November 23, 2014 | 2180 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Butterfly Kisses

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by megathon

I'm surprised at how much I like this color! I rarely wear anything other than neutral looks, so I expected that I wouldn't like this. I applied it wet over a base (I always wear mineral eyeshadows wet), and it gives a subtle, sheer wash of slightly shimmery yellowish gold color. I find it to be very wearable and it really complements my tan skin in the summertime.
While it is pretty, like all Everyday Minerals eyeshadows that I tried, it isn't particularly long-lasting--it stays looking as it did when first applied for about 2-3 hours (a bit of color was visible on my lids ten hours later, though).
Overall, I'd recommend this eyeshadow to people who are looking for a subtle, wearable yellow/gold color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by kzgraham07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this shimmery warm yellow color, it is a very HAPPY color :) It is great for when you want a natural golden color but not a BOLD or overly sparkly golden color. I got it in the sample size. A little goes a LONG way with EDM products. The only con is, for me personally, I'm more into smokey and darker/bolder looks on my eyes and haven't found a way to use it with my go-to looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by immevu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it's very sheen in that it's not a in your face yellow. but that's a good thing about it. if you like wearing yellows but still want to look natural this is for you. If you want a bright, bold color then it's not. And it has some shimmer too. I like it but not too many people can pull off yellow including me. So yeah it's cool.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 6:35:00 AM More reviews by kriz77

love this! :) great for the spring look.. it is a yellow-golden colour with just the right amount of sparkle that it isn't too loud. I was initially afraid that it'll make me look shallow, however, i am surprised that it brightens up my eye area, glad that i got this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by japinaycutie

This is one of my favorite Spring shades...and most likely will carry on over to Summer! For reference, I'm perfect/light neutral shades in EDM but I fall victim to everything turning orange/yellow/dark on me so I'm really more of a warm toned Asian chick. Butterfly Kisses is a light golden yellow and while it looks very shimmery in the jar, it's not so noticible on. Since colors turn on me, its more of a goldenrod yellow shade on my lids (I use the finger pat technique). It looks great on my inner corners, with the outer half so far I've been changing it up with pink/peach/bronze e/s shades (and some eyesafe blushes that look like crap on me lol) Overall it gives a great warm look without being to over the top.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 2:36:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This sparkling yellow e/s is part of the spring 2009 collection from EM. Yellow eyeshadow is tricky and I wanted one that was fairly pigmented but wouldn't make me look jaundiced - Butterfly Kisses is just that. It is pretty sparkly, but not the most shimmery shadow I've tried from EM. The color is a gorgeous daffodil yellow (a cooler yellow, if that makes sense). It does crease slightly after long wear, but not too badly. May repurchase.