October 20, 2014 | 942 users online

Moisturizers - Origins - Night-A-Mins Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Galaxydreamz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was a real splurge for me since I generally am a drugstore gal.
However, I was pleased.

Pros;
-nice fresh smell
-skin feels plump and new after use
-very moisturizing
-non-irritating

Cons;
-didn't stop my acne
-didn't reduce hyper pigmentation
-PRICEY!

Love this product in general and will repurchase if the olay cream I try next isn't as good. If not sure if it does all it claims to do, but it smells great, feels refreshing, and makes my skin feel nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by ThatOneGirl1021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the Night-A-Mins lotion.

I have been using it for almost a year and I can honestly say that this product really helped my acne and scarring. After using this product the first month ( only at night) I noticed that the older scars I had were disappearing faster than they did before the lotion.

This isn't an overnight miracle. I had to keep using the product, but it really did work.

Recently Origins changed the packaging to a jar form (which looks like less product for more money). I don't know if the formula has changed, but I hope it hasn't.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first I loved this product. The smell is wonderful, the texture light and soothing. When I first put it on I could actually feel my face flush. Now it has been almost two weeks and I have little bumps all over my forehead and cheeks. I have not broken out like this in forever. I am not sure if my skin is purging or if it is not agreeing with this product. I will try to tough it out through the sample however if this continues there will be no purchase. What a bummer, I honestly loved this the first week! Packaging stinks though, why did they change it to a pot?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by sem71

this product is great! I love it! It is quite expensive but so worth it! It makes my skin so soft and doesnt make it oily or feel greasy. It is a nice balance. it also does not break my face out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm loving this night lotion! First off the smell is amazing so that's a plus for me.I have oily skin and the light texture feels nice it doesn't make me oilier. When I wake up my face is soft, glowing, brighter and smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by BlueNite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in complete love with this product. I put it on every night year-round and I wake up with baby-soft and smooth skin. It smells divine- a light, calming citric scent as you're winding down for the evening. A little goes a long way, and it sinks right into the skin so you don't feel greasy when you hit the pillow. I have very oily skin in the summertime and normal skin in the winter- this neither over nor under hydrates my skin. My face feels wonderful every morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by wobblejelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Didn't really like the packaging as you have to pour straight from the bottle. Like the texture though as it make the face feel smooth. Surprisely it is not so greasy for my combi skin. I always use this as a 'perk me up' whenever I work consecutive late nights and my face becomes pimply. The effect is noticeable on the next morning. Skin becomes pump up, smoother and hydrated.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by skinz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good Result, Price ok, and packaging is quite nice.
ofcos will like to use it again, get 1 and try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

THIS PRODUCT IS MY BOYFRIEND. No, it's better than a boyfriend. I love it. For the longest time, I was on the quest for the perfect moisturizer (I know, it was epic). I tried EVERYTHING: Clinique, Boscia, Lancome, L'Occitane, Aveda, Ole Henriksen, even some of the cheaper ones like Jergens, Neutrogena, &c. I tried pretty much everything. I was walking by Origins one day on my quest, and never really had good luck with their products before but I figured since I was getting free samples, I might as well. I fell in love instantaneously.
My skin is very oily, but also very dry at the same time: in a strange way, it produces a lot of oil to make up for the extreme dryness, but for some reason my skin fails to absorb the oil it makes, leaving it still dry, and still oily. In the same places. It's bizarre, I know. (Which is why I had so much trouble finding a moisturizer.)
This stuff is light in texture, but powerful! Which is a perfect combination. It melts right into my skin, so I never feel like it just sits on top (like some of the other ones did). After you rub it in for a few seconds, it gets warm and slick and melty, like butter. I love that. After I finished applying this for the first time, I felt my skin just go, "Ahhh!" in comfort. I've been using it for about two weeks now (I had to go out and buy a bottle asap!) and when I wake up in the morning, my skin is bright and clear and HAPPY! (whereas most other moisturizers have left my skin unsatisfied and cranky in the morning.) Not oily, not irritated, but NOURISHED and healthy.
I can definitely see this being less-than-perfect for acne-prone skin types, but if you're just really oily (like me) this won't create a problem, or at least it hasn't on my skin. Plus, it smells divine... like sweet oranges :)
My only complaint about this product is the packaging: the bottle makes it difficult to get out the amount you need. I think adding a pump to the bottle would do a world of good. However, the way I handle this is simple - I take the little plastic sample container that I originally got my sample in, and pour the amount I need into that every night. That solves the whole problem easily. (So if you go out and buy this, ask for a little plastic sample thingie too.) I would imagine you could also pour it into the cap, or some other small container.
Anyway, I love this product more than words can describe.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by aewucla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This moisturizer is ok. I have dry, acne-prone, often sensitive skin and I was drawn to this moisturizer because of it's antioxidant and non-sensitizing properties. However, I find that it's not quite moisturizing for my skin. My has been looking more even and smoother since I began using it, but I still have dry, flaky spots on my face. The bottle itself is kind of annoying, because you can't squeeze it you kind of have to tap it like a ketchup bottle. the smell is nice, but not anything to shout about. I will use this moisturizer till it's gone, but i don't plan to purchase it again.