August 2, 2014 | 1616 users online

Lip Treatments - New York Color - Lip Sliders Tinted Lip Balm ] ] [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by anaelleee

huh? I didnt know this product was discontinued...! well, anyway, let me just start by mentioning this isnt a lipbalm...its a cream-type lipgloss, really, as it doesnt moisturize but adds some shine. The colours pay-off of this was good,and there wasnt any gross tastes, although it was a bit sticky for me...but hey, it was like $3!

However, I do have objections with this, as the packaging was a bit messy for me, and I realized the ingredients were terrible for this product. It contained many harmful products, and although I use some cosmetics with harmful ingredients like talc and mica and parabens, I try to buy products with less harmful products as usual, so when I discovered the bad ingredients in this, I threw it out without hesitation, as the price was cheap and the product itself wasnt anything out of the ordinary.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, I'd like to call attention to the fantastic ingredients in this gloss. There's so many great things packed into it, including;
    - Castor seed oil
    - Jojoba seed oil
    - Olive fruit oil
    - Cocoa butter
    - Shea butter
    - Mango seed butter
    - Murumuru seed butter
    The gloss is packaged in a greyish-lavender tin with a sliding top, as the name suggests. The specific color I'm reviewing is 510A, Sugar Kiss. In the tin, the color appears to be a bright peachy coral color, which I expected to be quite sheer. In actuality, this is a milky baby pink gloss that is decently pigmented for such a light color. The texture of the product is more like a lip butter than a lip gloss, very creamy. It smells and tastes faintly sweet, like cotton candy. You can definitely feel when you have this gloss on - it's sticky, slightly tacky, and you can feel it coating your lips. But I never feel like it's smothering my lips. The finish is high-gloss and shiny. The gloss doesn't last long - about an hour tops - so expect to reapply it often. But with such great ingredients, and for only one to two dollars, there's no reason not to pick one of these up. It's so pampering and moisturizing, and I definitely plan on purchasing more in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by EllieVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I purchased this while browsing in CVS. I walked by the N.Y.C Make-up section, because that brand of make-up is super affordable and I was not looking for anything in particular!

So I saw the Lip Sliders Tinted Lip Balms and I was like let me try one since they were $2USD.

I picked up the Sugar Kiss N.y.c. Lip Sliders Tinted Lip Balms and I applied it to my lips.

The Verdict: It is a HIGH shine lip balm, with little pigment, very moisturizing, and they smell really delicious. I don't like the fact, I have to dig my finger in there to apply it to my lips, but I just purchased a mini lip brush to do the work for me.

I am not a fan of shine or frosty lip balms, glosses, lipsticks, etc.. However I do like this because it is really compact and it gives a slight pigment color that is really pretty.

Overall, I recommend this product, and I recommend buying a lip brush to use with it and hey it is cheap, so why not try it?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by mrswest1031

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have this in Sugar Coated and Sugar Baby. I actually have 2 of the Sugar Coated so that I don't run out too fast. I love the light natural flush I get from Sugar Coated, esp when I use it over a nude lipstick. Sugar Baby is a nice, sheer watery red for days when my whole look is neutral and I want just a slight POP of color to my look. I found them at my local dollar tree for $1. For the price, they are amazing lil products! I love them! Sugar Coated is def. a HG item for me when it comes to neutral/nude lip looks!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by 777designz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I found these on clearance at CVS so I believe they are now discontinued. I bought 3 colors - Sugar Baby (reddish jelly), Sugar Angel (peachy orange creme), and Sugar Fairy (light pink creme with barely visible pink shimmer).

Sugar Baby adds a nice light cherry tint to my lips, similar to cherry chapstick. I was scared Sugar Angel might look really odd since it looks pretty bright orange, but on my lips it gives a nice warm almost peach color. It's very light and if you apply only one coat it's barely noticeable. Sugar Fairy was the only disappointment. Unlike the other 2 colors which are quite pigmented if you apply enough, Sugar Fairy has no color on my lips. The pretty pink shimmer disappears too.

I like the formula on these. They have a thick, sticky texture that doesn't melt away too soon and feels smooth and moisturizing on my lips. The ingredients are mostly natural oils, so it really does make your lips softer. The only negative I could find is packaging. I really hate to use my fingers to apply the product. When I'm out and my hands aren't clean I can't reapply it unless I want to contaminate the whole package. Not to mention it leaves my finger all sticky.

These are really perfect for summer to give a nice light hint of color to your lips, or with a sweep of lipstick over them to make a lighter, lip balm version of your favorite lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by jdsmom247

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Sugar Baby while 75% off at CVS, I wasn't expecting much from it at all other than an ok lip balm, the packaging was cute & it barely cost'd me a dollar. Once I applied it which didn't take much product (just a little dab) I fell in love with it. The smell is so sweet, it's not overly sticky like some lip balms out there & it gives my lips a little glossy tint. What I like most is that it makes my lips feel a little flushed & look a bit plumped...you can actually feel it happening.
    I went back a week later to get the other colors just to find out they were all sold out & discontinued for that CVS =( which is a bummer since this lip balms are great especially at such an affordable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by mayascara

After hearing many good reviews about this, I have to say I'm slightly disappointed. This tinted lip balm smells nice (sweet and vanilla-y) and actually shows up as a color, but the texture wasn't really moisturizing. When wearing it my lips actually felt "stretched" if that makes sense. I did get the two lightest colors but since these are getting discontinued (at least at CVS), I will not be repurchasing or trying the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by nsprdmua

These are actually the best and the perfect dupe for the discontinued L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balms. I think it can be a seriously under rating product but I would buy this over and over and over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by sam2210

Love love love this product! I use it so much, Im on my 5 tin!
    It doesnt stay too long so you need to re apply often, but its smells and looks great. Give a great glossy look without the hassel of a lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by lolitadee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have this in sugar coated and its the perfect compliment to my Rimmel Pink Blush and my MAC Snob. its affordable and easy to use although you have to clean your hands after using it b/c it goes on thick. overall love it. love the price the range of colors everything!