La Mer SPF 30 UV Protecting Fluid

4.1

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 10%, Octinoxate 7.5%. The rest: water, cyclopentasilocane, c12-15 Alkyl benzoate, phenyltrimethicone, methyl timethicone, octyldodecyl neopentandate, vinyl demethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate corsspolymer, glycerine, dimethicone, chondrus crispus (carrageenan) extra, laminaria ochrolecu extract, magnesium sulfate, chrithmum maritmum extract, pantethine, yeast extract, malachite, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, caprylic/capric triglyceride, polysilicone-11, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, dipentaerythrityl tri-polydroxystearate, tourmaline, dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, quaternium-18 bentonite, styrene/Acrylates copolymer, PEG-8 Laurate, propelene carbonate, isostearic acid, fragrance, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, cintronellol, sorbic acid, phenoxyethanol, green 5.

on 3/26/2014 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE 06.05.2014: I bought another bottle of this fluid today and noticed that they've changed the formulation! It has NO zinc oxide as an active, only the oxynocate. I can't believe because I loved this spf so much. It turns out it only protects from UVB rays.

The best SPF for everyone with oily skin. I've tried practically everything, but this blew me away!
Easily spreaded, quickly absorbed, no residue and it does have a high protection. I think it evens mattifies my face, but somehow it looks radiand!
Some people commented to use it even without a moisturiser if you're oily but I don't reccomend that, you should always moisturize your face no matter how dry or oily it is.
Will repurchase every time!

on 8/6/2013 12:13:00 PM

I loved using this product up until I had a massive breakout on my chin, about a week after using the fluid daily. I haven't been using anything else that's new on my chin so I think it is this product. I had been recovering from acne and my chin area was clear, I can now count 19 spots on my chin :(. This was an expensive mistake for me.

on 7/31/2013 9:18:00 AM

Absolutely amazing product. I live in Singapore but I used this when I lived in the uk too. It suits both climates and never feels heavy or gloopy like most physical spfs. I love that it acts as a primer and doesn't tint your skin an odd colour. It never makes my face greasy and importantly, doesn't contain alcohol. In the UK and US it seems that this product is being phased out to make way for the new sun lotion. I think Lauder are making a terrible mistake.....why on earth would you do this when every other line out there (including your own) is bringing out primer style spfs?!? meanwhile I am thankful this is still available in Asia under the "blanc" line....same great formulation, 10ml bigger bottle! I hope La Mer has the sense to relaunch this in other regions - even if as a primer- because the new sun creams aren't a patch on this and I for one won't be buying them...

on 11/17/2012 2:29:00 PM

I, unfortunately, love this expensive La Mer SPF in the summer time. I don't breakout from it & it does not make my face greasy.

In the winter I use Josie Maran SPF 40, which I also love, since my skin is drier then & can use the moisture.

on 7/24/2012 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have combination skin with huge pores so I have tried many sunscreens that help control oil. La Mer is the best so far. I have tried Chanel and Clinique City Block Spf40. Clinique is a great option but I didnt feel I need such a high spf and chanel was too drying.

La Mer controls oil but does not leave my skin dry. If I skip it just for one day my face would look slightly darker at the end of the day so it does make a difference keeping my skin tone even.Also if I do not use it my face becomes oily and looks greasy. My skin looks more perfect with the sunscreen. Although it is a very expensive sunscreen but I havn't been able to find a replacement.

on 7/6/2012 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The only sunscreen that instantly absorbs, does not leave a white film, and does not break me out. I have extremely sensitive and acne prone skin and took my quite a while to find this HG product.
Very expensive, but very worth it. Try a sample before buying, as everyone's skin and reaction to products is different.

on 4/28/2012 2:53:00 PM

Best ever. Physical sunscreen , sheer, not oily, not white , no blocking pores, not dry,........and so much more

on 4/15/2012 5:20:00 AM

Sunscreen and act as a primer as well.

on 4/6/2012 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

EDIT 2: I just thought I'd come back and update. I've used 10 bottles of this product now and can definitely say it's HG and I hope they never change the formula or stop production. It doesn't break me out, it goes on perfectly clear and I actually look forward to applying it daily. I've never been able to say that about a sunscreen before!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I am upgrading this to a 5. I am about to open my sixth bottle and it's still working like a dream for me. By the way, does anyone know why the UK version is different to the US version? It's a different colour and only specifies UVB protection (not UVA).
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I, too, am conflicted as to the rating this product deserves, because it really does not offer the best UVA protection. However, the texture and finish for me is unbeatable.

For the last year and a half I have been using tinted physical sunblocks; in particular, Peter Thomas Roth Make-Up Less SPF30 and Hydropeptide SPF 30. Both have their benefits, but I find myself not wanting to use a tinted block anymore, as it looks like I am wearing makeup. The problem is that traditional white/clear sunscreens make my olive skintone look sullen and sick.

This is the first non-tinted SPF that I can wear without worrying about looking unhealthy. It dries absolutely clear and I can put quite a lot on my face, without a white caste or any other effects. I like this aspect, because traditionally I have applied less than I should, so as not to look sick or makeup-y.

For this reason, I've repurchased twice already and will continue to use it, even if the protection is not perfect. For the beach I will have to find something more suitable, with a higher PPD rating.

It is very expensive and I find that the bottle will only last me one month with daily applications to face, neck and chest. If you find it lasting much longer, I'm sorry to say that you're probably not using enough to get a real spf30.

on 2/22/2012 7:56:00 PM

Sat on top of skin and did not sink in (due to silicone content, perhaps?). Anyway, skin felt greasy (not glowy) with this on under tinted moisturiser.
And, worst still, skin reacted negatively: was red and aggravated following first application, so naturally discontinued use.