April 21, 2014 | 950 users online

Lipstick - Victoria's Secret - Lipstick in Ruby Slippers

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The is a deep berry color w/ a golden shimmer. silver tube packaging...many thanks to the below reviewer now I know I can still get this under the new name 'vixen'...his review: 5 outta 10

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by briloveschocolatebunnies

My HG lipstick...and it is now under a new shade name and different formula. Look for the shade "Vixen" under the "Very Sexy Perfect Lipstick."

Beautiful shade that looks like a sparkly brown in the tube, but goes on much more red. I think this is a red that actually would flatter any skin tone. Gorgeous gorgeous color. Pretty long lasting, and will not dry lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2006 4:48:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very pretty color. Looks like a brownish shimmer in the tube but goes on redder than it looks. Frosty but in a good way. I love this with a very simple face with no other shimmer or glitter. I wouldn't wear this everyday but for a night out or as a pick me up on a gloomy day this is just lovely. It is now called "velvet rope" and has been repackaged for the new "very sexy" line. It has NOT been discontinued, the only change is a new formula and a new name. The new formula is very nice, moist and creamy and very pigmented, a real pow of color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2006 7:40:00 PM More reviews by styrch

I love ruby slippers. I have it in pot form with an accompanying yellow/gold gloss and I also have it in a lipstick. I have to say it's a great red (that WOW red when you're really looking for a good punch). It looks great with gloss over it. It's great for those evening out looks. It does have a little bit of a brown undertone (and I hate brown undertones) but it's not that apparent - with a red lip liner and some gloss on top it's wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2006 11:12:00 PM More reviews by ddai100

Perfect! A sexy brownish-red shade that I can wear any time. Put it on lightly and it looks great all day. Slick it on a little thicker with a bit of sheer lip gloss and I can go all night. This l/s had great texture and staying power. And the price. A lot cheaper than some of the department store brands. A great bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2006 4:12:00 AM More reviews by pnayheav3n

ruby slippers is awesome! everytime i used to check out VS lipstick i would bypass this shade just because it looked too brown in the tube, which would have been horrible on me. however, i saw someone swipe it on the back of their hand and got to see the actual color - a beautiful light brownish deep red with golden undertones that's light enough to use during the day or even night. LOVE it. doesn't dry out and lasts long. very beautiful on many people. for me $13 is too much for lipstick; however VS has promotions every so often for lipstick - 3/$24. perfect price for perfect lipcolor.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2006 9:11:00 AM More reviews by chicagochick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Super sexy color! Goes on smooth and lasts and does not leave my lips dry at all. Goes well with my skin tone and I have very fair skin. I use this color day & night. This is one of my hubby's fave colors. That is good enough for me!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2006 7:23:00 PM More reviews by ErinElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one red that actually looks good on me. The other is Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. Ruby Slippers is a beautiful, shimmery brown-red color. It looks good for day or night, which I absolutely love. In my experience, most reds are a bit much for day. I've been using this color out of a palette and plan on buying the full size tube when I've used all of the shade in my kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2005 3:45:00 PM More reviews by cupcake22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is the best shade of red i have used.it goes well layered under mirror mirror french kiss

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2005 2:30:00 PM More reviews by rosnguil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

GORGEOUS lipstick! It's a beautiful, warm, slightly shimmery, brownish red that I can imagine would look good on almost any skintone. For a while, I've become absolutely obsessed with finding the perfect red lipstick. I wanted something wearable and definitely red without looking garish or like there's a complete stranger in the mirror. This shade is not only wearable but simply lovely on my olivey MMM complexion. This lipstick also feels good on your lips (very smooth and creamy), is relatively long-lasting, and surprisingly moisturizing. I would definitely repurchase.