December 18, 2014 | 1356 users online

Polishes - Nivea - Calcium power

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ale123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought Nivea Calcium power in Pure Crystal many years ago. Its a simple clear nail polish . It was maybe my first nail polish and simply one of my favourites so far . The texture is gorgeous and leaves a beautiful shine . It's a pity that Nivea does not distribute make up products and nail polishes in Greece anymore . I still use it , after so many years and although it's a little bit thicker now , i love using it ..i am actually wearing it now :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 7:43:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Just another drugstore nail polish. I've got these in Pure Crystal (transparent) and Amarettini (dark pearly colour). I bought it just cuz it said Calcium power (yea, even i have no idea how much calcium is absorbed thru the NAILS!) Oh well...It dries in a couple of minutes...streaks during application...guess that's what you get for that price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by pigeonette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

wow, I am really surprised by the negative reviews here, my experiences are quite the opposite. Maybe the quality varies from colour to colour. I love these polishes, I own 3 (all deep reds, pretty similar) and all are just amazing. I find the brush and packaging really handy and usually I have to apply only one layer and it covers nice and evenly (and I am not the least professional). The colours are rich and deep, and have a nice sheen; nothing too harsh, just pretty, subtle shine. They do start chipping after 5 days or so, but that means they're pretty long-lasting, right? Sometimes I use other brands and colours, but nivea remains my reliable old best polish-friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Hikari

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought a red and a purple. The red is perfect for me. It stays on for a week and it looks gorgeous. The purple is beautiful as well, but for some reason it chips faster than the red one. But I'll buy the red again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by t2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love them. I like my colors soft and I use 26 candy floss ( I use one coat, without base or top coat). It stands for 3-4 days max a week.

If I am in the ,mood for dering I use 28 showgirl (coral color) one coat is fine for me. It polish smoth and easy, not like sally hanson ( I hate it). the nail colors are thick and not watery so its fine by me. The nails are not becoming yellow when I remove it with a nail polish remover (without acetone)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by shigawire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Once upon a time, I owned a hot pink varnish from Chanel. It got lost when I moved house and I've been sad for two weeks ever since. Nivea is the perfect, inexpensive solution. Two coats are mandatory for a good cover - and on second thought, I added a Dior clear top coat to hurry up the drying - and even so it's not on par with the Chanel. Pigments are light and the varnish is quite runny. Not entirely thrilled since it's useless in all future nail art endeavors.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2009 4:01:00 AM More reviews by tiina009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i have been wearing this for a week now. and i love it.
i have berry gloss,i love the colour. and yes it does dry sooooooooo long but not if you use a top coat.
i use base coat, two coats of berry gloss and top coat.its got a really good staying power and the gloss is amazing. love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by medvssa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have 97 Berry Gloss.
The colour is beautiful (purple) and the polish very shiny, but it is too sheer (I need 4 layers...) and having into account that it takes way too long to dry (and this while the bottle is still new), this is just a pain to use. The sheerness gives a nice depth to the colour, but it is not worth the time it takes to apply.
I will definitely not buy any other nail polish in this line. Very overpriced for the poor quality product.