September 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Shampoo - Kirkland Signature Hydrating Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by RoseannaDanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Kirkland Professional Salon Formula Moisture Shampoo with Moisture Nutrient Complex. It's the 33.8 fl oz (1L) purplish pump bottle. I also love the Nexxus Therappe shampoo in the pump bottle. Both of these are sold at Costco. There was a few dollars difference. I decided to give Kirkland a try and save a few bucks. We're almost done with the bottle and my long, straight, colored and fine hair has no complaints. I've been pleased with every Kirkland product so far and this shampoo goes on the list. If I use conditioner, it's only a smidgen on the ends. I air dry my hair and I'm left with clean, shiny and manageable hair. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll admit I'm one of those Costco nuts. I love their Kirkland Signature in-house brand. Nearly every Kirkland item I've tried is equal to or better than it's name brand inspiration. This shampoo is no different. I'm not exactly sure which shampoo this was supposed to mimic, but it met and exceeded my needs. I have fine, color treated hair that is hard to handle in the winter. If I don't use the right products I walk around looking like my finger is perpetually in the electric socket. Until now, Redken All-Soft shampoo was the only product that stood up to the toll each winter takes on my hair. All-Soft is pricey, and I always wished I could find a less expensive alternative. During my last trip to Costco I found myself intrigued by this hydrating shampoo and conditioner and I plunked them in my cart. The shampoo was $10 for over 33 ounces. My bottle of All Soft was only 10 ounces and I think I paid close to $15.

First, this shampoo smells great. I hate synthetic floral/citrus/herbal scents. Kirkland shampoo smelsl like pudding, or cake batter. I love it. The shampoo Iathers through the hair easily and rinses out cleanly without residue. I use it with the companion conditioner and blow it out with Redken Satinwear blow dry lotion and the result is soft, smooth, silky hair without any annoying straw-like fly-aways. I am kicking myself for not trying this sooner.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Katejang81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this product. I have long,fine,oily,color treated hair with a sensitive scalp. I have to be carful with what shampoo I have. Shampoos tend to over moisturize or dry my hair out. Some have even caused hair loss. In my research I decided to try it. I enjoy the smell. It has a creamy lather that doesn't cause my hair to get gnarly. Sometimes I feel I don't even need the conditioner because the shampoo cleans and moisturizes so good. My hair feels healthy and has a pretty shine. The color seems more vibrant. The only small down side is it may over tame my hair just a bit. I can always use mousse to get volume. I may even use a clarifying shampoo here and there. Overall very happy with the product.The price and what you get is great. A little of the product goes a long way even on my long hair Try it,if you don't like it return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by DebAK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Simply, the best shampoo I've ever used. Unlike other natural shampoos, this one did NOT weigh down my hair. I've been using this for about 1 year now. Scent is a bit strong, but you cannot beat the quality for the really low price point.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Gerilee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was terribly disappointed with this shampoo. Made my scalp itch. The scent is too strong.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat415

I've been using SLS free shampoos for a very long time now because I really like how soft they make my hair feel, so I was hesitant to try out a new one with SLS in it. But a funny thing happened along the way to adulthood. From the days where I started spending more money than I'd like on shampoo, two kids and mortgage later, suddenly paying $10 for a bottle of 350 ml (12 oz) starts to add up when you're adding in things like diapers and the like. It's funny because when I read old product reviews that I wrote in my early 20's on here I can't believe the amount of expendable income I had blown on frivolous and completely unnecessary "salon" products.
There's been a lot talk about this being a clone of Biolage Hydrating Shampoo. Yes the ingredient lists are very similar however they are not identical. If anything the Kirkland brand has more of the good stuff. But as I type this I'm staring at the back of the bottle of the Kirkland and have several web links open to see the ingredients in Biolage. They are not the same product no matter what you're hearing. Sorry to dispel that one.
That being said because of the similarity and the very familiar Biolage scent, you won't notice the difference in your hair. I've used both and spent a big chunk of time when I was younger being addicted to the Biolage line and having used this one, my hair pretty much feels identical to when I use Biolage. The only difference I'm noticing is in my wallet. At $7.99 for 2, 1.18L (40 oz) bottles, I am a very happy Costco customer. I've got my entire family using this now.
In Canada we unfortunately don't get the SLS free version of the Kirkland Shampoos and hopefully they"ll get them here eventually. In the meantime, this is a serious bargain and salon quality product. Just use a clarifying shampoo weekly (as you should with almost any shampoo you use) and you'll be very happy with the results. continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by melandriel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about a month now and it definitely does the job. Doesn't way my hair down and leaves a light, fresh sent. I think I've had more good hair days than bad while using this shampoo. My husband uses it as well and says the smell isn't too "girly" for him. I'm happy with this product, and the fact that both the shampoo and the condition were less than $10. Long live Costco!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Affascinante

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use this one, but my husband loves it!

Great price, great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by ErisMay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, this stuff is amazing!! I was passing this up in the store because I was afraid of buying such big bottles of a shampoo that I might not like. But in the end I figured I would give it a go after doing a ton of research first. The ingredients list is exactly the same as Matrix Biolage Hydrating Shampoo. I paid just $6.99 for 2 large 40 ounce bottles. That works out to just $3.50 a bottle of this shampoo. I have used Matrix Biolage in the past and I honestly can't tell a difference in performance and even scent. I don't know if Costco did reverse formulary and is having someone else make this shampoo for them, or if Matrix is the one selling their Biolage for them to private label. All I know is that this shampoo really performs and you can't beat the price. I have fine straight hair that gets weighed down easily. So far so good using this. The true test of time will be over long term use. I usually use a clarifying shampoo on the weekends so a little bit of build up will not be an issue. It will only be an issue if it builds up a lot during the week. My hair is very soft as I paired it with their conditioner of the same name. I can't stop stroking my soft hair. It has lots of volume and no fly away hairs. With the economy the way it is, I am glad I took the risk and purchased this shampoo/conditioner. As long as Costco continues to sell this shampoo, I will purchase it and save my hard earned money for other things.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It adequately washes my husband's hair every day. I'm on the curlyhair nopoo regimen most of the time, but when I use it to wash my scalp occasionally, it does the job. But what I LOVE this shampoo for is the way it cleans my makeup brushes! It leaves no residue, rinses out completely, and leaves very little fragrance behind. And it's cheap! I use it once a week to clean all my brushes and I haven't had any brushes fall apart or had the bristle texture change. Try it, you'll be hooked, and no more spending buku bucks for tiny bottles of brush cleaner.