April 17, 2014 | 1731 users online

Eyeliner - Prestige - Waterproof Eyeliner - Granite

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Andreangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

HG eyeliner for me. Bought this after seeing a rec on MUA 3-4 years ago and been using it ever since. This is the perfect dark grey and creates the perfect super fast, easy, and effortless smoky eye for me. On my fair medium skin tone, this looks better than brown or black. I used up probably 20+ such liners so far...lol... Regarding it getting hard after a while, I use it every day so I shapen it at minimum twice a month, so I haven't found this to be problem. If you lay this around though unused for while, especially in cold climate. Yes I noticed it can get hard.

QUALITY: This is my HG liner, not only for the color, but the staying power. I find it last longer than my old standby - Revlon colorstay. Keep in mind I have oily asian lids. I find the best way to set the liner and avoid smudging is to top my lashes, especially close to the lash base, with a coating of smudgeproof mascara. I use Ecco Bella one in black. Whatever ingredients are in the mascaras (probably kaolin clay), I find it keeps my eyeliners from running. Using eyeliners by itself, everything eventually smudge on me. An odd thing I noticed was that Prestige waterproof liners, longlastingness and quality differs by color. One color can last super long on me, while another one can smudge easily. This is odd but worthwhile to point out. Granite lasts.

WILL THIS COLOR WORK FOR YOU?: The true test for coloring is to ask yourself - do you look better in silver jewelry or gold? If silver, I bet this color would look great on you. If gold, then probably not and I wouldn't recommend it per reviews below. Try a bronze or warm brown.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by JordysBeautySpot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this liner, thinking that it was black but instead it is a deep grey. The lid shattered which i didn't mind but was kind of annoying. You have to continue sharpening this otherwise it forms a hard coat around it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not sure if the blue-grey color is perfect for me, but it's pretty and I do love the way it wore over the course of the day. It's a pencil you need to sharpen but I actually prefer it to the twist up kind. I never touch up my makeup, and I don't expect a pencil liner to be smudge free all day on my bottom waterline and this was no exception to the rule. However, it migrated much less than my Colorstay Revlon eyeliner which has gotten so many good reviews here. I use eye cream to make my undereye concealer go on more smoothly so this tends to make my eyeliner smudge in general. But this held up well! After 12 hours of classes including one in which I sweated and dinner with friends, no ridiculous raccoon eyes, just a slight pretty (some may even have mistaken it for an intentional) smoky look! In addition to using a light hand, I also smudged some MSFN with a small fluffy eyeshadow brush under the line and I think this might have helped prevent the migration from being bad. Overall, GREAT value for the price. And it was easy to find to boot at CVS. I WILL buy from Prestige Waterproof line again, but I think I will try a different color next! Go for it! Get it!
Edit: I don't reach for it much. I do not look good with cool toned liners, which this is. It's way more bluish than a neutral gray.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by nebulus

This is not the right color for me; I am Asian with olive skin and Granite has a blue-tone to it. The pigmentation didn't come through on my fair-medium skin, so it looked smudged and "racoonish." I imagine it would be better on people with a lighter/fairer skin tone. It didn't make a shimmery finish on my eyelids but when I did a swatch on my hand, I did saw tiny silvery sparkles. The texture was fine but not amazing. I was testing it out (the weather was cold) and it wasn't as smooth as my L'oreal HIP Chrome eyeliner and Ulta Kohl Eyeliner Pencil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am completely blown away by this pencil. I love Chanel's Crayon Khol in Graphite, so I have 3 (THREE) backups, just in case. A while ago I read posts from people who were raving about this Prestige Granite pencil & it sounded right up my alley so I picked one up. Holy cow - this smooth, creamy formula is absolutely as wonderful as Chanel's. The Prestige is a much deeper grey - much more of a true charcoal (Chanel's Graphite is cool, silvery grey) with a very cool tone & a beautiful sheen to it, just like Chanel's. Note - there are no sparkles - it has a uniform, reflective sheen that is not OTT at all. You can get a thin or thick line, depending on sharpness & application skills. It lasts all day, beautifully, with no smudging. I feel like a fool for investing so much $ in Chanel pencils, as I much prefer this Prestige pencil. Who knew?!?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by swimmergirl477

this is my HG liner! So creamy and smooth and really is waterproof. you cannot go wrong with this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Annietwinkletoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautifully smooth, creamy waterproof liner. It is highly pigmented and applies smoothly with no tugging. No matter the formula I always find I get some liner transfer to my lower lid as the day wears on, and this liner is no different. However the transfer is minimal. At the end of the day this comes off easily with cleanser alone (I use either philosophy's purity, mac cleansing oil, or kiss and makeup's cleanser).

Overall I'm very happy with this product and have bought it in several shades. I do have a couple of complaints, though. The 1st is that because the liner is so soft I run through these quickly due to frequent sharpening. My second complaint is specific to the colour granite. It's just a little too blue toned for me and I don't reach for it very often. I'd love it if prestige put out a more taupey gray in the same formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by curlyrose

I love this waterproof pencil eyeliner. It is suppose to be a close dupe for Mac's Wolf pearglide liner. This is a dark metallic blueish grey liner that is soft but not too soft, very easy to use and smudged proof. For $4.49 this is truly a gem. Can't wait till I try the other shades!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I don't usually wear gray eyeliner but since this was under two dollars at Walgreens I bought it. D/C the line there.
I love this color! Granite is a shiny medium gray with blue. The blue makes the difference for me and the color really is gorgeous! The shine is not too metallic or glittery. After a few months all the Prestige liners got rock hard on me. Which makes it hard to use. So big demotion of lippies.