July 28, 2014 | 1905 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Sensual Silk #2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Jada0288

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unfortunately I did not love this lipstick, like most do:/
There are many points I did not like about it too much, starting with the colors. I bought several shades at once, since I LOVED how they looked on various different swatches and they are widely raved about. I needed to stock up on lipsticks and gave it a go.
Well... I think.. Part of the issue might be that my skin is not warm-toned, while most people do have warm-tones skin.
It makes it a bit hard to anticipate how it will look on me and my guess is that this lipstick line was not designed for a cool skin tone, as the only shade I absolutely LOVED, was fetish pink. Which, ironically, got the worst reviews on here out of all the shades I think!
Moving on, I love mango, but did not enjoy the mangoish smell of this lipstick.
The packaging is what had held me back for years from buying it, as au contrair to what most people say, I find it very tacky and cheap looking "blush"
I find everything that is golden in color (especially if it's metallic) but is not actual gold, to be very tacky for some reason. It's just my instant perception, no hate here:) The ysl ring moves a tad bit as well:/
In addition I don't like the way I have to twist the tube to bring out the lipstick. You have to hold it all the way at the top, as the very end is the only part that twists. I always feel like I'm going to grab into the actual lipstick! I have to look at it and focus while twisting, while with other brands it's just a standby motion I'm used to.
I don't like how it is so creamy, that I only twist a tiny bit out so it doesn't get squashed too much while applying and end up with lipstick smeared around the tube's neck, which I have to clean every time.
Lastly, I don't appreciate how this lipstick feels and looks. It is so creamy, that it slides easily and feels "insecure" on my lips. Like it will smear, come off, not last etc. It surprisingly brings out the dry patches and accentuates wrinkles on my lips as well!

I'm soooooo sorry guys that this review is so negative lol. I did not mean to hate it this much, I know it looks amazing on others and many love it.
This was just how I happened to perceive it. A shame considering I bought so many and REALLY hope I'll be able to swap them as it breaks my heart returning lippies knowing they'll be tossed!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by MissMatchedSocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfection ! Painful price tag, my go to lipstick for important events.0, if I had to live with only one lipstick it would be this one

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by charmedbella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was led by the beautiful packaging of this gorgeous lipstick! However, shade #2 washes me out completely. I can't pull off the color at all, I look dead. I'm probably an NC15 or NC20 and it just doesn't work with my dark hair and eyes.

That being said, I would purchase this in other colors! The lipstick itself is creamy and non-drying.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went to Sephora looking for my first nude colored lipstick and the employee referred me to this one. I wasn't worried about the price because I knew YSL wouldn't disappoint me.
First of all, the color looks great on my medium fair skin. It's not too dark nor too light. It smells great. The packaging is beautiful and elegant, I can see why the lipstick itself is so expensive. Another thing I loved about it is how creamy it is. You don't need to apply any gloss over it. BUT there is one downside to it, I thought it was a little too creamy. I wanted to love this lipstick. I really did. I take good care of all my lipsticks. I never put them in my purse or leave them in my car. I've only had this lipstick for a month and I always leave it in my cool temp room and somehow it still melted and smudged all over the cap. It's way too messy in my opinion. That's why I gave this product 4 lippys :/

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by jenifa305

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is absolutely gorgeous. A complete beige color with the slightest hint of pink. This lipstick is perfect for a romantic date. Very candlelight dinner. But the best part ladies is that I have found a dupe Two faced Naked Dolly is a 90% accurate dupe for ysl sensual silk #2. The dupe is 20$ but hey lol !! Good luck

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by misscuba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It hurts to say it, but I regret this purchase, and admit I was totally blinded by the gorgeous gold monogrammed packaging of this lipstick. Sensual Silk is a lovely colour (a dusky pink nude) however the lasting power is literally 5 minutes due to the really strange consistency. I'm going to say it is 'slick'; at first it feels very liquid and slippery, and the colour sits on top of the lips like a film, only to leave the lips quite dry at the end of that application's 5 minute lifespan. No.

I wanted to love it, but I really don't. At $52 Australian, not recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I must be crazy to be spending $34 on a lipstick but this shade just has me smitten. I'm NC20ish with blonde hair and blue eyes, my lips are quite pigmented as well. Usually I can't pull off a "nude" color because it washes me out or doesn't look good based on how pigmented my lips are. Sensual Silk is a very pretty nude/beige/dusty pink color that works very well for me. Some complaints are that it doesn't stay on the lips long enough for the price paid, I would have preferred something a little more long wearing. Also it goes down a good bit with every usage so I feel like I'll run out quickly. The flavor is wonderful, a peachy light fruity taste that doesn't bother me at all. Of course the packaging is just gorgeous but lets be honest...does it realllyy need to be that flashy. I'd rather have a simple classic bullet and lower price bc I really feel like we are paying for the packaging and name on this one. All that being said I WOULD BUY THIS AGAIN IN A HEART-BEAT the color is just that good! Also to give it a little something, sometimes I apply my buxom lip cream in white russian over the top and the two are just gorgeous together! I highly recommend trying that combo if you can.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Lyshbabyx0

I love YSL lipsticks. The quality of the product is just incomparable. It's creamy, super pigmented, light weight, good coverage, and has a distinct fruity scent exclusive to the YSL line. The packaging is what grabs everyone's attention; it's a gold tube with the YSL logo, carefully displayed over a patch of color (the color of your lipstick). It also has a mirror on the top of the cap. Is it worth the $34.00 +tax? No. I'd say it's worth $28.00+ tax, like the Dior lipsticks. Does this stop me from buying? NO. Bottom line I love this lipstick and will continue to buy it.

THE COLOR: #2 Sensual Silk is a pinky nude. compared to #1 (they look almost identical until you swatch) it's less pink and more nude. It's a perfect color for everyday, at night, special occasions etc. I find I can use this color with simple eye makeup, and very dramatic eye makeup as well. This color is my favorite, and I believe it to be the best in the collection. I usually pair it with YSL #13 lip liner, and NARS Greek Holiday gloss

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The color seems like the perfect nude but never looked right on my slightly pigmented lips. I loved the tube look and lipstick smell. The texture seems moist but it glides on oddly. Also dried my lips. It accentuates lip lines like nothing I've ever experienced. Not outside lip lines, I'm talking about the lines on your actual lips. It also rubbed off very easily, which I could have dealt with if it didn't look so horrible on my lips. Usually I can work with a product with this many strong reviews but this was my biggest fails in 2010. IMO packaging and color are the only redeeming qualities this product has.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Merlinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

At first I had many of the complaints you'll see in other reviews - doesn't last long and even though it's super creamy my lips were cracked after wear...

However, I figured out how to make this lipstick work and actually make my lips smooth. The secret, I find, is when applying foundation to your skin in the morning add a little to your lips. After I use MAC's 187 brush on my entire face I take one last swipe or two over my lips to add a thin layer to my lips. After that I put on my YSL #2 and, voila! The lipstick stays smooth and lasts much longer. I do have to reapply later in the day, but that's a given with lipstick.

I've also tried other things like adding lip balm before and after application. It works a little bit better if applied before. This lipstick does wear off quickly even if you're not doing anything with your lips. It just seems to vanish, but the packaging, color, look and texture are fantastic. It's a bit of a high maintenance lipstick, but I would repurchase and love it now that I know how to work with it.