April 17, 2014 | 1913 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - Hydrazen Neurocalm Soothing Anti-Stress Moisturising Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by whitneyfarrelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this moisturiser, I have dry sensitive skin and this is the only one I've discovered so far that leaves my skin soft and healthy looking. Ran out a few weeks ago and my skin is gone dry and red and patchy looking, my only problem with it is the price far too expensive!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by crystalbluex

A bit disappointed with this one. I'm a big fan of Lancome and use for my daily routine. I just feel as though this moisturiser doesn't moisturise as well as you'd think. As I have lots of this left, I'm still using it daily alongside Skinceuticals B5 hydrating gel (Extreme hydration) which makes it ok. However I don't think I'll repurchase once I finish my current pot. It's decent but for the price, you can get a lot better out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by marcipanka

i got this in a sample size (which is 15ml, so it lasts quite long) and it was love for the first sight.
however, when i started to use it regularly, i found out, that it doesn't moisturize that much. it just doesn't soak. when i touch my skin, it is really smooth, doesn't flake or anything, but it still feels itchy, like when i don't use any moisturizer at all.
probably just not strong enough for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a large sample of this in a gift set when I purchased Blanc Expert. The sample cream was white, and its the most nourishing hydrating moisturizer for my skin, without causing breakouts.

Its long lasting even in the middle of the driest winter and also under 8 hr aircon. It out performs Decleor hydrafloral cream which I needed to reapply after every 2 hours. It outlasts Estee Lauder's'Resilience lift, layered with Dermalogical hydrating booster. Not to mention the pore-clogging Clarins Super restorative cream. This cream is a dream. Absolute HG in the making.

So sad I was, when I finished the sample, and without a moment's waste I rushed to my department store to buy the supersized product. And now this is where the dream ends.

The normal sized cream is pink, and I've found out from the SA that its a changed new formula. Its dried out my cheeks and gave me 3 tiny white-heads. So I restarted my search for my HG moisturizer..until Lancome gave another gwp. This time I scooped all 4 sample creams , and this way I'm covered for the next 6 months at least.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by zen_a_holic

I bought this because the whole "zen" and "calming" for sensitive skin made think it would be alright for my skin, which can be quite sensitive. And it was alright for a little while, it seemed to moisturise. I did start to notice with the night cream that when I woke up my skin didn't feel that moisturised anymore and I just thought maybe I'd rolled around a bit during the night and wiped it off. So I kept using it.
However, after a couple of weeks my skin seemed drier (weird because it shouldn't) and MORE sensitive and red then it was. I don't know why, but it just doesn't like this stuff. When it first goes on it's alright, but after a while it just doesn't like it.
The fact that it's so expensive just doesn't make it worth it either. Yes it's a "top end" brand, but it's not worth that much money.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by dulcedeluxe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not sure how I should rate this one, it's a nice moisturizer but not the best out here. It's a bit overpriced I think, but the smell is nice and it gives my skin a nice glow. I have the 30 ml tube which i like, it's not as messy as a jar and more hygienic. I also like the fact that it has a SPF of 15. I don't think that it has a soothing and anti-stress effect on my skin though.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by rubyred23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this recently because my skin has been looking and feeling really dry with horrible flakey patches.
I don't think this moisturiser was worth the 50 I spent on it. I was so eager to find something that I let the SA talk me into buying it and I quite like lancome makeup and trust the brand. He said to wear it morning and evening.

I probably should have looked a bit harder in my quest for a good moisturiser because, as another reviewer pointed out, there are loads of nice moisturisers out there!
The SA also gave me samples of the genifique youth activator for application with the moisturiser. I didn't find this great and I don't think it made much of a difference to the dryness.
Also I ahve noticed that after the shower when I apply the cream, my face sometimes stings slightly around the nostrils and cheeks. I was surprised that an expensive product would cause my face to sting. Usually its just the cheaper moisturisers that gives me those issues
All in all probably not worth the money and I will probably try something different when I finish this pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by imi22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really like this cream, have the spf 15 one and the night cream. They keep my skin nicely hydrated and don't irritate my sensitive skin at all. Really like that it's in a pot so can get all of it out. Will keep buying this for now!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by chikorita23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

July.7 2011 Update:
I used to think this product work for me during hot season, but I made my comment too soon. I think this begin to irritate my skin, I'm starting to have break out again. It is strange as this isn't oily at all, I've tried absolute from Lancome *the mature skin one* and I'm fine with it. My skin might be react to some of the ingrediant. Or maybe because this isn't hydrate enough for my dehydrate skin. I have to go back to Primordiale or Renergie series.

Pro:
- Contain Sodium Hyaluronate!
- Absort quickly on your skin
- Nice Scent
- This cream is in pure white shade, meaning no additional dye in it.
- Skin feel very soft and comfortable

Con:
- Overpriced... more expensive then the cream-gel version. For a none-anti-aging cream this is not worth it.
- The anti-stress is nothing but a tricky way for Lancome to mark up this product, it does feel comfortable but will not "destress" or whatsoever.
- My skin start to break out a bit even the cream feel light and comfortable.

Although this is overpriced and my skin doesn't react nicely to it. The cream and some of the ingrediant are still worth a try! But I will not repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 7:25:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

Lovely moisturiser, but at the moment my skin is gone drier and I need something richer.. Not sure if I'll be buying again, since there are so many nice moisturisers out there..