December 20, 2014 | 1605 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Hourglass - Illusion Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Flightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Was put onto this by the girls at Mecca and stunned at the results when I saw how great my skin looked. I purchased this as a FOUNDATION it's quite a medium to heavy type tinted moisturiser and I think it's actually a bit wrong to sell it as a tinted moisturiser when it works better as a foundation. I use ivory.
The secret is to use the hourglass brush (I orig purchased without brush and went back the next day and bought brush- don't regret it one bit) if yo don't use the round type foundation brush with this it won't go on properly hence all the reviews of it being too heavy and not sitting right on the face. Pump a bit on your hand, dip brush in and whip it into the skin in circular motion making sure you get the bits around the nose/eyes etc. you can do a light cover for everyday wear or a bit heavier for a more covered look.
I am a flight attendant- no word of a lie I can wear this for 16 hours and it still looks amazing after I finish work and has brilliant coverage but doesn't feel at all heavy.
I set it with the hourglass ambient light trio palette and I use a concealer under my eyes with it too.
It's pricey but I was paying the same for my old foundation so would def repurchase. The hourglass foundation brush is essential to making this work. If I had of bought this online and not been shown how to use it by the MUA at Mecca I would of been disappointed too as it's def too thick to apply with fingers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I don't love this. It goes on caky and heavy on me, very medium coverage. It is very BB cream in nature and not tinted moisturizer as the name suggests.

The colors run dark. I wear nude in this but online fit me with beige which was super dark. You must try these in person.

Nice tube but price is high. I will be returning this as it makes my skin look as old as it is--it settles in lines and emphasizes all cragginess. Not a homerun for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Madera

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely, this foundation/moisturizer will not settle into any large pores. I tested all Chanel foundations, La Mer, Paula's choice, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Jane Iredale, Dior, Mineral fusion, Clinique, Maybelline, Smashbox, Urban Decay, Stila, and Mac among many many others.

This will not cake into large pores and it will not settle into wrinkles in harsh operating room lights or outside. My shade is Nude.

Seriously elegant. Wish it had some antioxidants in it and a higher SPF.

Beats any liquid foundation out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ek1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Living in Canada, our winters are super tough on my skin. I get really dry skin no matter how well I moisturize. I was looking for a product that I could wear that would not accentuate dry patches and flakey skin, or settle into fine line but give me a nice luminous coverage. The beauty advisor at Sephora tested out the Ivory shade on me which is the lightest shade they make. I admit it is a little dark for being called Ivory as I could never EVER in the past wear a color called Ivory or I would look 3 shades lighter but this is NOT light as Ivory. I like the coverage but I don't like the fact that it is really difficult to blend or spread. It is really like a thick cream foundation. There is nothing "tinted moisturizer" about this product. It is super expensive at $65 CDN and I have spent less on higher end foundation (Armani) before this Hourglass product. The packaging is ok because once you are running low, you can scrape out the last bits with a Qtip or another thin instrument. Try a sample at Sephora first, make sure they give you enough for a weeks worth and try to get 2 colors to see which one is best.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

- My skin: NC25, combination
- I tried this in shade Ivory (seems to run dark, as I never wear anything that's called Ivory)
- Coverage - medium foundation level coverage, which is surprising given it's a TM.
- I tried this with: Paula's choice mattifying primer + MUFE HD powder to set
- Wear throughout the day: just a little shiny in my T zone (not bad), but getting patchy around my nose after 9 hours. Helped my bronzer stay on a bit longer. Rubs off easily.
- Summary: this is OK, but for the price ($65 cdn, I think), I want something a bit better performing.
I want to give this 3.5 stars.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by punkface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for something with medium coverage that would be very moisturizing for my super dry skin. I bought this and tried it about 5 times now. I've applied it with 4 different kinds of brushes, used no primer under it, two other primers under it. It never looks good on me. Within 4 hours I look like a greasy mess and it starts wearing off my face and separating. I have to warm up the bottle before I use it so that the product actually comes out. It smells very much like sunscreen, I don't mind but others might. I'm returning this to sephora today.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Noi88

My mom recommended this and I don't understand why. It is a moisturizer that does not hydrate at all. I do not have dry skin but this made my skin look dry and fine lines were accentuated. The texture is tacky and does not blend well. The only thing I liked about it was the light-reflecting particles - only reason why I gave it an overall rating of 3 stars

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by danadia85

I love this tinted moisturizer. I set it with MUFE HD powder and it looks beautiful. I'm on my 6th bottle. I tried a lot of other foundations but they are either too cakey or too dry ( MUFE HD). So far this provides the best coverage while still looking natural, as long as I set it with powder. The color SAND is a good medium tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

I don't have particularly oily skin but this made me blot within 2 hours...It's a miss

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by DVick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Very light coverage, accentuated dry patches, and acne scars. Settled into any small lines. For me this made my skin look worse, I would rather use nothing than this.