November 27, 2014 | 1051 users online

Skincare - Body - Aveeno - Skin Relief Shower & Bath Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by GetFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this. I shower as usual and right before getting out, apply it all over my body, briefly rinse (without thoroughly trying to remove all traces) and towel off. I have pretty dry, itchy skin and while I wouldn't say this would be a substitute for body lotion, it at least allows me to get out of the shower without feeling like my skin is completely dehydrated and itchier than before. I am not sure any other product has ever done that for me. I haven't tried it in a bath yet because I don't often take baths (and the reviews commenting on it being difficult to clean turn me off - hate cleaning the tub) but I may try it out in the winter if needed.

It also smells AWESOME. I generally prefer less fragranced products because they make me sneeze and/or irritate my skin. But...this smells almondy and delicious. I didn't realize it would have this scent when I purchased it, so it was a really pleasant surprise - for whatever reason, most body products I buy that are supposed to smell like almond don't really end up smelling like it at all. This product doesn't even have fragrance added as far as I know, but the oat flour (?) must give it this scent? Anyway, it smells great. I think this bottle will last me a while but I will absolutely repurchase in the future and plan to stock up when Aveeno is on sale!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by kar120c

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is in my top five of items I can't live without. It is super moisturizing, smells great (almond scent), doesn't leave the shower slippery and I don't need lotion afterward. Another Aveeno hit.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart5015

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful treatment for dry skin. I love Aveeno products anyway. Always have. I put a little in my bath tub water and soak away. Leaves my skin amazingly moisturized and even/dewy looking. The bad thing about this is that is leaves the worst film you have ever seen on the bathtub and it attracts every bit of dirt known to man. Talk about "ring around the tub"!! I guess I should use this in the shower from now on. But I will definitely continue to buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by cindyl28

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I apply this in the shower when my skin is still damp. It has a wonderful cherry/almond smell. It makes my skin feel smooth and velvety. My husband is always complimenting me when I use this saying I have the softest skin he's ever felt. A 10 oz. bottle lasts a long time. All in all I think it's a great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by desertdwellr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am so grateful for this product. My 1 year old has eczema, and very dry skin, that was getting worse as time went on. I bought this, hoping it would help, and it has. He hasn't had an outbreak for several months. Yippie! I have been tempted to buy Eucerine's equivalant, of this product, but why? This works. I use it, too, and love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Libbycam

Suffering from "winter itch", I was on the look-out for a body oil that would give me some relief. I found Aveeno's Skin Relief Shower & Bath Oil at Walmart. Skin Relief Oil comes in a 10oz bottle with a flip-top cap. The consistency of this oil is thick with an oatmeal scent which smells somewhat like cherry. I am sensitive to fragrances, but this mild scent is tolerable to me. Oat kernel flour is what gives this product its scent since there is no "fragrance" listed in the ingredients. Skin Relief Oil can be used as a bath oil additive or after shower on wet skin. I haven't mastered the art of using a bath oil while skin is wet without discarding my bath towel to the laundry after each use. So, I dry off lightly and then apply the oil. It spreads easily and absorbs rather well. I find that after my style of application, I have nicely moisturized skin that is not greasy or streaky plus I do not need to use a lotion afterward. I would hesitate to wear a silk blouse immediately after using this, but my other clothing has not become stained by this oil. I prefer Aveeno's oatmeal oil to Neutrogena's Sesame Oil which I found is lighter in consistency, but not as moisturizing. The sesame oil made me itch later in the day around my knees where I had shaved and on my thighs. Aveeno's oil does not make me itch which is a good thing since my dry skin is itchy in the first place. I do recommend this oil, but may try others to see how they fair. >^,,^<

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No