Lancome Matte Finish Sheer Pressed Powder

3.9

on 9/29/2012 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great powder! I got it in the shade Translucent, which is just a very pale pink toned skin color- and its one of the only powders ive ever tried that didnt make me yellow! My only problem with this is that it did not keep me matte, but most things dont. I guess ill just have to live my life with blotting sheets in my pocket lol. The powder was good at improving the staying power of my foundation and concealer though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

such a good finishing powder. it really is matte like it says it is and really has that finishing look you'd always want to achieve. the price is pretty high but well worth it. the pan in really big and the packaging is slick. love this! its a must have for everyone and my die hard FAVORITE!

on 2/20/2010 4:23:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this powder but my skin still looks kind of oily but it doesnt break my out :) very expensive though :(

on 10/9/2009 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

this was my HG pressed powder. why did lancome discountinue this. i wore the light buff for winter and clair for the summer.

on 11/26/2008 3:06:00 AM

The last powder I had tried (Diorskin Pressed Powder) had been dropped and shattered, so this was an experimental purchase. I wanted a fairly sheer but slightly tinted mattifying powder to both dust on top of foundation, and to use on its own during good skin days/ particularly hot drippy weather. My skin is a neutral pale, very sensitive, and currently going through a phase of t-zone shininess, so I'm using a bit more make-up than usual to combat it.
I like this product. The powder is fine, light and silky, the shade I selected (01 Transparent) is quite sheer with a slight hint of colour, and does a nice job of prepping my foundation. The finish is soft but professional - matte but not mask-like. It does seem to substantially tackle the shininess factor, and isn't drying or flake-inducing.
I would have liked a teensy bit more tint, being used to the more obvious colour of the prior Dior powder (and before that MAC Studiofix), but it is nice for a more natural, transparent, less pancakey effect on top of foundation.
It does require systematic touch-ups throughout the day, but I haven't seen much in the way of caking, creasing or streaking, even on hotter/muggier days.
I prefer to use a brush rather than the sponge provided, which whilst useful for minor touch-ups (it's more substantially sized than a lot of the puny applicators that come with powders, as with the Dior I had been using), tends to absorb and waste too much product.
The packaging is otherwise quite nice. This is a good-sized product and I always like Lancome's tasteful black-gold motif. The mirror is also a reasonable size, enabling you to actually see what you're doing. It also seems like a sturdy compact that isn't bound to shatter any time soon.
I'd buy this again, but for days when I'm inclined to go sans foundation and just use a powder for a more minimal, dewy effect, I'd want something a little less transparent.

on 11/11/2008 8:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I don't know if it's that product - I have Lancome mat finish poudre compacte, 03 Sable. Very light colour, almost white... Matifying power - weak, too matte at first, but I have to blot my face after 2 hours. And chalky... Nice packaging - black with discreet lancome logo, but sponge/puff?!? Just a round piece of something spongey, cheap and dirty looking. But I see that's old version, they have new one with seperate container and better sponge/puff. Anyway - I doubt I'll buy it again (unless they've changed a formula too), I need something that'll keep my oil on bay for more than 2 hours...

on 8/13/2008 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The powder gave good coverage but it could get a little cakey if you used the sponge and really accentuated any patches of dry skin. I would reccommend investing in a good powder brush. It kept my skin matte for hours. It even smells good!

Firstly, i thought this was kinda expensive for a lancome powder, 23.50. My HG day foundation is lancome colour ID in 03, and i tend to get oily at around midday, especially on my nose. I was looking for a sheer, non ckaey natural looking powder to go over the foundation. As my fdtn is lancome i thought i would get a lancome powder. The SA said the shade in O3 Sable would be an exact match to my ID 03 fdtn. Plus she said it was everything i wanted- sheer, natural and would control the oilies. How wrong was she- about EVERYTHING. Firstly the shade she gave me, which is apparantly supposed to be 'a perfect match' for colour id 03 fdtn, was WHITE. My skin is beige toned and so is my fdtn, this powder was WHITE. and it was also obvious i had powder on- a lot of it, it looked cakey and not natural looking at all. this is going back. I am going to try shiseido's powder I have the luminizing one and it's wonderful.This is over priced for the fact its lancome and I think more suitable for older people.

on 7/28/2006 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I agree with the previous reviewer - I can't believe they discontinued this product. I also stocked up (from lancome.com) and have four backups - lol. I actually bought this when it first came out to replace the discontinued Maybelline True Illusion pressed powder I had used for years. Well, this was a lot more expensive, but I loved it. I don't wear foundation (always seems to clog pores, takes too long to apply, and I can never find a shade light enough for me), but this powder (I use light buff) provides excellent coverage, takes seconds to apply, doesn't cause breakouts, is easy to travel with, matches my skin perfectly, and even covers occassional blemishes. The reason why I only gave it four lippies though is because it doesn't seem to control oil very well, which is okay in the winter for me, but not in the summer. Still, a wonderful product that has served me well over the years. I am sad to see it go...

on 3/29/2006 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can't believe that they discountinued this product. I just spent weeks looking for my shade (Beige) everywhere -- from online to department stores. Finally, a very nice lady at the Lancome counter called around different stores across US and found a couple. I bought them all LOL. This is the best powder for oily skin. I use a makeup brush to apply it over my foundation, giving it a wonderful, natural, finish. I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out of stock on this one.