Japonesque Mineral Face Brush

3.5

on 10/19/2014 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a decent brush for applying my mineral foundation. The bristles are fairly soft for a Kabuki-style brush, which makes it easy to work around the contours of my face. It takes a long time to dry after washing due to being very dense. And after many months of use, it still sheds a bit. While it works quite well, I'd like to have a somewhat softer brush and will continue to look for the perfect brush.

on 2/2/2013 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I found this brush to be not dense enough. I like my mineral foundation to be full coverage and this brush did not deliver on that. It splayed out way too much. I washed it before I used it and it rinsed purple...Overall the brush was fine, super light coverage but not what I was looking for. It went back.

on 1/22/2010 12:35:00 PM

Bought this about 8 weeks ago. Very soft & dense brush, not quite as good as a Mac - but works excellently and certainly costs less than a $50 Mac brush!

The nature of the brush applies mineral makeup with full coverage. If you want a more airbrushed, buildable coverage, use the Japonesque Kabuki instead.

The first few times I used it, it did shed several hairs, but almost all brushes do. Wash and condition very gently every 2 weeks to minimize shedding.

on 2/25/2009 11:12:00 PM

I'm so happy I found this brush, it was about time I replaced my BE all over face brush that I haven't really loved but I've used for all my mineral makeup. It was just kind of scratchy and not the best. Enter Japonesque, and I have found love. It's soooo soft! It is made for mineral makeup, either pressed or loose. it's a short handled brush that is very full, and it's flat on the top. Ideal for buffing in anything to the skin. It picks up the color so nicely too. Doesn't take too much or too little. The brush is soft and has some give, but also a bit of firmness so that there is control. It's a good size, probably an inch or a bit less in diameter when looking from the top, so that it can cover large areas but is also able to cover the sides of the nose, etc. It's super high quality and I'm sure it will last me a long time. Now I can finally throw out that nasty old BE one. :)

Popular Makeup Brushes