November 24, 2014 | 2078 users online

Lipstick - BeneFit Cosmetics - Silky Finish Lipstick - Skinny Dip

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with this lipstick during a demonstration in Boots and, having heard it was being discontinued, I searched all of my hometown to stock up on these beautiful lippies. I had never really been a big lipstick fan at all. I had a couple of Barry M ones which were nice enough and was content with my Vaseline. But Skinny Dip is a different story altogether.

It is described as a Silky Finish, which couldn't be more true. It is silky and moisturising, which is much better than those dry lipsticks you can buy! It is a natural but dusky pink shade, that isn't obvious but a nice subtle colour. I had been looking for a cross between nude and pink for an everyday uni look and Skinny Dip fits the bill to perfection.

I had read so many positive reviews for this lipstick and the real thing doesn't disappoint. In my horror at the news of it being discontinued I went to Boots and Debenhams and now I have four of them in my make up bag! At £14, I thought this was very good for a Benefit product, as their products tend to be classed as luxury items so I expected them to be a bit pricier. I would definitely repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On my pigmented lips this is a perfect colour. I dont like glosses that are see through or overly glossy (I know its a contradiction in terms) so tend to either use opaque glosses, or a lipstick with a gloss on top. With this I dont have to. Staying power is not good but Im used to it.

If you like MACs hug me this is along the same lines. A slightly more deeper version of this is Good to Go which I sometimes layer under this.

Ive already purchased backup.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by jennaalatalo

I love the color of this product on my NC30 skintone. It's not really a red, a pink, or a nude but kind of a combination of all. It brightens my face without being too harsh or overbearing.

The only thing I do not like about it is the fact that it's SO creamy that it rubs off too fast. I have to reapply it constantly and with it being so soft, the lipstick loses shape easily in the tube.

Would repurchase though, just because of the beautiful color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Avg_Jane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such a lovely, flattering color. It's a nude shade that's not muddy looking and would favor many different skin tones. It feels nice on. Yet, the lipstick's wear is very poor. Since the lipstick is so emollient, it lasts for a short time. Bummer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 6:54:00 AM More reviews by suzanneblacklaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the colur of this lippy its like a slightly nude pink with a hit of mauve/plum if that makes sense! The colour is just stunning and it looks perfect with my nc30 skin. It applies beautifully and has an amazing silky moisturising texture which feels amazing. This is my everyday lipstick my only problem isnt very long lasting and needs to be reapplied a few times in the day. Other than that I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Amazing MLBB lipcolor! Its the perfect mix between a brown, red and pink. Its unlike any other lipstick I have tried. I'll always repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by natenatalienate

I bought this product from sephora, where I tried on nearly all the lipsticks in the store looking for my "everyday wear" shade (a colour that was close to my natural skin tone). On terms of shade, this lipstick was perfect. A nice colour between pinky and neutral. 5/5 hands down for me. The packaging was nice and sleek, nothing too obscure or abstract. The cardboard box was poor quality though--but nobody cares about that except me...I like to keep my lipsticks in their cardboard boxes. The only downside was the staying power. I have to reapply every 1.5 hours or so...but the smooth, creamy texture is so nice upon application, so I'm not really complaining. And 23$ is a fair price, I guess. More expensive than the MACs I used to buy, but since my persnickety self could not find "the perfect shade", taking absolutely no mercy on the salesperson who must have given me a hundred swatches to try, I'm quite happy paying a little more for that perfect colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Blythe1976

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite lipsticks of all time. It's weightless and yet moist on the lips, and really shiny. Skinny Dip is a gorgeous, natural color on my fair skin tone. I tend to find Benefit very hit-or-miss, but the Silky Finish lipsticks are divine. They're not meant to last through meals or heavy make-out sessions, that's true. But when a lipstick feels this nice, re-applying feels more like self-pampering. It's almost like a gloss, really. I will say that the barely-there colors (like this one) seem more suited to the silky formula. The darker shades tend to smear and look messy quickly after applying. I suggest sticking to the lighter and more natural shades—some of the colors are also shimmery/glittery.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by TheMrsPacheco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My H/G daily lipstick - doesn't have a lot of staying power, but as long as I don't have a makeout session with my husband it lasts ok.
The color is really what I'm in love with.... It's similar to my own lip color but better and keeps my lips feeling super soft. I'll keep buying this as long as it stays around!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like that this is somewhat moisturizing and therefore doesn't settle into the lines in lips very easily, and has a slight shine. It has the consistency of warm butter. But I think the tradeoff here is terrible staying power - it's barely better than a gloss, and definitely can't last eating or drinking.

As to the color, Skinny Dip is a pinky nude. I find that it matches my skintone a little too closely, and like a previous reviewer commented it looks just like I'm wearing a gloss. I don't want to hit too hard for that though because it might be flattering on another skin tone, and it is a nude lipstick, after all.