October 2, 2014 | 1487 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by JorrinC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product, I generally like neutrogena products, prior to buying this sunscreen I used the ultra sheer dry touch spf 100 and it worked really well, but I was looking for something without all the chemicals cause of the possible harmful affects. the active ingredients in this one are titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. which work better at protection anyway. but I have used a couple times and surprisingly I didnt get any breakouts, I have very acne prone skin. the consistency is not thick at all. it goes on wonderfully and it absorbs good and the only problem is the slight whitecast, I have medium tone skin and it wasnt too bad. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this stuff but its obviously not for everyone. I use the CVS version which has the same ingredients. I dont find it heavy and would compare it to neutrogena's dry touch stuff only its not irritating/painfully dry and my makeup goes on way smoother with it. Yes, it has a cast but imo the cast it creates is not nearly as bad as Neutrogena dry touch SPF 70 ( the non liquid kind). As another person mentioned the opaque cast it makes actually creates a blurring effect for me, as it cancels out all the redness and seems to smooth out my imperfections--and it does this all without being all oily and shiny.

One thing that confuses me is that i see a lot of people complaining that this stuff is too oily/too moisturizing but this stuff doesn't seem oily or even moisturizing to me (like i said I use the cvs version but it seems to have the exact same ingredients). Then again maybe this is because i dont put a ton of it on? I use it as a daily SPF and rarely spend longer than 10 minutes at a time in direct sunlight (mostly I need protection in traffic or when out running). It works find for me this way and like I said, its not like I hang out in the sun all the time so i just dont feel the need to layer on a thick layer every day ...

I'd say the main thing to watch out for with this stuff is acne, cause titanium and zinc can break people out. Probably, its not the best option for people with acne prone skin but its worth a try if you're sensitive and having trouble finding an SPF.

Update: I reluctantly decided to stop using this after I looked up the best sunscreens on EWG's guide to spfs. Imma try Coppertone's SPF 50 (a 14.5% zinc version--they have a bunch) because this one rated only "moderate" in terms of protection, which is one level above poor and it was also labeled as a "misleading spf" due to (what I an assuming is) ineffective formulation.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Jasminion

THIS SUNBLOCK SUCKS, here's why:

1- nasty sunblock smell (I'm guess only natural has this, got it)
2- Doesn't blend in properly. White streaks everywhere if I'm not careful. If it gets into your hairline it becomes way harder.
3- cakes up on your face, it joins with my moisturizer or something and I start seeing eraser like shreds on my face.
4- heavy white cast.

Horrible. I returned it and bought the neutrogena clear face one. That one is awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by NickyZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is fantastic. I'm somewhat sensitive but use retinoids and acne treatments from time to time. I'm fairly oily and am very active. I can use chemical sunscreens and do when the situation calls for it, but when I know I'll be sweating I use a physical spf like this one so I won't sting my eyes.

This is so light and non-greasy. Finally, a drugstore physical spf that isn't super shiny and heavy feeling. I'm loving Neutrogena lately. Great formulation. I'd highly recommend this. It does take a little time to rub in and I'm light to begin with, so the white cast is minimal. Not my spf of choice if I'm wanting to look my best though. For that I use La Roche Posay Fluid spf 60, the shaka shaka matte one from CVS in the US.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i'm writing this review without reading the other yet, as i dont want to be influenced by what they say.
my skin: fair, freckle and acne-prone, combination, easily burned
needs in a sunblock: uva and uvb protection, at least spf 30, doesnt make skin dry and flakey but doesnt make skin oily either, can be used under MU, is physical, not chemical, so i dont have to re-apply as often
i bought this before reading reviews, just saw it at the store. i think it was around $12 or so at walmart. i was really happy ot see that it was a higher spf physical ss w/ both uva and uvb protection, and that it was fragrance free. it being waterproof ans sweatproof werent really a big deal to me, as i dont go swimming or anything too often.
upon application i noticed that there wasn't an offensive smell. there is an obvious whie cast, but i dont mind that a bit, since i have a lot of redness in my skin from acne scarring, and often i got out w/ just ss, no MU, so i found that this helped to hide some of the reddness.
the 1st time i applied it i noticed that my skin got a little flakey arond the lower cheek/jaw area, so after that i used a tiny bit of moisturizer underneath, and that solved the problem.
the reason i've only given this a 2 is beause it feels SO oily on my skin! it wouldnt be such a big deal if it only FELT oily, but it LOOKS like really greasy skin too. this isnt a matter of using too much-- and i wouldnt use less and compromise the spf's effectiveness. at first i though it just needed to sink in but after wearing it out for a few hours, it didnt at all.
i DO love the packaging on this, who DOESN'T love squeeze tubes?! they're the best way to use up all the product!
in short, i think this would be great for someone with dry skin, they'd love it!
but for me, i'm looking for an every day, physical ss that isnt quite as oily. i have a more expensive japanses ss that i wear under my MU, but i want something less expensive for the days i just want to put on ss and go. if anybody has any suggestions, please pm me!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by xexmx

Love love love this sunscreen. I have sensitive, oily, pale- as -snow skin, and this works perfectly. I wear sunscreen everyday, and I prefer not to wear chemical sunscreens, so this is fantastic. Even though it sounds like Neutrogena is being dishonest about the ingredients, I'll still use this just because it's effective and not too expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I agree completely with Lizawithaz's criticism of this product. I think it is deceptive of Neutrogena to list ingredients alphabetically rather than in the order they are contained in this product. I bought it before I realized it did that. I can't think of any other line that does that, and I'm surprised that Neutrogena would do that. You don't know if the parabens are high or low on the list and if it has a lot of vitamin c or a tiny amount. It seems intentionally deceptive. All that said, I am giving it two lipsticks instead of one because I like that it's a physical block that provides quite a bit of protection. I wore it today under makeup, and it was heavy and tacky. My makeup didn't wear well over it. I prefer Sofina or Becca's Mineral or Avene Euros to the Neutrogena. Both wear better and look better on my face. I'll use this tube for my hands and other parts of my body. I was hoping it would work well for everyday facial use, but it didn't. The white cast wasn't a big problem for me because that faded and my foundation/powder helped minimize the rest, but it felt like it was just sitting on my face. I would buy again for my hands/body, but only if Neutrogena starts listing ingredients by content and not alphabetically.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Lizawithaz

OK I'm deleting my prior review I just wrote because honeystix was kind to point out that a comment I made about this product having alot of vit c in it was incorrect because Neutrogena choose to list the ingredients in alphabetical order. I didn't even notice the ascorbic acid was at the top of the ingredient deck because it started with the letter A. Regadless of how I feel about the product, I refuse to buy anything from a company who is going to do that. I'd deceitful. I bought this thinking it would be a good face/body spf with at least one high level antioxidant in it. If they list things alphabetically how the heck are we suppose to know if they just threw in a few ingredients to "look" good but in reality they are all in some minor quantity or less than the amount of preservative in the product. I feel like I was purposefully mislead and from Neutrogena that bugs the heck out of me.