December 20, 2014 | 1474 users online

Powder - MAC - Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

This foundation has light coverage, if you want to build it - it will look cakey before you get to the medium coverage, if you wear this always always always wear some sort of mist afterwards like urban decay make up setting spray or fix+ to avoid looking chalky.

Please note this came as a completely surprise the SPARKLES in this powder, again like mac's prep and prime its not dewy looking shimmer but multicoloured sparkles, if you can caught in the wrong light with this you're going to look like a disco ball.
This powder isn't 100% matte finish, its probably matte-satin, and low coverage.
Note even the light colours run a little dark, so go up a shade to avoid looking orange.
I have normal skin and when i put this powder on my forehead, it got caught up in my skin and looked like dry, ashy skin. If you do have dry skin, stay away!! It's never going to look nice. If you have oily skin I'm sure this product would cake up and separate.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by stl

I use this as a setting powder, so I cannot comment on how it works as foundation. But even as a setting powder, it is nothing to rave about. My skin is combination, and this makes my skin oily within 3 hours, I've tried it with different foundation and it is all the same. I cannot wait to finish it up and buy something else.
I hate the packaging too. I spill it every time I use it!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by CamiBell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ugh. This stuff. This foundation is the most misleading product I have ever used, truly. When you first apply it, like other reviewers have said, it looks great. Not a pore in sight.

But then it gets ugly.

This stuff is beyond flimsy, meaning it doesn't hold at all and makes your face look extremely oily. As someone with clear, normal skin that is properly hydrated, I was horrified to see that upon leaving my house, my skin looked flawless, yet when I returned an hour later, it was shiny. Thank goodness I had some alternative powder lying around because this was just awful. Oh, and it gets everywhere too.

The only upside to this is that the color matches perfectly, provided your skin is moisturized and you don't have a tendency to get oily skin throughout the day, because this will oxidize, and will do so in patches, not evenly across your face. If I want to look orange, I'll get a tan. This shouldn't do it for me.

Will absolutely never be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

My skin: NW15/NC15, sensitive and acne-prone.
Got this in the shade Light.

I'm not impressed at all. When you first apply it it looks really good and seems to hide pores and even out the skin. But a few hours later it seemed to oxidize... It left orange/dark patches where on the areas where I had applied it. It also looked messy! I have really oily skin, so I really need something that stays on! One third thing is that it didn't cover enough!! When I first applied it, I really tried to cover all the needed areas, but after a few hours this had disappeared...there were no coverage left!!

I also think this contains a lot more ingredients than other mineral makeup, and if you have really sensitive and troubled skin, this can cause you problems....(even if I didn't like this enough to continue using it and find out for myself)

And for being a brand like Mac, with their prices, I don't think this is worth the money.

Not recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by mascara_junkie

I really do not like this powder at all. I normally use MAC's Studio Fix powder which is *awesome*.

This powder, however, sucks - which is not what I'd expect from MAC. Barely any coverage, goes on blotchy - and then wears off quickly. So expensive, and the packaging is terrible too ~ I don't know who would try to put it on usiing that powder puff attached to the handle :S

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those products that doesn't do anything wrong but isn't impressive either. As a finishing powder its covers okay and seems to make foundation last a while and didn't find there to be any caking. It doesn't look particularly beautiful though. It's completely useless as a foundation, giving only the bare minimum of coverage. I tried mixing it with cream to use as a liquid foundation but the effect was horribly aging. I disliked the smell of it, the talc fragrance made it seem cheap, like you were only using talcum powder with pigment mixed in. The packiging is useless, the sponge and tub are just plain rubbish. I don't know why they isist on putting mineral powders in the worst packiging ever. Overall I'd possibly try it again if I can't find powder that doesn't clog my pores or cake my makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

Not in love with this product
expensive
not as good as bare essentials/minerals
coverage is lacking
doesn't stay on face
doesn't cover all over only where it wants
the sponge as an applicator is horrible
you have to use a medium-large powder brush for the best result
you'll get a better finish with the skinfinish
you don't need both

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first thought was "For over $30 this $#!& better be good!!! >.<" and after the first application, I fell head over heels. I've been searching for a powder foundation that would give me coverage but still be light enough for the summer heat without breaking me out. I have angry zits, acne scars, and red and dry patches of skin. This powder foundation almost covered it all when I used a very little amount. I buffed this in with my Real Techniques Stippling brush and it gave me an airbrushed look that I had given up trying to attain until now! It doesn't break me out or dry out skin and it's easy to remove unlike my favorite liquid foundation, Revlon Colorstay. A little amount goes a long way with this product, so I'm expecting this jar to last me at least 5 months. I will be repurchasing. The packaging has also been changed to the standard mineral powder jar.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by neurosciguy

Eh, it's a loose powder foundation. I find it just doesn't give enough coverage for me- I'd call it just a hair more than non-existent. And no matter how I applied it, it ALWAYS looked cakey, and I'm kinda going for a "no makeup" look here. Pass.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

I only recently realized that I like this product a lot. I thought I hated it for the longest time because I had been using the sponge that comes with it. That thing applies too much product onto your face and looks so obvious! Applied with a nice fluffy brush, I really like the effect this has. Doesn't give that obvious powdered look to the face with light coverage (it's buildable, but it looks too obvious when it's piled on). A great alternative to tinted moisturizer for summer! The packaging is really silly though, and I feel like I waste a lot of it to try to get some of the powder out.