Sephora Glittering Nail Polish P07 Blue Sapphire

on 8/14/2012 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this exact polish but in gold and again like my other bottles of Sephora polish, I was very disappointed. It takes so long to dry and when it does dry and you wanna take it off, you've really got to scrub hard at your nail because it just doesn't come off!!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a gorgeous colour. Like someone else here, I'm using it to calm my lemming for Starry Starry Night. It's a pretty dark blue jelly with silver glitter flecks. Application was okay. However, I'm in Canada and, I'm sorry, but $7 for this tiny little polish? AYFKM?! Soo not worth it. Come on, Sephora, stop ripping us off - especially us Canadians!

on 11/10/2009 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Unbelievably sparkly. Application was a little messy. Took two coats. Bottle is small for the price. Chipped on the third day.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

**Click on 'Continued' at the bottom to see full review with photos**

I was immediately drawn to this color after seeing it recently on a wonderful polish blog. I loved the dark blue combined with the glittering effect, it reminded me somewhat of a night sky. I opted to try this out in order to tide myself over until I could find Essie Starry Starry Night ♥ Though not the same.. it was going to have to do since that color long discontinued:(

I first noticed how incredibly small the bottles were. I mean really small. For comparison here it is with a regular China Glaze polish~ Very small. Good thing I ordered 3 I thought as it equals about one regular bottle.

The very next thing I noticed was the smell.. I am used to the smell of nail polish, but this one was out of the ordinary, instant headache bad. I literally uncapped it and felt the oncomings of a headache. It was too pretty to not use, though.

It went on nice. The brush was wide, I liked that. I felt like it made application easy. I was able to paint my nailbeds and not touch the cuticle.. that is a blessing when using a dark polish, for me anyways:) It took 2 coats to be perfectly opaque. It was jelly-ish to me, but truly I'm not an expert so I hope I am referring to it in the correct terms. Here were the results using a base coat (SH Nail Quencher), 2 coats of color and Seche Vite Fast Dry top coat~

I loved the color. It held up reasonably well, though it did chip on day 3 and I've only ever had one other polish chip on me that fast. It was an easy fix, and worth it for this pretty color. I would buy it again ♥

**Side note~ I woke up to shrinkage the next morning from the SV top coat. My recent bottle of SV has made every polish do this though so I can't say if it was just this polish in particular. I truly suspect it is my new bottle of Seche Vite.

continued >>