October 23, 2014 | 1715 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - Buxom gloss in Sugar

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by jasminetx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

PROS:
- Inexpensive
- Nice scent
- High shine

CONS
- A little sticky

I have this lip gloss in many shades and am addicted. Embarrassed to say I am extremely fussy about lip products as I find many colors look strange on me ( I am still looking for an everyday lipstock ) - but Buxom's glosses always work for me. I will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by lindsaymak10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let's be real. Buxom lipglosses are expensive. However, they do last forever and come in such a great variety of colors. Sugar has been my absolute favorite Buxom lip gloss shade for years. I've repurchased it probably 4 or 5 times now. It is slightly tacky as some have mentioned, but I quite like that in a gloss because it lasts longer. I own several MAC glosses, in their various formulas but find I prefer Buxom because they don't seem to settle in the lines of my lips and they're typically opaque. With MAC, I have to wear a lipstick underneath or put on several coats for complete opacity. For a reference, I use this quite frequently and have to repurchase every 6 months to a year. In my mind, that makes the gloss worth the price. I love the tingling sensation and I do find my lips look slightly plumped. The gloss isn't gritty despite having shimmer/glitter in it...I've found with NARS glosses, the glitter is extremely abrasive to the lips and the SCENT! Don't even get me started. They smell like burning plastic. Even some of the Revlon lipglosses with glitter are really abrasive, in my opinion. I get compliments every time I wear this shade and I find it layers well over mauve and nude lipsticks the best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

Very nice light plum color, sheer but buildable. Wonderful texture if used over lip balm, if you apply it to dry lips it can get sticky. Lovely minty/tingly sensation, very refreshing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite plumping gloss! It really does add fullness to my lips (they don't need much plumping, but its always nice!) the cooling sensation is so nice. It's extremely moisturizing, which is important, as my lips get dry and chap frequently. This particular color is perfect. It adds just a hint of sparkle without looking gloppy, frosty, or plasticky. The price is steep for my broke budget, but it lasts a long time, so it's worth it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by ixchopsticks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this lip gloss in a glambag. I tried it the first time I got it & I thought I was having an allergic reaction to it since my lips felt all tingly & stuff. My friend later told me that's what the lip gloss is supposed to do so then I applied it one day & I loved how my lips looked. It made my lips look nice & full & since I'm not crazy about bright colors or too dark colors, this one was perfect for me. I ended up going out to Sephora to buy a larger sized version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sugar,,,,,,,,oh honey, honey, you are my candy girl and you got me wantin' you!! I tried this as a BI sample and fell in love and had to go back and buy a full size product. Not something I regularly do. The color of this gloss is absolute perfection. Gives you that nudish pink plump lip look. Not too much, not too little, just right. I'm 48 and love this, it has a minty tingle, but nothing too irritating. The color lasts fairly well and the price is not the worst ($19). You get alot of product for your $$ too. Highly recommend this if you want a natural but not "too" natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by chloehops

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I got this at Sephora after I redeemed some of my VIB points, just because I have never tried Buxom before. I am so glad I did! The color is beautiful. I love the tingling effect, it's not a burn like most lip plumpers, but very cooling. It stayed on for hours and it made my lips plumper.It didn't have a bad taste either.It isn't super sticky, I mean, it is a gloss so of course its going to be a bit sticky....just don't wear it on a really windy day. I would say, it does it's job.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by daniele92

Love this gloss!! It plumps up your lips without the unbearable burning sensation that other plumpling glosses sometimes give, it just gives you a bit of a tingling sensation. It looks and feels great on and is very long lasting. The only downside is the price...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by 2kalanis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes this product is a bit on the pricey side, but I've spent a lot of $$ on MAC and have found a much better bang for my buck! First, the color is awesome. And let me tell you the color and the lip gloss itself lasts awhile! I don't have to worry about it fading or smudging off easy. Secondly, I love how it tingles and plumps up my lips and those lines on my lips literally disappear! And it tastes kinda sweet. Not medicinal or bitter. And the packaging may be on the big size but it's easier for me to find in my big bag full of ther stuff :)
So yes I will definitely stay with this and it has lasted for over 2 months now. Good product, good results, worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by PalmettoBlondie

This was my first Buxom lip gloss, and won't be the last!! Love the color - not too much, but enough to know I've applied something other than clear! Wasn't a huge fan of the tingle at first - but it's grown on me. Very neutral color - good for day wear!