October 21, 2014 | 2025 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - 24 hour body finishing spray

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This hairspray does a solid job of holding curl. I doubt it holds it for 24 hours but it definitely works at holding curl in my long hair throughout a workday. It can be kind of crunchy when you first spray it on if you do a lot, but it softens up after awhile, as does the hold (in a good way). The packaging is nice and it's inexpensive. This spray is not flexible but you can brush it out without it flaking or doing other terrible things. It's not the best for fighting frizz but it does OK. I'm not sure how much it really adds volume-wise but it doesn't flatten. It doesn't weigh hair down or make it greasy. The main reason I am only rating this a 3 is because it has a very strong chemical/alcohol smell that doesn't go away. I can smell it all day and I'm afraid other people can too. It is just overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by SnowcLovers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have extremely thin hair and curling is pretty much pointless for me...within 30 mins the curls come out. I was intent on getting my hair curled for prom and I decided to try this out. I was realllly skeptical...I was thinking at least the curls would stay in for pictures. To my surprise, it lasted ALL night...even after taking a pictures in the wind and then dancing for hours. My hair still looked AMAZING. I was so surprised and very pleased. It is light and doesn't weigh down my hair or make it extremely crunchy/sticky. The best way to use this is to spray it FAR away from your head...and I mean FAR away. DO NOT spray it too close. I'm not so sure about volume or anything since I tied it to one side and the curls themselves had volume to them....but I love this spray! The only product that allows me to style my extremely fine hair!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by mikimonkeynuts23

i am so in love with the smell of this prouduct and get alot of compliments on it also gives ok volume considering my hair has volume in it already being curly but helps when i blow dry it out.. leaves my hair a bit oily thought after a night out but overall i use it often and like just spraying over any style for the smell

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by blondetoadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great hairspray! This doesn't weigh down my fine hair and sprays in an even mist. It doesn't build up or get tacky. I find the scent pleasant and it holds my hair in place. I also use it as a root booster on 90% dry hair when I am blow drying it and the volume it gives my hair is fantastic! Love this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Pandora7

Find Tresemme hit or miss. For me, this one was a miss. Within five minutes of spraying my bouncy curls, my hair fell flat, felt slightly crisp. I'll try using this with an updo or flat ironed hair, but found this to be "meh" for curls. At least the price was right!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I LOVE THIS HAIRSPRAY! I've been looking for a good hairspray that works for my fine hard to curl hair forever. This one is the best I have found!

I've used it a couple times now, and each time it's held the curl in my hair for the entire day, even through the next day after being brushed and everything. Granted, it wasn't the same curl as when I was initially finished, but there was still some curl to my hair that can normally fall flat within hours.

It also didn't built up too much or weigh my hair down, which is always a huge problem with most hairspray for me. There isn't a horrible smell to it either. It's a very fine mist so it didn't look wet or feel too crunchy at all. There was still a ton of bounce to my hair after applying this product liberally.

The only problem I had was with the packaging. It's really hard to get the bottle to spray. At first I thought the bottle was actually broken, but after a couple of hard pushes it loosened a little. It's gotten easier since then, but is still tough to get the spray going.

Despite the horrible spray nozzle, it's not enough of a problem to give it a 4 instead of a 5! This is my new HG hairspray, and a must have for anyone with fine hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I think this is a really great product. It has a fine mist that doesn't get tacky or 'crunchy' when it dries. I don't know that it gives any additional body, but it's an excellent finishing spray. I also like the bottle. It's not too big and bulky. Will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by MissTish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this product, smells great and does the job without leaving your hair sticky and crusty...as long as you don't hold it too close while spraying...but this applies to any spray.

I think this product works to keep the body in for longer than most finishing sprays I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by dolcevita256

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a while this really worked on my hair. There are a lot of positives- I like the price, the brand, the smell and the initial hold, but it doesn't last. I don't have super frizzy hair, but I need something stronger to keep the polished look going all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by aminn00

I usually hate using any type of hair spray, but I really like this! It smells really nice, goes on light, & gives the perfect amount of hold & oomph. I also prefer that it's called finishing spray instead of hairspray...