July 29, 2014 | 2044 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Saddle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I read some where Kate M uses this to fill her brows and since i have dark hair i felt this would work for me. It did! It looks so natural when applied at the brow arch. It looks dark matte brown on me. Lasts all day.

It is pricey but im happy i finally got something that suits my hair color perfectly. Best part it doubles as eye shadow for that smokey look & as eye liner with a wet brush. I also like the lightweight, transparent lid packaging. Great for travels & color idenfication in my over crowded makeup beauty box!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Until two or so weeks ago, I was a Bobbi Brown "virgin". Then I got an absolutely terrific little palette (I wish I could BUY more of these) with my Sephora VIB points and Saddle was one of the 4 eye shadows in the palette. Unlike MAC's Saddle, which is an orange/red toned light brown - a shade which is totally vile on me - Bobbi Brown Saddle is a lovely ashy grey-brown colour that is just lovely for me - the sort of dark neutral shadow (like MAC Coquette or Concrete) that I just love to wear and which suits my lifestyle and my colouring. Versatile, well-pigmented and it's going on my "to buy" list!

UPDATE: Went to Sephora 3 weeks after getting the points palette to buy this shadow and, unbelievably, Sephora doesn't stock this shade as a single shadow. How odd that they'd have it in their points perk but not sell it. Fortunately, they do sell Mahogany, which I love even more and which was also in the freebie palette. But I'd have loved having a full size of Saddle also.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by kloud04

I cannot comment on how this works as an eyeshadow because I have yet to use it on my lids. I have been using it to fill in my eyebrows and I tell you it is great stuff. When I first looked at the color I did not think it would work with my brows but it blends beautifully and naturally. I have really dark brown brows (almost black) and this is perfect. I love BB's eyeshadows, they blend so well and last for ages. I actually got a free mini brush with this order (the code is on her site) and I have been using the eyeliner side to apply this and it works great. I just lightly tap it into the shadow and apply. Although the brush is small it gets the job done. I plan on repurchasing in the future but this will last ages.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

This is a great neutral brown eyeshadow. It is the exact shade of brown that I like to wear on my lids to bring out my blue eyes without looking too done-up. I wear this during the day all the time. Its much less dark and pulls more grey than Mahogany though it is just as pigmented. It reminds me a bit of NARS bali. Its a great basic, staple color especially for blue-grey eyed gals. I love how my eyes look when wearing this. It can also be built up to a more smokey eyed look. her shimmer washes in beige and mauve look great paired with this.

One pan of her eyeshadow lasts a couple of years or more so I think its worth the price. And the quality of her powder shadows is amazing. They are smooth and silky and apply evenly, not blotchy. I do wear primer with them now (NARS) but for years I didn't and I still thought they had decent staying power and easy application.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by kristiannarj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great!
Looks like the BB Birch eyeshadow, only darker..
looks amazing all over the lid and then taking the color to the lower lid gives a nice light smokey look.
Great great pigmentation and overall very good quality!
super happy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by terriv13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I took one lippie off for price, although it really is worth it, it's just times are tough right now... Anyway, on to the review! I use this on my crease and outer "v", and a slight bit under my lower outer third lashes, with Bobbi's Shimmer Shadow in Beige on the inner half and brow bone. I find that it is neutral enough to compliment whatever I'm wearing, so that saves both time and money! As stated before, it has just enough depth to show up nicely without looking too dark for daytime. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Saddle is described on the Bobbi Brown website as "dark grey brown." While I agree that it is a dark shadow, it isn't nearly as dark as Espresso, Rich Brown, Mink, Hot Stone, or Chocolate. It is a beautiful neutral matte color that offers a rich impact but is not too dark to use as a crease liner. I find this shadow to be just the right depth for blending with other shades.