October 26, 2014 | 1581 users online

Moisturizers - Weleda - Wild Rose Night Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by ThePinkReview

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A beautiful rose cream which hydrates my sensitive skin. Lovely smell of roses and a little goes a long way. Would recommend to anyone with, dry, combination or sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I like the texture and scent of this cream. It is creamy and blends easily into the skin. It provides a lot of moisture without feeling heavy. This cream can get a little bit oily during the day, but I use this mostly at night all over the face to combat dry patches. I think this compares to the Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day Cream. I will continue to purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by gatocarrapato

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just tried 2 samples of it, but I felt allergie. I got a little the feeling of burning on my skin.
And it's oily and smells strange.
No, I didn't like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by MargaretArt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Despite the fact that I live in Hong Kong, which is known for its humidity and warm weather, my skin is dry and sensitive. If, however, I use the wrong product (with irritants or too thick / too heavy), my skin acts up and painful swollen big zits would appear along my chin, temples and nose. The humungous level of work stress and constantly working in air-conditioned rooms do not help in keeping my skin supple and soft.

This night cream works for me - as day cream.
Pros: it gets absorbed quickly but you don't need a lot (a chickpea size is what I use each time), it has a nice rose smell, you can control the potion easily with the tube packaging and it is reasonably priced.
Cons: it is not exactly moisturizing enough for me - to use it as a night cream, I would need to supplement it with some other thick face cream or therapeutic grade essential oil. As a day cream, however, it works wonder. I can even apply it under makeup!

All in all, it's a good product which I am happy to buy again. Meanwhile, I would still be looking for something possibly heavier and alternate between them depending on the weather, my skin condition and hormonal level.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a 5ml sample of this with my Glossybox and have just started using it. First impressions aren't great - I'm not a huge fan of the rose scent and it's quite sticky. It sank in a bit better than expected after a few minutes, but it reminds me too much of Burt's Bees facial skincare range which I also don't really get on with. I'm a bit worried this will block my pores and break me out, but time will tell...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wild Rose Smoothing Night Cream - not sure if it's a different formulation

Pros
- hygienic packaging
- did not dry out skin
- cheap because I got it at Winner
- Organic

Cons
- smells terrible
- takes forever for it to be absorbed
- greasy as hell
- broke me out

I did not like this at all, it did nothing for my skin and it smells like ass and I think it was causing me to break out as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 4:46:00 AM More reviews by angelvixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although I've been using for a week, I cannot say fine lines have been eliminated as a result of the product use yet. But I will continue to monitor the progress.

What began as a quest to soften, soothe and calm my tight feeling, dry skin and the lines under my eyes, led me to examine every product in the skincare aisle at multiple health food stores while researching reviews on my smartphone.

Health food stores are great, yet sometime the prices of their skincare products are marked higher than retail price. What gives? Luckily, I found a CVS that randomly carried Weleda among other natural skincare lines like Burt's Bees and Alba. I was pleased at the $5.00 off discount as well. With the discount, I felt it was reasonably priced for being in such a small box.

The packaging is lovely and hot pink. The tube itself is the perfect size for travel. The scent of this night cream is a very calming rose scent and not too overpowering. On my face, it is very moisturizing and does not leave a sticky feeling to my skin. Because my face was so dry, the cream already was at work, absorbing into my face and leaving a cooling, soothing effect. It illuminated a dewy sheen and the lines under my eyes looked smoothed out.

So far so good. I am probably only going to use this when my skin freaks out into insane dryness as I have combination skin during the winter and more oily towards the spring and summer. I think this works best for normal to dry skin and during colder weather. If you're oily or acne prone, I'd definitely use sparingly or just apply the cream to the areas you need it. And all you need is a small amount. This cream is rich so a little goes a long way. Also if you plan on using this over any serums or anything with Retin-A or AHA's, be wary or avoid as much as possible. In my case, the Weleda night cream over the Sunday Riley Juno oil (which oddly has natural retinols in it) worked wonders. My face still looked incredibly glowy after 8 hours of sleep and the softness of my skin truly sold me on the effectiveness of this simple product.

Let's hope I feel the same way about this product in 4 weeks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was delighted to find this after reading the good reviews here on MUA. I used to use Weleda decades ago, when I was in high school and into anything "health foody". I was looking for a richer, more moisturizing night cream to use in winter, when my face gets quite dry and this seemed to fill the bill - not too pricey, no ridiculous promises and just a down-to-earth product. Unfortunately, I seem to react to something in this because every time I use it, I wake with one or 2 small pimples that disappear as the day wears on but they are definitely there in the morning. So, to use this up and not have it go to waste, I apply it on my throat and that seems to work fine, without any irritation but because of the red pimples it gives me on my cheeks, I won't repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot afford to spend any more than 20$ on lotions and creams. Unfortunately this leaves me very few options anti-aging product-wise. I found this gem @ target for $7.98. The box was damaged majorly, but the contents was mint. I am the dryest, eczema, psoriasis& ridiculously sensitive and hive prone girl. This is rich, thickens as you rub it in, smells a lot like burts bees serums, which i adore, but are not in my budget. I have used this morning and night for several days and the lines on my forehead have softened already, my skin is clear and glowy and I am thrilled with my purchase. YAY!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by aidenraine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just don't get what others do from this product, and find myself wondering if perhaps others went from lousy products to this one in order to get such great results. I just finished my second tube of this stuff in a row, and it didn't really do anything for my skin. My wrinkles are still where they were before, my skin texture didn't improve, and I found it slightly greasy (but not so much so that it'd have bothered me if it worked). I'm fond of Weleda for their long-term commitment to healthy skincare, but I don't seem to get the results others do from their products. I think I'm going to try to force myself to read this review when, inevitably, I am tempted to re-buy. Next!