July 22, 2014 | 1141 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Wonder Waves Wave Enhancing Spray

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Hotflashes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm hearing rumblings that this is discontinued, but I still find it at Walmart. Great cheapo, a lot like an old B&BW spray called Curl on Cue that has been gone for years. Works really well as a styler and a refresher, I just don't love that Garnier sour apple scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by DrTierraFierce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had this spray for about 3 or 4 years now and used it a few times but more now and I love it. I sprayed this on my russian human hair (weave) and it enhanced my already wavy hair into beacy flowy sexy beach waves. Doesnt weigh down the hair nor dry it out. I wpuld def buy again for the summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Enhances my very weak natural curls beautifully. Smell is fine.

CONS: I really can't find any.

APPLICATION TIPS: I spray this mostly on my ends. I love topping this off with Suave Captivating Curls Mousse (the mousse mostly on the roots with a bit scrunched onto ends.) If I really want my curls to have body later, when they dry, then I follow the above up with a small amount of Garnier Mess Maker Putty (a small amount scrunched mostly onto ends WHILE THEY ARE WET.)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by sawg12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my third bottle of this and I RARELY ever finish any product much less repeat buy. I use it as a refresher later in the day or at night or for second day hair. I have thick, 2c-3a hair and it works great. Hasn't been sticky or made my hair frizzy. And seriously it's so cheap but I'm having a hard time finding it lately.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticjunky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, I don't leave home without this product and it only gets 3 lippies? Here's why,
For me this product has no no wave enhancing qualities. I have wavy/curly hair and it does nothing to my hair. I do not use it as part of my morning routine. However, the second thing it claims to do is give your waves a re~boost throughout the day when sprayed on even dry hair and in this department it delivers! I have never been able to spray any product on my dry hair,nit always just makes it crunchy and gross. This stuff however when sprayed onto my dry hair throughout the day reactivates whatever curling products I used that morning and it really does revive my waves/curls. I used to re wet my hair throughout the day to reactivate which was a huge pain. If I could give 5 lippies just for its reactivating properties I would but since I'm reviewing the entire product it gets 3 because as I mentioned when used to style my hair it does nothing. They should remarket it just as a wave/curl reactivator, then it would get 5 for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Ceesaroni

Im starting to see these spray gels EVERYWHERE. I guess theyre the new thing in haircare. Anyway, who doesn't want beautiful instant waves with the spray of a single product? If you do, then keep looking farther cuz this product ain't it :/ It doesn't technically promise instant, unassisted waves but it certainlly doesn't provide much hold when you try to form them manually. In fact, all it did was just make my hair hard. Oh well, maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't but if you decide to test it I would suggest keeping your reciept.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by lucakerberos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only thing I liked about this product was the smell. It smells WONDERFUL. But that's about it, at least for my hair. My hair can't hold a curl to save its life. I've tried multiple products and techniques to get the curls to stay, and so far no luck. I tried this to at least get a wave-y style, but all it did was make my hair hard and sticky, even with combing. I found the best way to apply it with minimal sticky-ness is to hold the bottle as far away from your head as possible so all you really get is a fine mist that can cover your head, and only spray ONCE. Then immediately comb through with fingers and/or a fine tooth comb.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I hate to be the voice of dissent, but I HATED this product. I used it on second-day hair to revive my waves by straying my hair with water from a spray bottle, then using this waving spray; I have very, very thick hair, so I had to us a LOT of product to get results, and also couldn't just scrunch or tousle my hair; I had to spray small sections with the gel, then wrap them around my hair like mini-curling irons (my hair is wavy enough that I didn't have to pin and wait) and release, which ended up with a much curlier and crunchier result than I wanted. This contains glycerin, which can be touchy in humid weather, and PVP, which makes gels very sticky with a long drying time (all of which held true when I used it). I had crunchy, untouchable hair for the rest of the day. And the SMELL - it might be fine if you only have to use a little, but because I have tons of hair, I had tons of product in my hair all day long, and the scent was overwhelmingly bad. Smelled like a mix of fruit and a chemical spill and I couldn't wait to wash it off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rated it highly because for the money there is not alot of products that work as well as this one does. However, it thoroughly dries my hair every single time I use it. Therefore, it isn't a go to product nor will I repurchase because I have another (of course more expensive product) that works way better. I bought this one because it was well reviewed and am always looking for something less expensive. This of course is good to have/know about in case I just can't afford my favorite, Paul Mitchell Styling Glaze. It's been 10 years and a line change; it's still love<3.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by playboy_mommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This really does help keep the frizzies away, and enhances wave.
I use it on damp hair and scrunch.
I rarely get compliments on my hair when I wear it wavey,
and twice after using this people commented on how nice my hair looked. I was shocked as I didn't do anything different... it was definitely the spray.
It held a nice wave without leaving my hair piece-y or wet looking (which I thought was impossible if I wanted my hair frizz free).
It doesn't work for me as a refresher spray though, as the package suggests: that just brought the frizzies back.
I thought Bumble & bumble curl creme was my HG, but I've never had a single compliment when I've used it, so this may be my new HG curl product.

Will repurchase.