July 30, 2014 | 1582 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I should have read the reviews. Yes, it's beautiful in the pan which is why I picked it up on clearance at Ulta. You get a lot of shadow for your money, it's smooth and buttery. But the color turned red on. Bad.....fail for this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

This color is very pretty in the pan and I do love this on at first, but after a while, it makes me look very tired. This isn't good for someone with dark circles, as your foundation wears off and you still have this eye shadow on....not a pretty picture. The color is one of those wacko Duo-Tone colors with a red/brown base and green overcast. This reminds me of MAC Club and UD Lounge. I wish I could pull off this color because it is stunning and it has lovely pigmentation. Oh well. off to the swap bin! PROS: Color, Pigmentation, Blendablity, Smoothless, Texture & Price. CONS: Wearability which is a deal breaker. No matter how wonderful a product is, it is worthless if you can't wear it. This will be a plus for people who look bright eyed and bushy tailed all day long.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by srscott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought every Ulta eye shadow that looked even vaguely taupe on their website during a bogo sale. The way the colors show up on the website is very misleading! I ended up with some colors I really love and some that I really don't think will work on me. In hopes of helping others avoid purchasing shades they can't use, I'm summarizing them here. I also have a picture in my profile.

Organza - light shimmery shade with hints of lavender
Sandstone - light shimmery pinkish brown - identical to Revlonís Nude Slip - a good base color.
Mystique - My favorite out of all of these! A true medium taupe, great for the crease. It is also shimmery.
Plum Smoke - My second favorite. This is another shimmery medium taupe, but with plummy undertones. Another good crease color. A perfect dupe for Elizabeth Arden's buff which I loved and is now discontinued.
Gold Dust - Quite dark, given the name! There is nothing gold about it -- one of the least shimmery out of the bunch. However, it is a great neutral taupe color, excellent for lining. I am quite fond of this one!
Chestnut - This has the least shimmer of them all. It is also one of my least favorite. It is a reddish brown color and just doesn't look good on me.
Mesmerize - This color looks nothing like it looks in the pan! It is quite shimmery and quite red! Many reviewers mention this, but I didn't believe them -- well, believe it! This is my absolute least favorite.

The quality of these shadows is excellent! They are very smooth with little fallout. The color payoff is very good and they are long lasting. I do not have a problem with the hard coating on top that some reviewers mention, even though these are the new shadows with the word Ulta imprinted on the shadow. The price ($7.00) is cheap, especially with the bogo deal ($3.50). Overall, I highly recommend these shadows and the colors are dependent on your personal preference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Can definitely see where this would be too reddish on some skin-tones, much like I can't wear some bronze/copper shadows for the same reason. This works very well for me, though and I will definitely repurchase. Color can be foiled for depth and enhancement of the duochrome, or even worn alone with a sheer application for a very pretty wash on the lids. It's quite flattering on my blue eyes and I like it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by rawse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ulta has a pretty big selection of pretty duochromes so I had to pick this one up. I haven't tried Mac's Club or anything else that looks like it so I can't say much about the difference, but I will say that I'm kind of disappointed in this. The pigmentation is great but it shows up as an orangey red, not brown and you can barely notice the green/blue shimmer. I wouldn't repurchase this because I already have enough red/brown eyeshadows but I do plan on playing with it to see what I can do with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by psychdr

I totally agree with the reviwer below me (murphysmomkk) - it's very similar to MAC's Club (which I love), but definitely more reddish. Unfortunately, that's why I didn't like this one. I thought it would look great on my green eyes (appears greenish-brown in the pot), but when I put it on, I look like someone punched me! Very disappointed in this shade, but I will continue to purchase Ulta eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! It's very close to MAC Club for a fraction of the price. It's a mixture of green, red, gold, brown, black, ... a bunch of colors. I love it.
It does to to be a little on the "red" side whereas Club is more green.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Tinkerchelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This ES isn't getting great reviews, and I can kind of see why- it's a funky color. I happen to love it though, for a number of reasons. While it may not be the most user friendly shade I own, it is very complex and reminsicent of some higher end shades that have become cult faves. As one reviwer stated, it is a ringer for UD Lounge. I don't own Lounge, but I swatched to two side by side in Ulta and there is no discernable difference. It also reminds me alot of MAC Club, although perhaps more red. Used as you would use either of those and you will not be disappointed. Aslo, since it has duochrome, it completely changes when put over a dark base. Foil it over a black, or gunmetal-grey base and it becomes an awesome metallic, mermaid-y green. Really dramatic unique. Invest some time in experimentation with this shadow and, I promise, it is worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by ak0703

I didn't get the chance to swatch this color at the store...but I bought it on a whim anyway. Like the previous review, it looks sort of bruised on my skin...definitely not flattering. This could look very nice on the right skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

Mesmerize is a burgundy with blue iridescence.

PROS: Inexpensive. I like the packaging. Good amount of product.

CONS: The color is not flattering on my NC33-35 skintone. Makes me look ill/bruised. Although it looks pretty on my hand when used wet (the iridescence really shows), it's just a little much on my face.

Will not be repurchasing this :(