L'Oreal Infallible Eyeliner in Black

3.7

on 1/15/2015 4:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Carbon Black (16 hr). It's definitely not infallible. The colour and pigmentation is good, as is the application.
The problem is that it smudges down and fades, which does not look good especially if you apply it on the lower eyelids. So it's not really practical for me to use if it's going to be a long day before I can reapply.
The smudge tip works good though.
If I could not find a better product I would buy again.

on 9/28/2014 4:06:00 PM

really like the packaging..i always like it when pencil eyeliners come with a built in sharpener..the smudge tip on the end is rubbery which is easy to clean but I find sort of useless as its texture is weird for an eye smudger.. im almost finished with this and don't think I will repurchase because of its staying power..workers great up unitl three-four hours of it..i ll start to have some eyeliner smudging on my eyelid crease.

on 9/17/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have been this eyeliner for a few years now. I have had styes in the past : ( and stopped wearing eyeliner and mascara for some time for that reason. However, I tried Loreal products again (the Voluminous mascara) and this eyeliner - I wear this eyeliner everyday and wear the mascara every few days with it. I have not had any issues. It does not smudge (unless you rub your eyes, of course, which is a no-no anyway). Throughout the day, it goes from a black line on your eyelid to the nice kind of smudge - the smoky-eye look. I love it. Loreal, please do not discontinue this product! Regarding the white tip that is supposed to be used for smudging - never used it after a couple of tries; ineffective? Idk. It may have just been a marketing ploy.

on 6/19/2014 11:01:00 AM

I have repurchased this 4-5 times. I've tried so many other eyeliners and I always come back to this one.

I mainly use this to tightline.
It doesn't print onto my undereye area. HOWEVER, my sister has kindly proved to me, with the same eyeliner, that it depends on what eyeshape you have. Well, for me, it doesn't print.

Definitely my HG eyeliner. I have it in black, and shimmering black. The shimmering black seems to add another dimension. It is a very subtle glitter. However, the shimmer may irritate sensitive eyes so I'd definitely just go with the staple and safe black.

It has a blender at the end of the liner, however, meh, doesn't work too well in my opinion.
Highly pigmented. Produces an extremely strong colour and stays on all day!

Definitely would repurchase (clearly).

You weren't put on this earth to please other people. Live your life and eliminate all of the stress.

on 5/19/2014 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I have tried many, many drugstore retractable eyeliners and I would say this is probably the best I've tried in terms of pigmentation, feel, and staying power. It is very long-lasting; however, it does smudge on the lower water line, but not even close to as badly as other similar eyeliners.

UPDATE: I'm increasing my rating for this. I work 12-hour shifts and started wearing this eyeliner to work everyday. The staying power is very impressive. It doesn't budge at all on my top lid. On my lower water line it smudges a little bit which I'm used to. I have worn this and also MAC Technakohl eyeliner to work and this eyeliner puts MAC to shame. It's also better than Estee Lauder's automatic eye pencil as well.

on 4/16/2014 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this after looking at how good the reviews were and it was on sale for a little over 7$ at target. I was looking for a liner particularly for my water line because I normally just use black eye shadow to line my top eye lid since I prefer the softer look plus I usually hate pencils because I had a bad experience with an eye liner pencil before but since this said it was a pencil that went on like liquid I decided to try it out. I love how smooth it went on. It's very dark and went so easily on my water line. I also went ahead and put it on my top lid but to me it's too harsh but I just like a softer look. It works great for the waterline though . As for the lasting effect I've only had it on for an hour so I'll come back later and review that part. So far though I would recommend this product. Loreal usually doesn't disappoint anyways.

on 1/17/2014 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Great eyeliner, micropoint pencil so you don't have to sharpen. Precision point.
Stays on great all day and comes off easily at night.
I couldn't find Black at Walmart so I opted for the Slade which is still dark and works for me.

on 12/10/2013 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Surprised by the negative reviews too! I'm always on the hunt for a smudge-proof, non-liquid black liner. The closest I've come is Merle Norman's cream liner (amazing product!), but it's hard for me to get in Canada. The black versions of Bobbi Brown, MAC, Revlon, Dior, Urban Decay, Estee Lauder all give me racoon eyes. Even the black version of my beloved Chanel liner does. The latest epic fail was Ardency Inn's Modster liner. This little gem never smudges. It doesn't need sharpening, it barely fades on me, doesn't budge when I nap and is waterproof. Amazing! It's inexpensive and easy to find. I took one lippy off for some fading on the waterline. So glad I found this! Merle Norman's is still by far the best and I'll repurchase when I can. But this one is pretty great!

I bought this product by accident thinking it was the other L'Oreal pencil eyeliner that I love. This product lasts for about 5 minutes before it is completely off my waterline, if you are looking for something long lasting this is definitely not it. The blending power for smokey eyes is alright and thats the only reason why I wont throw it in the garbage.

on 9/2/2013 12:06:00 AM

I use this eyeliner to tightline, and it's completely awesome. I have very watery eyes and every time i line the inner rim of my eyes, the liner will smudge or fade completely. This eyeliner doesn't do that. It doesn't smudge and lasts all day. Love it!!!
The packaging is just plain black. Very average. This is a retractable liner, so you don't have to sharpen it. However, if u do want a more defined and sharp line, pull off the smudger and you will have a sharpener to make the tip of you liner sharp. Very handy
Overall, a very very very good product for a good price. Stays on all day and doesn't smudge. I hate hate hate racoon eyes. Will definitely repurchase!