July 28, 2014 | 1262 users online

Hair Treatments - John Frieda - Root Awakening Health Boosting Detangling Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Emilymckenziee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get the bad reviews on this product! This spray left my hair soft and shiny. I massaged it in so it could absorb the excess oil off of my scalp. This stuff is almost as good as All Soft by Redkin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Emberm

This is the worst detangling spray I've ever used. Not only has it disappointed me but also did a number on two of my friends that I tried it on. It leaves your hair tangly, rough and annoying. I love the smell.. I just wished it actually worked. Makes your hair feel like you only shampoo'd it without conditioning.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by starberry237

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a reference, i have straight long hair that is up to my waist with a lot of split ends b/c of my hair length. When i followed the instructions and used this in my hair i didn't notice any difference in my hair. I gave up on this product after using it for two weeks and all this did was my hair more oily. It didn't help out with much detangling either.However, one day i just decided to use it again as a heat protector b/c it says on the product that it is one too. So when my hair was 80% air dried, i used this on my roots and ends. The next morning, my ends weren't dry at all! Usually when i wake up, my hair is super dry at the ends even though i use a hair mask instead of conditioner and the weather really makes my hair dry. This is how i found it worked for me, might not work for everyone else i just got lucky
Price: $5.99-9.99 CAD at walmart or shoppers drug mart (varies on location and if theres a sale)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by elle26

I'm surprised by the number of positive reviews on this product. It really didn't do anything for my dry hair at all! I even used this in conjunction with the complementary Root Awakening Nourishing Moisturizing conditioner. This duo did nothing for me. I might as well have been spraying water onto my hair. At least that's practically free. Am very disappointed in this and would not recommend this to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Starjazzmine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Left a greasy coating. Left my hair dull looking. No root awakening or bodifying, in fact, this is extremely anti-bodifying. Smells good but I will never buy this again. I like the other products however (shampoo and conditioner).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very AWEFUL hair tratament becouse this made more hair fall out and so very frizzy.I think the alcohol which is 2nd in ingredient list is the guilty one for the very dry hair i got.
Very bad product!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by barcodegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I lightly misted this on damp hair, combed through, then styled like normal, all according to the directions. But it made my hair gross and greasy feeling. It didn't awaken my roots at all, it plastered them to my head.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by barberree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

much of my hair fell out in early 2009 due to me plunging into the Atkin's Diet before a trip to Hawaii in late 2008. the JFC Root Awakening line had just come to my attention, and i picked up a few of the products. i do not know if this helped my hair grow more quickly, because at the same time, i started using hair vitamins, as well, stopped blowdrying my hair, etc. etc. etc. (probably, it all helped at least a little). however, this didn't dry my hair out further, didn't make more hair fall out, and made my hair much fuller after application. i would purchase it again because it did make my hair *look* healthier, and certainly didn't make it worse. it has some great stuff for the scalp in it, too, like peppermint, one of its main ingredients. i used this at a time in my life where everything was making my hair worse; this was a breath of fresh air.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by LucytheFox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!!!!!! Omg i am currently wearing a weave and this product is perfect. The nozzle is great for getting in between the tracks and not only soothing your scalp but nourishing your hair underneath the weave. I picked it up for about seven dollars which is not at all expensive for what it does.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by michyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Kay well i got this on sale so I forgot how much it was, so I gave it a 3( the middle)

this product is actually pretty good! It's not my favorite scent cause I'm not a fan of the Monty kinda fragrances but mehh it's not so strong or anythng. I just went through ny hair and yes, there is still some tangles but it's such a noticable improvement since before I used this product it was so hard to comb through a section of hair! When I used this it was pretty easy to go through ny hair ! Now, it is not true when it says to use 3-5 pumps, I usually do about 6-7? I spray it all ver my hair, but leaving out my roots caus my hair gets oily fast, so I feel that it's unnecessary.

HOWEVER, I use this with another product called marc anthony diamond shine moisture gloss, so I guess combining he two products is awesome!

So, go get this!! :)