December 20, 2014 | 1717 users online

Eyeliner - Givenchy - Magic Kajal Eye Pencil BLACK

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by KBru

This is the creamiest, softest, blackest liner you can find. It smudges very easily but can also be set or made more perfect with either a powder or liquid liner. It is pricey for eyeliner but I find that eyeliner is one of the products that doesn't have quite the same quality in lower end products.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by honeyandsweets

Soft. Slick. Smudgy. This pencil is all of these things. I initially bought this to replicate ultra-black rocker chick raccoon eyes, whic h this does wonderfully. This is probably the softest eye pencil I have ever used and glides on like a dream with absolutely no tugging. It's also incredibly smudgy, so this is a big yes if you're wanting to re-create ultra-dramatic biker chick punk rock couture eyes, but a big no if you just want a regular black liner that goes on and stays on. And well, even though I do like this product for what it is (I love how easy it is to tightline with it) my name is not Siouxie Sioux, so I don't find myself reaching for this very often. But if you feel like unleashing your inner succubus with little to no effort, definitely give this a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by LashLine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Agree with other reviewers that it's the most pigmented and rich black I've ever used in my waterline. Also agree that it's very creamy and smooth - very lovely effect indeed! It also has better lasting power than most I've tried.

However, I have 2 main complaints:
(1) The smudging is ree-dic-u-lous! I don't like to constantly re-touch my makeup during the day. And if I'm out at night, I certainly don't want to worry about looking silly. Eye primer didn't help.
(2) My eyes burn a bit, and are blood-shot at the end of the day. I also noticed I develop a "film" on my eyes... I think it's because of this product (??)

Despite these complaints, I will continue to use this product -- but probably only for doing smokey eyes. (Hopefully the smudging isn't as bad.)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by lindyface

I went to my local Sephora in search of the Guerlain version of this type of eyeliner, but they told me it is only sold online, so I asked the woman assisting me if she could show me one comparable to it. She directed me to this one, and I tested it on my hand just to see the smoothness. I liked what I saw, and decided to purchase a pencil. It looks beautiful when it's on, and I love the dark, dark black shade of it, but its only downfall is that it will not stay on for more than 2 hours without smudging. When I read the reviews for the Guerlain kajal eyeliner, it said it stays on pretty well, so I think I am going to splurge on the 30 something dollars and take a risk with the one I originally wanted. I will finish the Givenchy one, but I always have to wipe the corners of my eye with this product, but, as I mentioned before, it does make your eyes look beautiful and SO dramatic, which is exactly what I was going for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

I could certainly have had a love affair with this Magic Kajal Eye Pencil if it didn't (unfortunately) sting my eyes, make them water, and wash away all traces of it. I will say this: this is by far the blackest, most beautiful pencil I have ever worked with to line my inner lids. It is as soft as butter, so there is no tugging whatsoever. However, whatever makes this pencil so soft also contributes to it melting off your lids as the day goes on and making a blackened mess of your eye area. Even tho I cleaned my eye area to the best of my ability one evening after I wore this, I still woke up with "zombie eyes" the next morning. Despite all the troubles, there is still something about this pencil that I think is great, and I would have probably still given it 5 lippies if I wasn't terribly allergic to it. Had to deduct 2 points for whatever stings the heck outta my eyes like that... :o(

Back to UD Zero for me... continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by amymegalou

Gorgeous eyeliner. Lasts a lot longer on the waterline than any other kajal pencil I have tried. For the daytime, I apply it with an angled eyeliner brush as this doesn't make it look too intense and in the evening, I apply it directly from the pencil. Very soft and creamy and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

This pencil is the BEST for tightlining. It goes on very intense black with a shiny finish. I never have any fallout into my eye. It goes on smoothly and evenly. I do reapply mid-day, but it lasts longer than anything else I have tried.
(For reference I have tried Lancome Kohl eyeliner - doesn't go on very dark and fades away very fast. I also tried LOreal HIP Loose Pigment - stays on, but lots of fallout into my eye and it irritates them). I was beginning to think I would never find a liner that would work for tightlining until I got this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by ishtar21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this eye pencil.. it's best for using on the waterline and gives that perfect intense look..It goes on so smoothly--I didn't even have to apply any pressure. It stays on for a couple hours, so re-applying is needed, but that is to be expected when your wearing eyeliners on your waterline.
I wouldn't wear it on a daily basis, but it's great for dramatic, evening looks. Overall, I greatly recommend this product if you're looking for a great liner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by carita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this kajal only because I needed to get another thing from Givenchyís Maharani collection to get GWP. I was pretty satisfied with Diorís pencil, although I havenít put it in my waterline.
This pencil looks pretty ordinary, it is not as long as Diorís , but it is fatter, and contains 2,6g of product. You also get a sharpener included with it.
It is a bit more greasier than Diorís pencil and it is wonderful rich black colour.
I usually donít wear eyepencils in the waterline because they either smudge, or they disappear after half an hour or, which is the worse, they do both. Magic Kajal managed to stay whole five hours without smudging. After eight hours it smudged, but it also had the same intense colour as it had when applied. Removing the kajal might be a challenge for an ordinary make-up remover, but it goes down well with bi-phase make-up remover.
All in all, I am extremely satisfied with this purchase and I can only hope that this will become a part of their usual collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful Penelope Cruz eyes can be achieved with this but damn does it smudge!
**EDIT 06/08/10**
I'm in love. I rediscovered this and as long as you smudge it right after application it lasts throughout the day. I have been wearing this to work the last few days. *Sigh...
***UPDATE***07/21/10
Hands down the best! This is my HG and I hope Givenchy never discontinues it. It does smudge, but that 's what kohls do so I just keep a pack of q-tips in my makeup bag to touch up around my eyes once a day. Still in love. *Sigh*