November 23, 2014 | 1928 users online

Powder - Ocean Mist

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by CantGetEnough

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

I have tried many, many mineral based foundations ranging from inexpensive, to moderate, to high end. I don't know what it is about this foundation but I always end up going back to it because it just provides the best coverage, results, and lasting effects. I bought it when OceanMist was still a very unknown company, originally their full sized foundation was $12.00 which was nice, but they have since raised their prices; still impressed with the cost though. It does not break my skin out which is an issue with most foundations. It glides onto the skin with a smooth texture and does not oxidize. I am so impressed with this foundation and I love that they are getting more popular! I definitely recommend this product for anyone looking for a fantastic MMU at a low cost!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Kallia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My favorite mineral foundation. I wear shell ans have been using this product for years. Every container I have purchased is finely milled and the color is always consistent, which is not always the case with indie brands. Coverage is buildable which is good for me as my face turns ruddy as the day progresses. Staying power is very nice as well. It can be sweated off, but for general wear, I am very satisfied. CS is responsive and they give nice samples.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by btxoxo123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this Mineral Foundation even though I was not able to find my perfect shade. If you have oily skin and want a perfectly porcelain matte finish then this brand might be for you. I like to mix one half Ocean Mist with one half Aromaleigh, the combination stays in place for aprox 8 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by MarifreakinA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with lilmama, i cant believe this stuff isnt more popular. It is a FANTASTIC MMU. It covers flawlessly and it is buildable as well. I had two options before picking OceanMist. It was between OM and Faire Organics, I tried both at the same time and liked both, however, fairie was way too heavy and broke me out a bit, while OM is very light and doesnt break me out at all. You really cant beat it for the price either, i think it is $12 with $3 shipping, I know Meow is a heck of a lot more than that. I even got my mom into and she LOVES it!!! She bought the MMU powder as well as the blushes. I really hope people who struggle to find a great MMU will stumble upon OceanMist because i really dont tthink it can be beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

Wow this shade is spot-on...I am NC 25 in winter and 30 in summer, and Shell is a perfect match for my summer (but not actually tanned) skin. Fawn is a great match when I am on the lighter side, closer to NC 25. The free samples are wonderful BUT the packaging (and I know I shouldn't complain since its free) is very messy. They send the little jars which is great, but they don't include sifters in the small size, like EDM does. SO there is powder all over the place, but I'm really loving these minerals. My only gripe is that you can't choose the type of finish you want.......I'm not a fan of matte (semi-matte is ok for summer) and this is definitely matte (but not cakey or chalky at all). Now they do have a luminous powder which I haven't tried, but it looks like it can be swept over the foundation to give a dewy look...interesting! Also, shipping to Canada is a little pricy and they don't seem to offer a discount to Canada like other companies do......I bought one blush and it ended up costing me about 18 bucks canadian, when the blush itself is only 8. (Yet I still bought it..lol). Overall I think this is my favorite colour match and texture in a mineral foundation...I was dead set on EDM before this, but now I think I will switch. Just need to use a highlighter with it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by rimbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the FREE sample kit.

This is wonderful (and for the price can't be beat). I had to mix two shades (Sunsilk was too pink, Lilia too yellow) to get my shade, but the foundation chart they had made it really easy to choose samples to try (the foundations are arranged by undertone - yellow, peach, neutral, pink and olive - in columns and by depth in rows).

The finish is also really nice. It goes on smoothly and feels like nothing. It also doesn't dry out my face even if I don't moisturise before. The colors also go on fairly true and do not change much throughout the day on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by lilmama51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe the word isn't out on this MMU yet. Three months ago I decided to go on a mineral search and I have tried dozens of lines (and it feels like hundreds of samples). I ordered a sample kit from OM and one of the colors was a dead-on match. Tried it on and the application and finish were marvelous: creamy, smooth, even. I didn't have to buff like mad. I thought, well, there must be a drawback--maybe the last isn't good. Nope--12 hours later it looked great. For ref I'm a PPP and Ingenue is my match. The finish is matte but in no way chalky.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No