Johnson & Johnson 1-day Acuvue

1.7

on 9/17/2012 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

BROKE EACH TIME DESPITE NEW PACKAGING AND KNOWING HOW TO USE-BROKEN IN EYE ONCE -AAAGH THE AGONY- NOW I WEAR GLASSES! EXPENSIVE EXPIRE BEFORE BOXED EXPIRY DATE- FEEL LIKE GLASS ON MY EYE IRRITATES ALL DAY- TERRIBLE PRODUCT SO OVERPRICED...

on 4/5/2009 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have used contact lenses for 15 yrs. I used monthly lense but when my eyes were drying out alot the optician recommend the 1-day Acuvue. These felt very uncomfortable after only wearing them for an hour. I thought my eyes would need to get used to them so continued to use. After a week my eyes got drier and after a fortnight even worse. My eyes were constantly bloodshot. When I went back to the optician he said that my eyes looked damaged and the protective front layer of my eye was damaged so i was more prone to infection and I would have to be very careful. I was getting married in a month. After about 3 weeks my eyes were back to normal and now i have been using the opticians own brand of daily lenses that are very comfortable without any problems. The best part is that they are so much cheaper than the Acuvues. This is my experience with this product. Everyone is different. My sister has been using the Acuvue for years without any problems.

on 2/23/2009 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

So I have been wearing contacts for 13 years, and every year I used the 2 week disposables, and they were not the suitable contacts for me all this time because they didnt let my eyes breath, and I noticed my eyes were getting drier and itchy over time. Then I switched doctors and my new doctor told me I had GCP, which is a irritated upper eyelid condition which will never go away. I was devasted, and hated my old doc for not telling me about GCP I wouldve been more careful. As a fashionista, I was doomed to going back to wearing glasses. Then my new doc told me about the 1 a day contacts, and I love them, its a new fresh pair everyday that keeps my GCP calm. I use contacts 2 or 3 days out of the week and continue to wear my glasses to give my eyes a break. So if you have tried contacts that are crappy and irriate the eyes, try switching to 1 a day contacts. The box runs around $35/box with a 30 day supply. I usually buy these online from contactlensking.com which are the cheapest I have seen anywear for $25.

EDIT: I have switched to Focus Dailies, they are much more comfortable and affordable (90pack runs for $40). I have stopped using this product.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools