October 24, 2014 | 1730 users online

Treatments (Face) - Skin Laboratory - Glycolic Acid 35% Gel Peel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been lazy lately to write reviews but this stuff does deserve a few words and praises.
It's amazing, regardless of your age and your skin issues - this (and glycolic acid in general) will diminish, minimize and maybe even completely get rid off whatever it is that is bothering you in regards to skin. It targets acne, wrinkles, discoloration, uneven skin tone, age spots, black heads, white heads, clogged pores, you name it. About me: My skin is okay. I am 29 years old, i have normal skin and an oily t zone. I do get breakouts every so often, particularly before that time of the month. My skin isn't terribly problematic but it does have it ehhhh days. I also wear a full face of make up 7 days a week. I've been building up tolerance to AHAs (glycolic acid) for about 2 years by using products by the brand alpha hydrox ( also very much recommended) in smaller concentration (5% - 20%). On me this stuff works by giving me clearer, smoother skin, clear pores, even skin tone and a glow. Foundation glides on smoother and looks more natural. I can't explain it any better but that is what it does on me. This is a chemical exfoliant, it gets rid of top dead skin layer and exposes new baby skin to the world, so please wear SPF if you choose to use this or you will do more harm than good. For more information on AHAs - look up Dr. Neil Shultz and dermtvdotcom channel on YouTube where an unbelievably knowledgable dermatologist and a professional explains this as well as any other skin related question you may have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Harlot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I`ve experimented with this product for about 6 months now and although it`s great for the face, I found an additional use for it. I use this on my the back of my hands and leave it on for an hour. It results in a nice even texture with a translucent tone. After using it once a week, my age spots are almost gone. It`s a great exfoliator for chronically dry hands to the point that I don`t even have to apply hand cream on a daily basis anymore after months of these "hand treatments". The package insert advises using a cotton pad or fan brush but I simply apply it with my finger as not to waste any of the product. Works just a s well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by ritables

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i just wanted to warn people that they should experiment with home peels only after experiencing a few of them from the spa. Its a dangerous thing and i can see how easy it would be to damage your skin. It takes a few times to understand how much pain equals to how deep/amount of flaking you are going to have. Everyone is different, you can NOT rely on these internet reviews. Even with my own experience with peels things are not constant or predictable; the same conditions often yields different outcomes. Do yourself a favor and get a peel done by a professional first before trying to emulate at home.
I have done 8 peels before i tried this one. The first time i only left it on 1 min. The second time 2 mins with similar results. The third time i could only bear it for 2 mins (and yes i noticed the pain was much worse) and this time it burned a few places and went deeper than expected. Its not a very strong peel, and if done correctly the flakes should be very small, if you can see them at all. The lack of flakes does not mean it is not working; i did notice the condition of my skin was fabulous afterwards in areas i did not peel at all.
I do think its because of the Retin A use the past few days. It says not to use retinoids for a week before peels, which i disobeyed. But previous to all peels i was using the Retin A micro anyways. So bizzare. Im telling you the results are so weird sometimes and very unpredictable.
the last 2 peels i had absolutely NO downtime at all but unfortunately this time i do have some areas that look road-rashed and do feel odd.
This product is a great alternative to getting expensive spa treatments but if you dont know what you are doing, you can really hurt yourself. Go to the spa a few times and get familiar with peels before trying them at home with out any previous experience,.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by nychic1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used Glycolic products in the past but at much lower concentration levels. In my 20's it was a face lotion from Neutragena that had like a 2% concentration. In my early 30's it was the kits from Loreal. My mid 30's I used products from Paula's Choice.Well, now I'm in my late 30's and I need something a little stronger. I starting using this product about 8 weeks ago. I followed the instructions to a T. After cleansing and prepping my skin with Alcohol, as per the instructions I applied the gel for a minute. I experienced mild purging, and mild brightening. The 2nd week I increased application time to 2 minutes, no more purging, but increased brightening, softness, smooth even skin. Every week I increased application I experienced positive results, skin clearer and clearer, brighter, glowing. I got a little bit daring and added a touch to my crows feet and under eye area. To my surprise it brightened and even minimized the fine lines! I've skipped a week here and there and when I do I go back to a reduced time of about 3 minutes. I can not tolerate more than 5 minutes. I continue to see positive results. The peeling is very minimal, if at all. I moisturize immediately after rinsing with Castor Oil, let it soak in and wipe off excess with a damp wash cloth. I wear sunscreen religiously to preserve my results. I can not say enough good things about this product. Highly recommend.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My once perfect skin has been replaced by a hormonal unbalanced face. It's very embarrassing and hinders my daily routine. I tried their 70% Lactic Acid one weekend, and it completely wrecked my skin for over a week. After my skin healed from that ordeal, I decided to try my other purchase from this company, the 35% Glycolic Acid peel.

I've been using a 10% Glycolic Acid face wash for the last couple of years, so I've been able to build a good tolerance for this type of acid. Actually my wash has been less than effective because of this, so I definitely needed to step it up.

I applied this acid on a clean dry face, with a cotton ball. After 5 mins I rinsed w/ cool water, then a baking soda water solution for deactivation. It's very strong, and recommend a deactivation solution, dissolved baking soda works fine.

If you have hyperpigmentation and/or forming pimples, you will notice dramatic results right away. I can't say enough good things about this product and this company; that claims to use no alcohol in any of their products. This makes a difference in getting results without the nasty side effects of reactions. You should be careful to read the instructions that the products comes with, or you might result with adverse effects from overuse or sensitivity.

I recently purchased the 50% Glycolic for maybe once a month a application. Love so far, and hopefully my skin will be perfect or at least pretty again within a week or two. These mini peels are very inexpensive and more effective than one strong one from the Spa or Dr. office, that wrecks your skin for weeks. No Down Time here.

Note: Beware of using a Cleaner w/ added sulfates or Salicylic Acid in it. I read this recommendation somewhere, and found out the hard way that it's right. Ellen Lange Cleanser & PCA Pigment Bar do not cause irritation when using this product.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No