April 17, 2014 | 1804 users online

Treatments - Dermalogica - Clearing Mattifier

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So I can't say I entirely have terrible acne anymore. I used to though, and once and a while i'll still get the odd zit that is really deep under my skins surface and really hurts and takes forever to go away! I really only got this mattifier to see if it would work as a decent makeup primer but still help to keep my skin clear. Well I can't say that it really worked for either purpose. It says mattifying but I honestly didn't notice any kind of difference in the appearance of my t-zone, because it still looked and felt oily whether I was wearing makeup or not. I did notice a bit of a subtle difference in my skin in the sense that while I was using this product I did not end up with any painful zits, but for the price and the overall quality of it, I don't think this product is completely worth it for me. I do continue to use other Dermalogica products though!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Snoowhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this product! When used in conjunction with the medibac cleanser and the overnight cream, this does wonders! Before dermalogica I had a cluster of pimples all around my chin and jawline. Now I don't even get big pussy pimples at all, I get afew tiny red ones when it's 'that time' of the month but that is all! Sooo worth the money and I am beyond happy to now go makeup free some days without being embarrassed of my red spotty face :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by neurosciguy

EXCELLENT PRODUCT. I have combo/oily skin in the t-zone and used to use milk of magnesia to keep my forehead and nose matte after my moisturizers made them all shiny. It worked, but I was itching to try this and I'm so glad I did- my forehead hasn't been this clear since I was ten goddamn years old. It's not QUITE as mattifying as the MOM (if you're gonna go clubbing, use that) and for some reason I find skin needs to be rather dry to for this to stick so really let any moisturizers sink in first. Still, between this and my Ben Nye powder I don't get any shine until the end of the day, and that's saying something!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by susan75

About once a month (if you know what I'm saying) I get breakouts on my chin and forehead almost like clockwork zits start to pop up. My skin is just more oily at that time. I started using this stuff and have been really happy with the results! It lasts a long time-- I only use it for like, 1 weeks amonth and it feels like the bottle is still mostly full. Great price, good packaging, and most importantly, it works!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by TeeCeeGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would have liked to see the kind of results as everyone else on here, but I didn't. It didn't make it worse and I didn't have any adverse effects. It just didn't seem to really do much of anything. Just after putting it on and waiting a few minutes, I didn't notice any mattifying. Of course, this was after washing my face, so I didn't have a lot of oil in the first place. But after applying makeup and throughout the day, I didn't notice that it kept my face any more matte than before using it. There's really no use to purchase it again. It does feel soft as I put it on my face and if anything, I guess it could be used as a primer. That's about it...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

BUH-BYE ZITS, this works wonders! I was totally skeptical when I first tried this product because it felt very silicon-y. But it cleared my cystic acne pretty quickly. I applied this on my face BEFORE my moisturizer. Honestly this "mattifier" lives up to its name because it took out the shine in the zit. I had the tube for 3 years and just ran out. Going to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by bizbuilder

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a Dermalogica kit to try it out, it is good. The kit comes with a small tube of Clearing Matifier, which I forgot about it. I finally start using it since 3 days ago. It Works Miracle!

It does what it claims to do absolutely! I have oily skin and this really keeps it down. It makes my skin clearer, smoother, less pore and etc etc. I am going to buy the product in full size and I think it retails for $45. But looks like www.skinmedix.com is selling it cheaper.

Anyway, I highly recommend this product. Works wonder.

Good luck girls!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by janneh

Really works, lasts for months, worth the money, simple controllable packaging/tube, controls oil throughout the day, no odor, try it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Fasionpolice

After you have done your cleansing routine in the morning you can put on your Cleansing Mattifier, before you moisturise.
The tube only allows you to squeeze out a bit at a time which is good because it's not cheap and you only need to apply a thin layer anyway. Just apply it to the parts of your face which go oily during the day. I apply my moisturiser and then makeup straight afterwards and it keeps me oil free all day. I have also applied this ontop of my makeup during the day as an extra precaution against oil.
It makes my makeup seem smoother, it makes me feel more confident and worth the investment if you have oil prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by lindso0101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product works for me but I think it is way overpriced. Garnier's mattifying moisturizer works just as well, if not better, and it's a fraction of the price.