September 17, 2014 | 986 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Hourglass - Illusion Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ek1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Living in Canada, our winters are super tough on my skin. I get really dry skin no matter how well I moisturize. I was looking for a product that I could wear that would not accentuate dry patches and flakey skin, or settle into fine line but give me a nice luminous coverage. The beauty advisor at Sephora tested out the Ivory shade on me which is the lightest shade they make. I admit it is a little dark for being called Ivory as I could never EVER in the past wear a color called Ivory or I would look 3 shades lighter but this is NOT light as Ivory. I like the coverage but I don't like the fact that it is really difficult to blend or spread. It is really like a thick cream foundation. There is nothing "tinted moisturizer" about this product. It is super expensive at $65 CDN and I have spent less on higher end foundation (Armani) before this Hourglass product. The packaging is ok because once you are running low, you can scrape out the last bits with a Qtip or another thin instrument. Try a sample at Sephora first, make sure they give you enough for a weeks worth and try to get 2 colors to see which one is best.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

- My skin: NC25, combination
- I tried this in shade Ivory (seems to run dark, as I never wear anything that's called Ivory)
- Coverage - medium foundation level coverage, which is surprising given it's a TM.
- I tried this with: Paula's choice mattifying primer + MUFE HD powder to set
- Wear throughout the day: just a little shiny in my T zone (not bad), but getting patchy around my nose after 9 hours. Helped my bronzer stay on a bit longer. Rubs off easily.
- Summary: this is OK, but for the price ($65 cdn, I think), I want something a bit better performing.
I want to give this 3.5 stars.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by punkface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for something with medium coverage that would be very moisturizing for my super dry skin. I bought this and tried it about 5 times now. I've applied it with 4 different kinds of brushes, used no primer under it, two other primers under it. It never looks good on me. Within 4 hours I look like a greasy mess and it starts wearing off my face and separating. I have to warm up the bottle before I use it so that the product actually comes out. It smells very much like sunscreen, I don't mind but others might. I'm returning this to sephora today.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Noi88

My mom recommended this and I don't understand why. It is a moisturizer that does not hydrate at all. I do not have dry skin but this made my skin look dry and fine lines were accentuated. The texture is tacky and does not blend well. The only thing I liked about it was the light-reflecting particles - only reason why I gave it an overall rating of 3 stars

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by danadia85

I love this tinted moisturizer. I set it with MUFE HD powder and it looks beautiful. I'm on my 6th bottle. I tried a lot of other foundations but they are either too cakey or too dry ( MUFE HD). So far this provides the best coverage while still looking natural, as long as I set it with powder. The color SAND is a good medium tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

I don't have particularly oily skin but this made me blot within 2 hours...It's a miss

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by DVick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Very light coverage, accentuated dry patches, and acne scars. Settled into any small lines. For me this made my skin look worse, I would rather use nothing than this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by threecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Though it is a moisturizer, the product feels like the heaviest makeup ever, and is difficult to apply and blend. This does not blend well, it is too sticky and thick. On the plus side, it certainly is luminous.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by bonnielemons

I have quite fair complexion (I think NC15-20) and typical combination skin (oily t zone with some dry spots).

Colour: The colours in this foundation all seem to start quite dark, so wouldn't be good for very fair people. I was fitted to the lowest colour Ivory, and it was on the dark side for me, but actually worked quite well.

Coverage: Fine at first with primer applied below, but got a little orange-y over time. VERY strong coverage for what is called a tinted moisturiser - more like a liquid foundation. But wasn't good at all for my little oily spotd.

Longevity: Started to get oily and lose coverage after only a couple of hours.

Finish: Has a very dewy finish, and it also has micro sparkles in it that become more apparent after a couple of times. People started commenting that I was wearing glitter on my face. Not what I want for an every day foundation!

Packaging: Very attractive and slimline, but I don't like pump bottles because I feel like I'm losing out on a lot of foundation near the end because there's a lot around the edges / at the bottom that you can't get.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by pammac

This product was the best one I could find when I went to Sephora looking for a new foundation. Being in my 50's the foundations I tried were cakey looking and did not look good on my skin at all (and I actually have pretty nice skin). This one, when applied with a WET SPONGE, looks awesome. The water from the sponge really makes this go on smoothly and gives a good all day look. I would not recommend using your fingers or even a brush to apply this, use the wet sponge.

The packaging is not very good. The pump uses up the available product and since the container is not see through you have no idea how much is left. The first time I used it I threw it away after the pump stopped pumping. Then on the 2nd bottle I got smart and unscrewed the top to find another several weeks worth of product if you scoop it out with the pump wand thingy.

A little of this foundation goes a long way, you don't need alot to get a nice look.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No