Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Impact Liquid Eyeliner

4.1

*new version (2015)*
This eyeliner does take some skill to apply as the brush isn't very easy to control. The older version had a flat thin brush. It wasn't the firmest brush so it was a bit difficult to create very thin lines. The newer version has trimmed down the bristles, and the result is a thin pointy brush. However, I do find it harder to use than the older version because the brush is soft and flimsy. It is easier to draw thin lines with the newer version, but it's much harder to control because the soft brush could easily draw in the wrong area. Super oil-proof and tear-proof. It is one of the cheaper drugstore brands so unless I can find a better replacement for it's staying power and price, I'll keep re-purchasing this product.

*old version*
This eyeliner survived the humid hot summer and tears. The brush is flat and soft (think of a thin lip brush, it is very similar to that), but this isn't exactly a compliment. I don't think it is intended for beginners as it could be difficult to apply with the brush being so soft. It is also quite unforgiving if you make any mistakes. You cannot wipe any mistakes off (at least by water or by smudging) upon immediate application. That said, I still like this eyeliner as it is very oil- and water-proof.

on 12/19/2013 12:02:00 PM

I was hoping this eyeliner would be HG for me, but it wasn't. I had high expectations because I really like the mascara they make but unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations.

I wear eyeliner on a daily basis, but I need something that lasts all day, does not smudge or flake. I was using the Physician's Formula one which I really like but with prolonged use I think it is giving me dark circles because of its lash enhancing ingredients so I am taking a break from it. This eyeliner has a brush tip and it dips into the eyeliner (vs the pen types). You cannot super thin lines with this eyeliner (vs the brush tip pen types) and the formula is very black and matte so I would say you will like this if you like drawing a more dramatic line. It isn't particularly hard to use, but at the same time, I wouldn't recommend this for beginners because once its on, it is difficult to get off. You have a few seconds to wipe it off or else it's going to leave behind a mark so its not a good eyeliner to practice with. It does resist rubbing and water, its one weakness is oil. Unfortunately, if your lids get oily, it starts to break down the eyeliner and it kind of starts melting away. So halfway through the day, I will notice a little bit of grey transfer at the outer corners of my eye to my bottom lid, and by the end of a 14 hour the day, my cat flick has blurred edges and has lost its sharpness.

I'm not a fan of the packaging - it looks kind of cheap and tacky but it does its job. Its not very expensive (but not very cheap either) and its not readily available in Canada therefore this is not something I will be repurchasing.

on 11/13/2013 7:55:00 PM

I have been using this eyeliner along with couple other liquid eyeliner. Two pen-formed liquid eyeliners have dried out on me while this one is still going strong! This eyeliner stays put all day. It will not flake or smudge. I find it a littler harder to wash off at night compare to other eyeliners. But it is not too bad if you are using an oil based eye makeup remover. The brush can be a little harder to use, but you just need a little practice. You can make skinny or thicker lines, depending on which way you turn the brush. I would definitely recommend this eyeliner!

on 10/21/2013 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

This is my HG liquid eyeliner as well! I've tried other eyeliners (e.g. L'Oreal, Maybelline, Revlon, Wet n' Wild), but they all either frayed at the tip, thinned out with time, or came with their own other various problems.

Not so with this one! Kiss Me eyeliner is so easy to put on, makes it SUPER easy to do a winged/cat eye look, and stays on an on until you want it off. It is waterproof, but easily removeable with most makeup removers (I have used Biore Makeup Remover, Garnier Eye Makeup Remover, and Ponds random emollient remover with no issues at all). I have had this for more than a year, and the liquid is still the same consistency, and no tip fraying problems either! Absolutely love this! I've also recently purchased the Volume and Length mascaras from the same brand. Fingers crossed they are just as good as the eyeliner! Easily 5 lippies!

on 4/18/2013 9:46:00 AM

Best eyeliner ever.. HG! I used to use MAC Fluidline but this has better staying power. I use it everyday and have found that it's great for going to the beach & playing sport as it doesn't wear off. Every-time I go to asia I stock up!

Careful not to be confused with the skinny tube version of this eyeliner - that one smudges easily! This bottle is more of a tear-drop shape.

on 1/16/2013 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this eyeliner first from a friend, and I was impressed at how easy it was to apply that I wanted to get one for myself.
I bought mine on ebay for about $14 and it is well worth it.
The tip is shaped like felt but it's actually a brush, and it is very easy to make fine consistent lines. The color is black black black and it stayed on all day in my eyes.

on 9/10/2012 12:19:00 AM

i like the brush but its bugging me to always see my eyes because it smudges like crazy. annoying. i would prefer my shu eumura. even the price is cheap, i won't go back to this product, and also, can they design better packaging? this packaging looks very teenager and unflattering.

on 12/1/2011 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to like this liner--it applied smooth and glossy black, and the brush applicator was easy to use. Unfortunately it smudged like crazy after a few hours, so not for me.

on 8/10/2011 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am really impressed by this eyeliner. My previous favourite was MAC's Superslick liquid liner. It stays on my eyes rather well expect my tear duct area gets moist easily, especially when I yawn. (And hey, I am only human, I cannot stop myself from doing it, can I?) And then the tiny part on the tear duct area would dissolve and that bothers me.
But this eyeliner literally does not move at all. Does not transfer on my hooded eyes. And the applicator allows me to draw fine lines right on top of my lashes. I really enjoy using it. Definitely will repurchase.

on 6/20/2011 8:51:00 AM

This is by far the best eyeliner I have ever used. It is almost like a mix between a felt tip marker and a brush. The design makes the application extremely easy and smooth. I have tried so many different kinds of eyeliners but this one really delivers.It stays exactly where you put it. It's not runny, it doesn't smear and you don't have raccoon eyes at the end of the day.. I bought it for around $20 in some random Asian makeup store in D.C. and I am so glad I did. I think you can find it online as well. I can honestly say that this is the only makeup I have been 100% satisfied with in my life.LOVE LOVE LOVE KISS ME EYELINER!