November 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Eyeliner - Ulta - Kohl eyeliner in Halo White

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

This pencil is super soft and really glides well with no tugging. This is more of an icy white than a solid and looks good on the lower water line. You have to go over several times for the color to show but it wears nice. Anything I wear on my water line doesn't last long so I cant be too disappointed. I got this on sale for 1$ at ulta so im pretty happy with it as it was a fun experiment that im going to stick with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this eyeliner during a sale ($1) so I thought I was getting a pretty good deal for a waterline pencil. Please note: this does NOT work for the waterline. It doesn't stick. It gets caught on the base of the lower lashline and looks weird. However, I discovered that it is BEAUTIFUL when used on the inner corner eye area for highlighting. I just line the inner corner and smudge it out with my finger and it brightens up the whole area. So, if you buy this -- don't try to use it as a waterline pencil, but use it as a highlighter and smudge it out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I don't know if I got a dud but this is just junk. I didn't mind that it's a traditional pencil. I wanted the color 'cause I love lining my waterline with it. I just wanted something vibrant that'd last all day. Sadly this is not what I'm looking for. This pencil did not give off much pigmentation on the waterline. It was so bad that I couldn't even tell it was there to start with or if it was there at the end of the day! I thought that I could use it in the corner of my eyes instead to just use it up. Sadly that didn't work either. There was still barely any pigmentation to this and it just caked (both when I used very little and when NI tried to get it to show up). This was just a big waste of time and I wish I had never bought it. Sadly I can't return it as the Ulta associates near me treat the customers like thieves if they return their purchases.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by KandyKisses

I bought this earlier today while the sale was going on because I've been watching tuts on how to make eyes look brighter and bigger. Well, this is my first eyeliner other than black, and I adore it! It's shimmery but goes on so smoothly, yet can be wiped away easily. It didn't really make my eyes look bigger, but it complimented my face and made my blue eyes pop! I'll probably definitely pick up a few more in Halo, I already bought Black - awesome product. Ulta is great quality and they often sell their brand cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by BazookaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this on a whim during an Ulta sale and I love it. I had been using a white eyeshadow for the inner corners of my eyes and to highlight my lips (cupid's bow, corners, and middle of lower lip) but I got two of these (one for eyes, one for mouth) and have not regretted the decision at all.

As some of the other reviews have said, it's not a stark white - more of a creamy, golden color, and it is a bit sheer/shimmery. If you are looking for stark white, NYX eye crayon in Milk is probably more up your alley.

It doesn't go on the waterline very thickly but it does give a bit of highlight that will brighten your eyes. Until I can get my hands on the MAC Chromagraphics pencil in NC15/20 this will do.

As for packaging, it's pretty much your standard pencil-type product. You sharpen it when it gets too "dull" for your liking. I do love that it's set in a plastic type material instead of wood - it makes sharpening a lot easier, a lot lower chance of the product breaking off during sharpening, and there's less mess to clean up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Celestila

This is my HG highlighting pencil. Most people use a stark white for their inner corners, but I find this cream color to look more natural. It lasts all day if I set it with any cream eyeshadow. I tried it on my waterline, but it barely shows up as it is nearly the same color as my waterline. I can get it to show up the more I apply it. It is very creamy, so a little does get on the lashes. I've tried it on my cupid's bow, and it really makes my lips stand out. This is my favorite ULTA brand product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese.

I've been lining my reddish waterline w/ white-ish somethings for years, so I don't look like a drinker. :) I avoid powders b/c I am worried about the eye skin turning dry and crepey so pencils it is.

I've worn this for 3 years between 2 pencils... and well, it's not that impressive. Often enough, and maybe b/c of my Asian structured eyes, it's clumped by mid afternoon so I have to smooth it out w/ my fingers... and I also avoid carrying the line all the way to my outer edges as for sure it always clumps there.. so basically the liner moves on my oily waterline eye skin (is that possible? sad).

Moving on...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by iluvhawks10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this liner! It gives eyes a beautiful, healthy glow. I love the color - not a pure white, which I prefer because the pure white can look chalky. It has a gorgeous irridescent shimmer. It goes on smoothly and lasts a long time. The only reason I did not give it a 5 is because it takes a little more effort to apply than other liners - you have to really make sure to "fill in" empty space because it does not seem to cover well on the first try.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by nicole1484

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to say i'm pretty impressed by this pencil! I have a tough time getting eyeliner to stay on my waterline, especially in the summer but this stays on all day without any touch ups! I also like that it is not a pure white so it's more wearable for day. I was alittle afraid of the gold shimmer at first because i have a cool undertone but i think it's fine. If anything i think the gold helps bring out the green in my eyes a bit. Will repurchase when i run out! Thanks Ulta!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by miserlymom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I want to first bring up on my particular pencil, it isn't being called "Halo White"...rather, just "Halo." And the tube isn't a pure white, its a golden white, so I had a bit of a heads up when purchasing this that it wasn't going to be a stark white color. I actually like that, though. I have some whites and its nice to have something nearly white, but a tad different just to switch things up from time to time. On that note...Halo is a golden white color. From certain angles you can see the gold and others it appears white. I like that it brightens my eyes without being fake looking. That tad bit of gold in it really makes it less harsh when worn on the waterline. I am a contact lense wearer and do wear this on my waterline with no problems. It doesn't contain chunks of glitter in it..just a reflective sheen quality. Its a very nice, soft, creamy kohl eyeliner. I believe I am going to pick up 1 or 2 backups just so I don't run out and they will be available to me when I need them. Its not a HUGE sized pencil, but you get a fair amount. 1.2 grams/.04 oz. I find that it can only be built up in intensity a tiny bit. First coat and second coat don't really differ a whole lot...after that you're just wasting the product. I, personally, am okay with this because I enjoy the "natural kicked up a notch" look. Staying power isn't horrible either! It lasts what I would expect it to, being on the waterline. I don't use anything to set it either (ie: powders/eyeshadow). Will I repurchase? Absolutely! This is a nice little gem!