April 17, 2014 | 1472 users online

Powder - Lancome - Ageless Minerale Skin-Transforming Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 21

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this. The texture is very fine, the colours are decently realistic and the packaging is brilliant with the swivel lid to close the sifter when not in use... but it did not live up to expectation. I prefer a mineral foundation to offer some coverage and to even out my skin tone but ever time I used this, I couldn't even see it on my face, as in, it offered no coverage at all. I have friends who love it so this is totally a YMMV thing, but I have a bit of redness and it didn't soften it or cover it at all! It's definitely not a cakey powder like some higher coverage minerals can be. It flows freely in the container. (I've found that those ones have more emollient ingredients that can make the makeup either stick to the sides of the jar or form little 'balls' in the container, and they also tend to pack on heavier). It's light weight and sheer (on me anyways) and it's not for lack of trying. My L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mineral Powder offered way more coverage by comparison, though it was one of those that stuck to the sides of the jar, so very different composition.

Bottom line is that if you like sheer coverage, this is great. There's no scent, I was gentle on the skin, there's a fair range of shades... It just doesn't offer that even toned flawless coverage I was after. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first and only powder foundation I have ever tried. Overall I really like it.

- super fast and easy to apply. I used to love the Lancome foundation brush (paid $40 ~ 5 years ago) that is specifically meant for this product, but I've discovered (and prefer) the Real Techniques buffing brush, which is much cheaper
- I use it 1-2x/week on average, and still have loads of product left, after several years. I should probably throw this out, but I haven't had any problems so... I know, I'm bad!
- reasonably good coverage and shine control throughout the day.
- no smell, which I like
- I have some seborrheic dermatitis on my eyebrows, and it can tend to make the flakiness look worse.
- I don't tend to use the setting powder with it, mainly due to laziness.

Overall, very happy with this powder foundation, but I am interested in finding something with a bit more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Donnie130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am always looking for the best foundation for my oily acne prone skin. I have tried too many to list here. I have acnes scars which I try to cover as well as large pores.
I am begining to think I need some type of spackle or something that would stay on in the heat of summer.
Bare minerals mineral veil, original and tinted are nice but the search continues.
I love this item as I hope that in addition to being a foundation it will also help the quality of my skin. It is awful to have acne prone sken at my age, it doesn't go well with the wrinkles

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by nreed222

Love!! I have been using this product for two years now. I get compliments on my skin & I believe that this product is the reason. It is quick to apply, and you do not have to use to much. I feel like I had to use way more Bare Minerals. It lasts a good eight hours, and I have oily skin. THe reason I love this product is A.) It looks amazing, and B.) It doesn't feel like there is anything on my skin.
I usually buy at Macy's, but they cut back their selection of colors. I now buy my shade (beige 10) at nordstrom online because they have free shipping and more colors. Also--- It is wonderful to travel with because you can actually close the sifter- genius!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using Bare Minerals for quite awhile, mostly because I really didn't do much or any research about other brands/products that preformed as well as B.M. It worked well for me I suppose - but I did do a review on it awhile go stating that it was beginning to lag for me. Looking cakey, transferring on everything - and wasn't covering as well as it used to. But I just refused to convince myself it wasn't good for me. Pretty much all liquid foundations are terrible on my oily, acne prone skin - and to be honest - I hate applying them. So I headed to my local Shoppers Drug Mart (who thankfully sell B.M) and was greeted by the Cosmetician who informed me that B.M was pulling out of all Shoppers Drug Mart *gasp*! What will I do now? Now I have to make a special trip to Sephora just to get foundation (which never happens, I always walk out with way more than I intended to buy, or really need) Anyways. I was steered towards this foundation, was given a sample and reluctantly gave it a try the next day. Well. I was completely shocked. It looks BEAUTIFUL. It takes half the amount B.M does to cover my face flawlessly AND I didn't need concealer. It has the subtle glow that B.M does - but looks way better. It lasted all day (and that's hard to do on my super oily skin) and I had this gorgeous glow! Definitely give this stuff a try - get a sample first - as the colour selection isn't the greatest (they don't have a lot to choose from) They do however have in the same shade, intensity levels, which is genius. Apply with a kabuki brush, and a concealer brush (if needed) and you will be blown away by how it looks. I have acne prone skin, with many scars and this covered them completely! Way better than B.M.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best powder foundation I've ever used! A little goes a very long way, covers every flaw imaginable and still looks natural, feels light and lasts almost all day with no touch ups. I wear Natural Ivory 30 for my NC 20-25 skin tone. The only bummer is you can only buy it online, or at least thats what the Lanc�me MA told me. Update 11.2013:: Well, Autumn is here and a richer moisturizer is needed but I cannot wear this foundation in the AW months, too drying, even with a richer moisturizer + hydrating spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by tabster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best mineral powder foundation I have ever used! I could not be more happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by dawny0826

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I purchased this as a set several years ago, which came with the mineral foundation, transluscent setting powder and bronzer. I'm not a fan of powder foundations at all, but, this set works for me.

It also came with a cosmetic bag and brush and I don't use the brush, though there wasn't anything wrong with it. I think I gave it away.

This works for my skin and skin tone. I use Natural Ivory. What I like about this product is that it's very buildable and you really do have a flawless finish when you're done, without it looking like you have caked powder on your face. It looks very natural and your skin feels smoothe.

Another thing that I like about it, is that it doesn't move or transfer as much as much as other powders do.

The bronzer is too dark for my skin, but, it works as a contouring powder. And the translucent powder is multi-purpose. I use it without the other products, over makeup to set a look.

A little product goes a long way, so that justifed the cost - I think I paid around $60.00 for the set.

The only thing that I would recommend is that those with fair skin test it first, if they can. Additionally, I do recommend a foundation primer under this. I've used this over moisturizer and I find that I do need to allow my moisturizer to set and then add a primer, for the best finish.

I'd buy this product again, but only if I could purchase this in a set again.

The packaging is okay...but, you do lose product every time you open the package, some product spills and that's another deterrant for me and is one reason why I don't often utilize mineral powders.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was not pleased at all with the result after using this foundation on my oily, acne prone skin. I like to use lighter foundations because I battle with cystic acne and I don't need any breakouts. It did nothing to cover up my hyperpigmentation and it literally melted off my face after two hours! And I used a primer underneath! I paid too much for this foundation for that result so I was really disappointed. It has a beautiful texture but I wouldn't recommend it for anybody with blemishes and oily skin. Sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by kaycee66

I've been using this for about 6 months now, through the Winter months in Toronto (=cold and dry), and through the Summer months (=sweaty, humid).

Keep in mind that this is a powder foundation, but it offers great coverage, makes my skin look powdery smooth, great finish, and spf 21!

PROS:
- It doesn't seem like much in the container but it has lasted me quite some time, and I still have a lot left
- Powder is super fine, so it seems to "stick" to my skin well, without blotches or cakey look
- On me, the colour matched quite well, so it looks very natural
- Buildable - I personally put a thin brushing of poweder, otherwise I look overdone
- Did I mention it has spf? Not a bad idea to bring out a small container to reapply your spf

CONS:
- A little goes a long way, or you'll look like you're overdone! -> I've actually used less foundation to compensate. Sometimes, I even forgo the foundation during the days, and use just a big of foundation in the evenings
- It's never happened to me, but the beauty advisor at the counter told me to be careful that in the case I "oil" up, the mineral powder darkens, giving you an orange tint

Overall, I highly recommend this powder foundation, as I would just cut out the foundation itself and just use this powder. I've been shopping for a good BB cream, but I think I won't need that, either. I've tried bare minerals, and the colours are too dark. Lancome has a wider palette of colours.

Hope this helps!