August 1, 2014 | 910 users online

Self Tanners - Physicians Formula - Bronze Booster™ Self-Tanning Bronzing Veil

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by ShailahJade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not a fan of this product either. I love PF makeup, so I was willing to give this a try. I thought the brush was ridiculous, so after the 8,000 clicks, I finally just put the stuff on my fingers and applied it that way. I had no idea it was so shimmery either! I like shimmer at night, but not during the day...especially when it's a stand out color like gold. I was hoping I'd have at least some color when I washed off the gold the next day but I didn't. I was back to my pale self. I will not be buying this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by vlclark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not a fan of this product. I definitely agree with the other reviewers that this stuff is WAY too glittery, especially for day time, and there is absolutely NO indication of it's glitteryness on the packaging. I also hate the stupid tiny little brush. That is the most inefficient way to apply self-tanner imaginable. And it takes about a million clicks to get stuff to come out the first time. But, the worst part is that it didn't do anything at all for me. I tried it full-strength over night and I tried mixing it with some moisturizer and/or makeup to dilute it for daytime and saw no indication that it worked either way. Maybe I need to get the medium-dark formula (although I am certainly not dark complected), but I'm not going to risk throwing away another $15 on this product. Not to mention it was ridiculously overpriced for a totally worthless product. Boo for this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is so so. I like a natural look when it comes to makeup and lots of glitter does not equal natural. When I first applied this, I first tested it on my chest because I figured if it turned me orange, at least it's not my face and I can just wear a turtleneck until it fades. After application, my chest had noticeable glitter! I wasn't aware that this would have shimmer in it because it didn't state it anywhere on the package so it caught me off guard. Maybe I'm not used to the shimmery look in some cosmetics because I always go for no shimmer but this was a bit much, especially for day time. I admit I would wear it for a night out, a little on my shoulders, chest and a dab on my cheeks but for day time is a bit much. I did however figure out that if I combine a dab of this with moisturizer, it lessens some of the shimmer effect and is more wearable. I would never put this straight on my face without something to dilute it like a moisturizer because otherwise my face would look like a disco ball! Thank god I bought this for half off though, I would never buy this at full price, $15 but if it stays on sale, I might pick up another one after I'm done just for nights out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a brush-based self tanner that is dispensed through the brush when you click the bottom of the container. I docked it a lippie because the brush is rather narrow and can streak a bit, so I had to rub it in with my fingertips after applying with the brush. I only applied to the areas of the face that would naturally glow when I get sun - tops of the cheeks and forehead.

On the plus side, there really was no discernable smell. The finish is slightly shimmery, akin to what you'd see with a Nars blush but not as "gilded" as you'd see with MAC products. Mine didn't appear glittery as the shimmer was very fine and not very noticeable from a few feet away. I literally can't see it in the mirror unless I get right up on the glass. Very much like the finish you see on the outside of the package. Might look more natural on younger skins due to the finish.

I applied it at night and went to sleep. Woke up with a really believable tan glow on my cheeks and forehead. (I used the Fair to Light). Not orange on me (I'm a neutral NW15 with pink and gold undertones). I was actually surprised at how rested and tan I looked when I woke up. I was expecting my normal deathly morning pallor in the mirror and instead had a nice healthy glow. lol

Didn't leave me greasy, and didn't cause any blocked pores or breakouts. Really nice result. I have so many other self tanners, but this one I could see wearing more often due to the lack of odor and natural, even results. Wish it were cheaper for being a drugstore product. I paid $18.99 on the promise of getting a full rebate on the Physician's Formula website.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by ilynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG, this stuff is horrible! I bought it because of the "try it free" promotion, but I'm taking it BACK! I can't tell you if it gives a believable color or orange or whether it streaks because I washed it off after 5 minutes. If you like having giant copper glitter all over your face, you will love this stuff. It's Mardi Gras time, and this stuff is so glittery I don't even want to sit alone in my own living room with it on my face. It is not NOT glowy. Glitter, glitter, glitter, giant copper glitter. And it took about 75 clicks, not 15-20, to get that circus face paint to appear on the brush. I usually love PF products, but this absolutely blows.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No