October 20, 2014 | 1141 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Sensitive Skin

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Leex04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Okay so I have very dry skin but my t-zone gets oily mainly my forehead however I purchased this product because I heard so many good reviews about it. So I decided to pick up the one with sensitive skin because of my skin (obviously) when I started using it like for the second time my face got some red itchy spots but eventually the go away. I continued using it because I really wanted to know if it works for me then it kept drying out my skin!! And already having dry skin this only did worse honesty. I really want to like it cause I kept using it but this is too harsh and doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Allylange

This product is not for people with dry skin - I actually have normal skin and it's sensitive but this is a great product because I wear a lot of face makeup and it feels like it gets it all off. It's pretty harsh but that's exactly what I need. It makes my skin feel incredibly soft after I wash my face and it feels good to do it before bed because my face tends to get really oily overnight. For the price and the way it works, I really would not want to buy anything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by jiegao8

It cleanses decently well but I think it's still a bit too harsh on my skin. Every time after I used it, I would get these tiny rash-like red bumps. Although they go away after couple of hours but I doubt it's good for my skin. So won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Nikz90

This is prefect for my sensitive prone skin! I have that type of skin that if u touch it gets all red so it is very difficult for me to have a good scrub for my skin which dont irritate my skin furthur after going through alot of scrubs i finally found this brand which is simply amazing for my skin it doesnt break me out it doesnt irritate my skin and it gives my skin clean and soft n supple feel without which i dont feel satisfied anymore it does very very little brightening of skin only removes all the dirt and make up i will definetly will be buying this again and again since it suit my skin alot!:D my HG scrub!:) i am also using its body lotion which is amazing too for my skin its name is elastin collagen body lotion it protects my skin against dryness for 24 hrs and make my skin so soft that my friends say i have baby soft hands!^.^

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Mandadanyele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try this scrub after hearing so many good things about it. I have acne-prone skin so I was hoping this would help with blackheads and my dry skin. While I don't think it made my skin worse, it didn't help either. I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Been using this for a few months, so thought it was about time to review! I had been searching for a simple exfoliator that wouldn't irritate the beejesus out of my sensitive skin. Spotted this on offer in Superdrug so decided to give it a go. The little beads are a bit difficult to get off, but I've found if I just rinse a few more times than I normally would, it does the trick. It leaves my skin feeling super soft and my make up always goes on smoother the next day. This also takes care of any dry patches I have, they always look much better. Although this says you can use it daily, I only use it once or twice a week when my skin feels especially icky. It hasn't caused any irritation or caused my eczema to flare up. Has not caused any clogged pores or acne (I'm extremely clog prone). The smell is also absolutely divine, feels like a treat every time I use it! (I was worried that the fact it had a fragrance would cause issues, but I haven't had any with it) All in all, this is a staple in my skin care arsenal.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Kourki13

This stuff was awful. After reading the good reviews on here, I was hoping for a cheap and gentle manual exfoliator. I had a few flakey patches on my face that I wanted to get rid of, so I applied a bit of this over my wet face. First, it was really hard to remove the flakey skin with this stuff. Then, once I'd finally managed that, I washed it off to realize that everywhere I'd scrubbed was so scratched up it looked like I'd been rubbing my face with sandpaper. It took days of moisturizing and taking a break from products for my face to heal. I'm sticking to my Caudalie Buffing Cream, which is expensive but so much nicer to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by candybum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My very dry, sensitive skin was in desperate need of some exfoliation. I tried a higher end drugstore scrub from the Avene line, and it stung and burned like most other scrubs. I saw this St.Ives one on sale for less than $4 Cdn so I figured why not try it, if it's too strong for my face, I'll use it on my body. But it was very gentle, and very exfoliating. It got rid of all my flaky dry patches with no irritation or redness. This will be in my shower as long as they keep making it! Even at full price, around $8, this is a steal! My moisturizer went on so much better and I look like I've had a facial! HG for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by mystiquerida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love. I've been using St Ives Scrubs since high school and their scrubs are amazing. I have dry sensitive skin but this doesn't dry me up. The beads are really small but I can feel them working. My skin feels really refreshed after using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first used St Ives Apricot Scrub many years ago as a teenager and didn't use it many years after that as I was using more high end brands. A few months ago I decided to buy a tube of this and try it again. It's a great facial scrub! I love the smell and it's grittiness. I don't have sensitive skin but decided to go with this Sensitive Skin version as I recall the original version was a bit rough for everyday use. I only use this a couple of times a week, and it definitely helps keep my complexion clear. I'll be sticking with this scrub - it's cheap and it works well!