September 22, 2014 | 1921 users online

Gels/Soaps - Bath & Bloom Bamboo Charcoal Soap with EVOO

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Jandesan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well ditto to the review below. This soap CLEANS! No perfumes, which is the reason I use PERFUME. I did buy a wooden soap dish so as not to waste any of this perfect bar! LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 8:02:00 AM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Attention ladies and gents, this is officially my HG bath soap!! Never did I think I would be writing a review on bath soap, because who normally thinks of these things anyway, but I just had to for this one because it is the most amazing one I have ever come across. It is a square 2.8 oz. block of black soap, smells refreshing, scrubs like no other scrub. For years I've been attempting scrubs scooped out of jars, and you know how it is - gravity makes those frustratingly emollient little scoops disappear on your skin before you can even rub them on. Loofahs, on the other hand, collect bacteria like nothing else. Enter this amazing piece of soap.

It is made in Thailand, and the product description says:

"This sophisticated soap gets its mystical color from bamboo charcoal powder, which sloughs away dead skin cells and absorbs odors. The cool citrus mint scent freshens your mind as well as your tired muscles. Perfect for active people looking for a fresh & clean
scent after exercise."

It basically has sizable chunks of some kind of black charcoal powder granules in it, which doesn't "melt" in the shower once it comes in contact with water (microbeads - I'm looking at you). It maintains a lovely scrub throughout your wash, is not rough on the skin at all, and the soap lasts and lasts. Somehow, my skin is softer, brighter, and more even-toned! I've been trying to get it more even-toned, and this eliminates my dire need for an AHA body lotion - those things are pricey, thank god. It is usually $2.50, but is on sale at Pier 1 for 99c. I bought 10 in my frenzied panic that they'd go out of stock! I hope everyone looking for a deeper scrub for their winter flakies gets a chance to try this amazing soap. Okay, I'm finished now, haha. Here are ingredients for anyone interested:

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Bamboo Charcoal Powder.
continued >>