November 23, 2014 | 1765 users online

Cleansers - Lancome - Huile Douceur Remove All Deep Cleansing Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by oliviachann

To start, I have normal skin that isn't very acne prone. I do use makeup on a nearly daily basis and it involves a full face with brows and eyeliner and mascara. Generally I will use waterproof makeup from time to time but it depends.

I purchased this oil while I was waiting for my Shu Uemura POREfinist cleansing oil to arrive and wanted an oil to use in the meantime. I had been wanting to transition from micellar solutions to cleansing oils just to get a deep deep cleanse when I remove my makeup at night. I had used a cleansing oil from MAC before and have one from Biotherm which I haven't used up yet. I will do a review on the Shu Uemura oil when it arrives and the Biotherm cleansing oil when I get more use out of it. I can also do a MAC one if necessary since I have already finished this!

The pump mechanism is great, I like it but I also feel like the bottle needs to be picked up. Previously, the MAC one can be set on my sink counter and I could pump it from there. It's a very minor point but I thought I'd bring it up nonetheless.

I have to say, this product does not remove waterproof makeup like it claims. I can see that it works well at removing brow powders and eyeliner and eyeshadows however it doesn't do anything for waterproof foundations, waterproof mascaras etc. I have a hard time removing mascara with this product and I do need to go in with another cleansing wipe before using an actual cleanser. Rather than minimizing my steps, I feel like I've added more.

In the end, I will try by best to use and finish the bottle but I will not be repurchasing it. If you wear light makeup, you may be able to use it but for the price, you can get something that works better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by meggaroni

First off, I have very acne-prone, dehydrated skin and anything too heavy/greasy will immediately break me out. But this cleanser is AMAZING.

I first tried it at the end of last year, but I was in the middle of a horrific break out and stopped using everything I was using at the time to see what I was having a reaction to, and eventually I forgot about this cleansing oil. Then, as I was raiding my stash 2 months ago I rediscovered this and now I don't go a night without using it. I've been super busy lately, and when the time comes to take off my make up and get ready for bed.. I was feeling too lazy to use make-up remover wipes, then eye make-up remover, then cleanser, toner ect... so this cleansing oil made this tired girl very happy. 3 pumps onto dry skin, massage and work it onto the eyes and it just melts off all traces of even my waterproof make up (I use waterproof mascara and the make-up forever waterproof concealer). Occasionally if i'm wearing really heavy mascara, I do have to go back in to get the last bit off my eyelashes. It hasn't broken me out, it doesn't leave any kind of residue or film behind and the smell is light and pleasant, but disappears once it's rinsed off.

I haven't had any issues with the pump like some other users are saying, I actually really like the pump because it's so wide that it's really user friendly (I find with the thin pumps my fingers can kinda slip off or it's just annoying for cleanser use).

The price is my only downfall. I didn't actually pay for this bottle, got it for free as my gratis at work and i'm torn between buying this again or trying a new one. I did get a few cleansing oil samples from Sephora like the boscia one, and I haven't tried those yet. Maybe i'll give those a try and if they're not up to my standards I will bite the bullet and repurchase the Lancome. To be fair, this cleanser has lasted me a long, long time and I do only use it at night so maybe I won't feel too bad. ;)

Over all, I L-O-V-E, LOVE this cleanser and I would highly recommend it to anyone from acne-prone to dry-sensitive skin. Even if you've been sensitive to mineral oil in the past, I would still give this a try. I was sensitive to mineral oil and I have no problem with this cleanser. Also keep in mind- this will most likely not "cure" you're acne (duh), but it definitely won't irritate it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by kimk

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got this at the last Lancome GWP. Not overly impressed with it. First, like many others, the friggin' pump wouldn't work - I managed to get it to work after a LOT of cursing and banging it on the counter and such, but you shouldn't have to do that, especially not with something from a major company with a major price tag. Plus it's the same packaging as the micellar water and it works fine. Don't know what the problem is with the oil - it's not thick enough that it should cause any problem.
Second, it just doesn't work that well. I've used many other cleansing oils (DHC, Origins, MAC, Josie Maran) and all of those work better than this. This just doesn't seem to clean as well, AND it leaves behind a film (which is a tad moisturizing, but I'd rather it rinsed clean - I can see this being a problem for MANY people) and I can see traces of dirt/makeup on my cotton pad with toner after using this.
AND it leaves behind a rather strong scent! Even after it's rinsed, I can still smell it.

Nope, nope nope...Not buying this again. Will use it up, maybe put it in rotation for this fall/winter when I'm drier skinned, and use my DHC (soon as it gets here!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by powerhemi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was introduced to me by the Lancombe phone rep when I had called in @ another one of there cleansers, when I had mentioned to her that I had a Clarisonic Mia and would never be without it. She told me that this cleanser is heaven with the Clarisonic, and she was right. This is my first oil cleanser and I love it, cleans my combo/dehydrated skin beautifully without drying it out or leaving any film on my face, I just LOVE it!!!! Plus you only need 1 pump onto the brush head, so it makes the steep $40 a little easier to swallow. I use the bioderma H2O as a toner and then apply my vissionarre and Dior Hydra life gel cream sorbet........Perfecto!!!!!! UPDATE: this stuff sucks, after using it for a week I was so disappointed and will never purchase Lancombe again, that darn rep was full of herself and all @ the sale. 1st off the pump dispencer is garbage returned 3 before I got 1 to work, then after a week it left a film like baby oil or wax on my face, YUK and worst of all I had to throw out and replace my clarisonic brush head to the tune of $40.00, it was so coated with gunk that even after trying to wash it in the dishwasher it was all goopy and awful. Never again Lancombe. I am very happy with my Clarins 3 in 1 scrub cleanser for day and my Shishedo extra creaming Benifiance foaming cleanser for night.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by tdhx0

this is an amazing product! When used PROPERLY it works like magic. You can actually see the makeup being lifted from the skin once water is applied after applying the oil. It leaves my skin so so smooth. I can't say enough good things about it. The color of the oil isn't the prettiest and that's really the only con I can think of lol

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by beautyfirst1984

First let me start off by saying that I have oily skin with very minor acne concerns. I think I should say that first so you have a better frame of reference when considering this product for your beauty regime.

That being said, I love this cleanser. I stumbled across it while I was doing theatre and needed a cleanser that could remove the thick and heavy stage makeup. THis melted it away perfectly without leaving an oily feel afterward or breaking me out. It has a very light fragance that goes away almost as quickly as you rinse it off. It takes off eye makeup and mascara even the water proof kind, and leaves the skin clean and fresh. That being said, I always follow it with my Clinique skincare 3 step afterward so you might want to use a facial cleanser afterward as well if you are more acne prone.

I think the value for money is great as well. Since it saves me from having to buy an eye makeup remover and a facial makeup remover, I feel that I am saving more money. Besides 2 pumps of this takes off even Estee Lauder Double wear foundation which is the hardest to get off the skin (in my opinion)

I rate and recommand this highly!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product and initially loved it. Three pumps and all is washed away. Unfortunately, the pump broke and does not stay screwed on. Next thing you know, it tipped over and I lost 3/4 of my new bottle. The product oxidized and now the oil smells rancid. I will try to exchange this for another bottle at the store. Hopefully the Lancome SA can replace it with another bottle because this was an expensive dud! I will update with what happens.
Update: The SA replaced my bottle very reluctantly. Unfortunately, I am still not thrilled with this. The initial enchantment has worn off rather quickly because the scent is too strong and I have discovered that it contains mineral oil...It feels very chemically, and when I comare it to other better products I have in my aresenal, it makes me want to not have to bother suffer through using it and get an exchange for something else instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an oil to remove eye and face makeup. This is just too thick for me and it DOESN'T REMOVE WATERPROOF MASCARA.
I bought this months ago and thank God I'm almost done with it. The consistency is just too thick, and you have to work with it to get your makeup off, it doesnt remove waterproof mascara neither regular mascara properly. I ALWAYS have to go back and wash my lashes again and again with another product.
Don't recomend.

There are only 2 good things about this product: it doesnt sting my eyes even though i always manage to spill on my eyes. And it smells nice.

But the packaging is not good, it leakes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Freckledflower

This stuff is great for my extremely acne prone skin. It cleans really well and after 2 nights of using it in a row I can see my pores getting cleaner. I don't use it all the time, mainly because I'm lazy, but have been 2-3 times a week for months and its great. You can use another cleaner after if you feel its greasy but you don't have to. And no break outs either way. I mostly use this when my skin is acting up or I wore a lot of makeup that day. I really wish it wasn't so expensive in Canada. But for $40 its really worth it because it works and lasts a long time. 1-1/2 pumps will do your entire face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Jessabell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT::::::::::::::::I had given it a five rating but it started to actually dry out my skin a bit, not much but it shouldnt have so i stopped using it. Its still an amazing oil cleanser but ive just decided its not for me really. if you want to try an oil cleanser I would recommend this though as its reasonably priced for an oil cleanser and it is really effective.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

LOVE! i had used good old ponds cold cream since i was 15 and now 23 to take off my makeup every night and it really was amazing and effective, not to mention dirt cheap... however i felt it was getting too messy of a job at night and i like the idea of a cleansing oil.

I bought this 2 weeks ago because all other cleasning oils in ireland are either too hard to find and too expensive when you do, i like lancome, this was 23 euro and i dont find that price to be bad at all for me personally.

I pump two//three pumps of oil into my hand and massage all over my face and neck for about two or three minutes, then add a small amount of luke warm water to my hands and massge again for a minute and then rinse clean.

Its so effective, leaves skin feeling baby smooth, simple to use, smells devine, packaging is so practical and classic.

I love that like ponds, its main ingredient is mineral oil. Any old lady i know with fabulous skin has used a product that primarily composed of mineral oil. I have no beef with it at all. If you do then this is not for you.

EDIT: still using this and not even half way through yet, will definitly last 3 or more months at this rate which is great news. Still extremely effective and easy to use without any adverse effects. Im extremely impressed and love this!