November 22, 2014 | 1815 users online

Shampoo - Rusk - Sensories Smoother Passionflower and Aloe Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by SpanishSmileyFace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this at Marshalls because it was cheap and I've tried another Rusk shampoo before and loved it.
I find that this shampoo dries my hair out a bit and leaves that almost waxy feeling to my hair. It's because of that that it makes my hair harder to brush through when it's wet.(NOT a detangling shampoo) However, it does lather nicely, give a nice shine and makes my hair stay clean for a day longer than usual.
I find that although this may not be the best shampoo on it's own, IT WORKS BETTER when you mix it with other shampoos. When I mix it with other shampoos, that almost waxy feeling is gone and my hair still stays cleaner longer. My hair will detangle easier and still lather nicely. That's why I would still buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isn't a bad shampoo, but it didn't really do what it says. I have to admit that I only tried it because it was so cheap (on clearance). I remember reading someplace that creamy opaque shampoos are for dry hair and the clear ones are for oily/thin hair. This one is clear so maybe that's the problem. It didn't smooth my hair regardless. Again, not horrible but not smoothing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2007 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Cammy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow. I'd heard so much good stuff about this shampoo that I was expecting something of HG quality. I was wrong. I have the type of hair that this intended for, coarse 3b/c hair, and it didn't smooth anything. It's not a horrible shampoo, but it felt more like a clarifyer, and not even a good one. I actually like the the deep cleansing shampoo from tressemme WAY more than this, it even smells better. This actually dried my hair out. It's weird because A LOT of people seem to be really happy with it, but it didn't work for me. I would suggest you get the smallest size bottle available just to make sure, and don't go for the bargain gallon, like I did lol. I guess it's worth adding that my mom likes it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2005 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Vuitton_Girl

Complete crap. I like the smell but it leaves my slightly dry, curly hair feeling completely brittle. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2005 3:00:00 AM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I guess it's best to have naturally frizzy hair to notice any difference between this shampoo and any other basic shampoo. My hair isn't frizzy in the slightest and this shampoo is just a basic everyday average shampoo. I have used many many shampoo's both low end to high end that make my hair feel and look the same exact way so for me there's absolutely nothing special about it. It lasted the same amount of time as any other shampoo as well. Considering I can buy a shampoo for $2.99 or buy this for $9.99, I think I'd buy the $2.99 instead and get more for the money on top of it. So, still searching for a shampoo that actually makes a noticeable difference in my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2004 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Tallulahville

This is one of my favorite shampoos of all time. I have thick, curly hair that's a little coarse and tends to frizz. This shampoo leaves it clean but not stripped, soft but not coated with silicones (which dry my hair out and gunk it up), lathers nicely, rinses easily. Plus, it smells heavenly - a fresh, light, invigorating floral. I come back to this one again and again. I just wish they had a matching-smelling conditioner that was silicone-free!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2004 4:03:00 PM More reviews by terremisu

I have thick, coarse hair that becomes really frizzy after a wash. This shampoo tamed most of the frizz, but not all. My hair is noticeably smoother and not as dried out either. The packaging says that you can use 30-50% less because of the compressed technology, but I still use the same amount as I would with other shampoos. Overall, this is a great shampoo and lathers very nicely too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2004 1:00:00 AM More reviews by tigry

Great product. Smells great & most importantly, it really tames the frizzes. Can see a clear difference after using it on my hair. (have unruly hair which tends to curl at the ends when long)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2004 2:00:00 PM More reviews by ag823420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love the smell most of all!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2003 3:24:00 PM More reviews by lipglossgal

I took a chance on a hugh bottle at Costco for $8.99, since I figured if I did not like it my husband could use it, but guess what -he is not getting this. Very noticiable smoothing and does not seem to make my hair as dry as other things I've tried. I would repurchase, but between the size of the bottle and the fact that it has some kind of special technology where you use 30% to 50% less than you normally would and I had 6 inches chopped off my hair recently, this will last me a very, very long time.