November 21, 2014 | 1637 users online

Blush - Lancome - Blush Subtil in Aplum

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by ariellephan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample from lancome-usa.com and thought it would break me out since Lancome is not known for using natural ingredients and you know, all that hype. However, I have never broke out from it and it even has less comedogenic ingredients than Tarte clay blush - my all time favorite. Check this out ladies: cosdna.com

Pros: natural, subtle, blends well, lasts pretty decent amount of time
Cons: nothing really!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by martha610

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This came in a GWP and I've been using it every day for two weeks. I prefer it to my two other plums--Clinique's Plum Gorgeous and Smoldering Plum--because it's a little lighter and therefore brighter. It's also buildable, so I can't make a mistake. Aplum is a mauve with enough brown to be suitable for warm skintones. My only complaint is I find it hard to open the compact. I really have to dig my nails in and worry about my manicure. Whether this compact style is the same for the regular size or just for the GWP sample size, I don't know.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by bookwithoutwords

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this blush in Aplum for many years. When you find something that works, I guess it is safe to stick with it! I love the light and smooth look of this, particularly when worn over the pressed powder. It feels like you are not wearing any makeup at all. This is a great shade ofr everday wear. I suppose if you were going out at night, you can just brush on a few more strokes to add additional color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by KarenB927

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this blush in Aplum as part off GWP recently. It was a choice between this blush and an eyeshadow quad. Since i have more than enough eyeshadows (including 3 quad Lancome GWP) I chose the blush, since I only have 3 blushes from NARS that I use regularly. I love this blush. I think the color is absolutely perfect for me, it is so subtle it looks like a natural cheek color rather than looking like I'm wearing blush. I would definitely purchase this again when I run out of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

This is a beautiful plum-rose color. I have very dark brown hair and eyes and light skin. I think this blush is beautiful on fair skin. I used to wear very sheer light pinks, but I like this best when wearing darker lipsticks. It's light but buildable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

Finding a blush for me is very difficult for the following reasons:

- makes me look hot
- makes it look like I have rosacea or redness on my cheeks, which is really annoying when I spend time covering up any redness with foundation/powder
- doesn't last long enough
- must be glitter-free, otherwise I look sparkly, greasy, and my pores are emphasized

I don't have any of those issues with this cool toned mauve/plum/pink blush. The color payoff is good, and it is pretty long lasting. Very smooth and finely milled product, no glitter/shimmer whatsoever. Shows up true to color. After using this, I was able to realize a real difference between a quality blush, such as this one, and a cheaper one. No redness issues with this either - I find that a lot of blushes that are plum, pink, or peach are red-based, especially from MAC, so that when I apply them, my cheeks look red or like they are burning. Also, those were too sheer, so it added a sheer wash of red, but still didn't look like blush. Anyways, this is somewhat pricey, but it lasts a long time (over a year I'd say) so it's worth it for what you get. I have repurchased this about 4 times, and have recently tried out the shade 'Rose Fresque' and am liking that as well. Rose Fresque is lighter/brighter, not as cool toned, and more pink than Aplum. It is also glitter/sparkle free.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally a light plum color that doesnt darken up my face, this color actually brightens. I love that its not as bright as pinks and red as mauves. This is a true purple brown. What I love about this is that it is matte so no glitter on the face, and since its matte, it contours too! Not as long wearing as I thought but since this was a free gift I can make it work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Love this stuff! The last blush subtil I purchased caused breakouts (believe the shade was Cedre). I was concerned about this one, particularly because it has bismuth oxychloride in it. Surprisingly, no breakouts, just natural, long-lasting color. I have very pale yellow skin and dark hair- this shade is the perfect subtle purpley-pinky and its still there after a long work day. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this in a compact about a year ago, along with another lancome blush and a few eyeshadows. Until today I hadn't even touched this blush. It appears to be a dusty berry with a tiny hint of pink in the compact, while my go-to blush shades are always a shade of pink (my usual blushes are nars orgasm, mac fleur power, mac dainty, etc.). Anyways, today when I did my makeup I decided to try this blush and I have discovered that it's amazing! It does not look obviously mauve on my skin (NC20-ish), instead, it gives me that gorgeous natural looking flush, like I just went for a brisk walk in the snow. It accentuates my cheeks/cheekbones (depending on where it is applied) beautifully. I am so glad that I tried it out because I absolutely love it. Definately reccomended.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by tahiti33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have so many blushes, but this is the one I reach for everyday! It is a great nuetral color that will go with anything. I would highly recommend, I pair this with Macs cream blush in ladyblush and I love it.