October 26, 2014 | 1380 users online

Fragrances - John Galliano EDP

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by annechais

Not a fan. It is so unversatile and feels inappropiate to where anywhere except maybe on a date or something like that (personally I wouldn't want to smell like this on a date). Longevity is average. Sillage is idk but I think it's aromatic like you can feel it in the atmosphere even more than you can smell it. I guess if you're and into unique gothic scents its pretty cool (but I do find it a bit gimmicky gothic tbh). It starts off citrusy and kind of sparkly and quickly ends up sweet and powdery. It's quite dark and romantic, trying to be victorian. I reckon it will match an arty girl. It's up to personal taste but I would not recommend this as a blind buy even though it's relatively inexpensive. It's not all that imo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ellizam

I can't believe I didn't review this fragrance earlier... Cocoracha has it exactly right: Messe de Minuit's frankincense minus the dank basement part. Plus, an opening of bergamot/peony/violet/rose, not mish-mashy as it sounds -- basically a rose/violet with citric and aromatic overtones. It deepens and a woody/dry incense note emerges. Over time, the floral loses the citric and high aromatic qualities, becomes more and more of a classic deep rose/violet/iris floral, and the frankincense note comes forward. There's also a delicious clean Egyptian musk note mediating the entire fragrance, start to finish, but it opens out more in the last stages.

Good lasting power, not overpowering sillage - but present.

Gorgeous. Utterly gorgeous. I love the over the top presentation, except the sprayer is kind of concealed in frou-frou and this is an easy one to spray into your eye.

The edt has some of the same sense of floralcy, but the frankincense is missing - basically, rose/iris with a touch of smoke and oakmoss.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by flyingcolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this fragrance! I know John Galliano isn't the most popular guy out there and unfortunately this seems to be discontinued, which makes me extremely sad. I recently bought another bottle on eBay and am trying to use it quite sparingly because I don't want it to run out :(

I find it very difficult to describe scents, but to me it has this unique musky, incensey, slightly floral smell. I was less than impressed when I first tried it in store but kept smelling it throughout the day and liked it more and more. It changes a lot as it dries down and becomes softer and less overpowering. It also wears for a long time. I've been complimented by several people on this scent. It's strange and unusual and I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by rosewitch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was attracted because of the packaging and the poster ^.^" so tried it out but didn't buy it... but when I came back home it just bug me... so I got it when I went shopping again... at first I couldn't stand the smell...I only sprayed once but I found the scent to be too strong and gave me headache T.T but I guess I get used to it after using it for a few days and came to like its powdery dry scent it reminds me of winter ( I don't know why ) I have zero knowledge with the fragrance note etc but I think it is really musky woody dry type it smell a lot like pure rubbing alcohol once you applied it but it changes to really nice scent as time goes by
I have love and hate relationship with the packaging.. I think it is kinda cool the color and design but I hate the fact that there is no cover. sometimes I can smell the fragrance in my room and I have no idea how to transfer into small perfume bottle
overall I like this perfume but my fav. of all time will be "coco chanel mademoiselle" because the scent is only for winter ( for me ) and once I stop using it and want to use it again it takes 1 or 2 days for me to get used to it again ( weird huh )

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by sapphire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After wearing CastelBajac for many years.. and to bad it is discontinued.. i had to find a new one. that is also start with a other fragance by spraying it..and it runs into a smooth warm powdery smell on my skin..

i did try this one out.. got a tester with me.. and i thougt after two day's Yes yes.. my first impresion was Blerk.. not nice.. after 30 minuts it did change in a hmm smell .. one hour later.. i thougt Ohhh Yes.. Warm Sensual. with a soft Powdery undertone.. so i boght a bottle and i can tel i love it..
i dont like the bottle.[ thats why i took one lippie off] to mutch kitch for me. but the Frangance its really mjummiie. it also of course depend how your skin is.. on my daughter its Yuk.. but on mine it is lovely... so am happy not everyone like this, otherwise we would smell all the same ;)

just test the fragance on your skin.. and let it settle in.. than you have the note's of the perfume and you can see if it fits you or not :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

well, HELOOO Mr. Galliano!!!

this is the recipe:

Messe de Minuit (frankincense)
+violet+iris+dusty rose+musk....

It starts with a very pleasant note, kinda herbal-citrusy angelica (reminds me of Lancaster's Aquasun)...then the frankincense, which is sooo calm and gentle..very pleasant and warm...then after half an hour- powdery rose+violets (Ombre Rose by Brosseau)...

and after hour or so- a fantastic powdery and crisp oriental frag which lingers on my skin and has something spicy yet creamy in it..plum jam!!and a pinch of vanilla...
wonderful intensity and great sillage
the verdict: I sooo want it,like , right away!!!!!!

Guerlain and frankincense lovers-do NOT miss this gem!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 4:39:00 AM More reviews by arianperfume

I love it !!! Roses, violet and iris. Yes, it is powdery but in a good, soft way. Very feminine and lasts long too. Also, I like the fact that it doesn't stay the same from start to base. It develops and lingers looooong in the night.....Unfortunately, the packaging is kind of cheap looking, the cap especially, if it wasn't in plastic the bottle would be really beautiful...
Very recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by upnadam

i only have a small sample vial of this at the moment but i do plan on buying it.
it took me a while to think if i liked it or not and i tried it on and it was gorgeous. its very strong wram and fruity and it lasts long. i am male i like it for my self it suits me and others seem to like it on me.
for a woman though i see it as a more mature scent for the older or very sophisticated woamn.
its a good scent for night time or special occasion.
EDIT : this scent is realy growing on me. its a warm smell so id recomend it as a winter fragrance and it lasts long so you dont realy need to re apply it.
the bottle is also soooooo nice!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by fruitsalad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I cannot stand this. It is the first fragrance to actually make me feel sick to my stomach, nauseous and as though I'm about to throw up. That was just from smelling it on a card too. To be fair, I did try it on my skin..just one spray. To me, it is not fruity at all. Mostly just aldehydic and powdery. The drydown is very very powdery. It also has that earthy kind of 'spiritual' scent throughout. Must be the patchouli and orris root. I have smelt this on others too and have found that while it did smell slightly better on them than on me, it is still not pleasant, to my nose anyway. I know quite a few who really like this.

The packaging, in my opinion is hideous. Actually, no I think the box is quite artistic. It's the actual bottle that I despise. The only word that comes to mind is 'tacky'.

This whole creation is 'very Galliano' and while I admire some of his work in fashion, this is definitely not my cup of tea. At least it is original and doesn't smell/look like anything else I've come across. For that, I applaud him.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love Galliano's work? Well, I would ... if he actually GOT to work on something new, instead of giving us the same old thing, over and over again, only clad in different corsets, or coming in different strengths (EDT, EDP, etc.). I mean, come on. How hard can it be for an alleged genius to produce something new, for a change? Ma Dame was JPG's last "effort" and I doubt he lost much sleep, or sweated himself to a prune, over it. Sorry, but I'm sick to death of seeing the same tired old thing, and expected to go "Wow!" just because it's labeled "special/limited edition," or because the container looks "different."

And don't even start me on Kenzo!

That's why I'm faithful to Serge Lutens. His creations may not always be a commercial success (they certainly are NOT for everyone), but at least he uses his imagination and tries to come up with something different every time.