August 22, 2014 | 1206 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - 1" Professional Ceramic Straightener

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK. This straightener did nothing for my hair. Granted, I have thick, coarse hair with lots of body and volume, but, still, I was expecting more. My last straightener was the 2" gold tone Hot Tools and I was expecting this to work at least as well as that did. (After all, it's ceramic, it's newer and it cost $40 - not that much less that my Hot Tools did ten years ago.) With the Hot Tools, I couldn't straighten my hair unless I'd first blown it straight (my hair doesn't get stick straight even when you blow dry it straight) - a process that took an hour when my hair was long. This straightener did not even work when I blow dried my hair first! I wrangled with my hair (which is now chin length) for AN HOUR, running this through multiple times, doing only tiny sections of my hair and... no joy. Maybe if this was $20 and I had thin, more easily straightened hair this might work but at $40+ it's totally not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I will admit that this is my first straightener, but even I know it sucks. I knew I was buying one of the cheaper ones, but I still expected it to work reasonably. The plates don't even touch over most of their length, which makes it hard to work with thin sections of hair. It also snags really really badly. Straightening was ok I guess. I only had it on heat setting 10 (it goes 1 to 30), and it wouldn't straighten the ends, they remained slightly curled under from when I blowdried it with a round brush. A hotter setting may help, but I won't bother finding out. I will be returning this for a refund. Oh, and mine comes with a "bonus bag," which sounds great, until I tell you it's not a travel bag for the straightener, but just a plain cosmetics bag. Thanks for nothing, Conair.