Lancome Blush Subtil in Aplum

4.4

on 2/22/2015 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this. I got it and "Meil Glace" in a tiny duo. I know it's prob not the best, but I use it for eye-shadow as well. It never irritates my skin as so many other shadows and blushes do. It goes on smoothly with zero grit. The finish is very light and no sparkle (of course). I find it's a very sophisticated and subtle look which I use, maybe once a wk for the office / day. I adore Lancome anything and will def re-purchase. Altho, I've had this for about 3.5 years and still have a decent amount of product left. Pricey I know, but worth every cent!

on 2/17/2015 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Aplum is a soft, dusky plummy mauve without any shimmer. This is a subtle yet sophisticated shade that looks incredibly natural on my medium tan skin and especially lovely in the winter months. It's oil-free, long-wearing, and comes in beautiful black mirrored compact.

on 4/11/2013 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I got this as a sample from lancome-usa.com and thought it would break me out since Lancome is not known for using natural ingredients and you know, all that hype. However, I have never broke out from it and it even has less comedogenic ingredients than Tarte clay blush - my all time favorite. Check this out ladies: cosdna.com

Pros: natural, subtle, blends well, lasts pretty decent amount of time
Cons: nothing really!

on 10/5/2012 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This came in a GWP and I've been using it every day for two weeks. I prefer it to my two other plums--Clinique's Plum Gorgeous and Smoldering Plum--because it's a little lighter and therefore brighter. It's also buildable, so I can't make a mistake. Aplum is a mauve with enough brown to be suitable for warm skintones. My only complaint is I find it hard to open the compact. I really have to dig my nails in and worry about my manicure. Whether this compact style is the same for the regular size or just for the GWP sample size, I don't know.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this blush in Aplum for many years. When you find something that works, I guess it is safe to stick with it! I love the light and smooth look of this, particularly when worn over the pressed powder. It feels like you are not wearing any makeup at all. This is a great shade ofr everday wear. I suppose if you were going out at night, you can just brush on a few more strokes to add additional color.

on 9/22/2012 8:30:00 PM

I got this blush in Aplum as part off GWP recently. It was a choice between this blush and an eyeshadow quad. Since i have more than enough eyeshadows (including 3 quad Lancome GWP) I chose the blush, since I only have 3 blushes from NARS that I use regularly. I love this blush. I think the color is absolutely perfect for me, it is so subtle it looks like a natural cheek color rather than looking like I'm wearing blush. I would definitely purchase this again when I run out of it.

This is a beautiful plum-rose color. I have very dark brown hair and eyes and light skin. I think this blush is beautiful on fair skin. I used to wear very sheer light pinks, but I like this best when wearing darker lipsticks. It's light but buildable.

on 12/30/2011 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Finding a blush for me is very difficult for the following reasons:

- makes me look hot
- makes it look like I have rosacea or redness on my cheeks, which is really annoying when I spend time covering up any redness with foundation/powder
- doesn't last long enough
- must be glitter-free, otherwise I look sparkly, greasy, and my pores are emphasized

I don't have any of those issues with this cool toned mauve/plum/pink blush. The color payoff is good, and it is pretty long lasting. Very smooth and finely milled product, no glitter/shimmer whatsoever. Shows up true to color. After using this, I was able to realize a real difference between a quality blush, such as this one, and a cheaper one. No redness issues with this either - I find that a lot of blushes that are plum, pink, or peach are red-based, especially from MAC, so that when I apply them, my cheeks look red or like they are burning. Also, those were too sheer, so it added a sheer wash of red, but still didn't look like blush. Anyways, this is somewhat pricey, but it lasts a long time (over a year I'd say) so it's worth it for what you get. I have repurchased this about 4 times, and have recently tried out the shade 'Rose Fresque' and am liking that as well. Rose Fresque is lighter/brighter, not as cool toned, and more pink than Aplum. It is also glitter/sparkle free.

on 10/4/2011 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Finally a light plum color that doesnt darken up my face, this color actually brightens. I love that its not as bright as pinks and red as mauves. This is a true purple brown. What I love about this is that it is matte so no glitter on the face, and since its matte, it contours too! Not as long wearing as I thought but since this was a free gift I can make it work.

on 5/1/2011 9:24:00 PM

Love this stuff! The last blush subtil I purchased caused breakouts (believe the shade was Cedre). I was concerned about this one, particularly because it has bismuth oxychloride in it. Surprisingly, no breakouts, just natural, long-lasting color. I have very pale yellow skin and dark hair- this shade is the perfect subtle purpley-pinky and its still there after a long work day. Highly recommend!