July 28, 2014 | 2058 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - wonder waves mousse

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by fpih

I can't believe the bad reviews for this mousse! I have wavy hair and have tried about 5-6 other products during last year that promise to add elasticity and definition to my very loose curls (make them tighter and bouncier), and this is the only one that actually works. I have tried using some of the other mousses in my closet because I hate paying in vain for them, but none adds extra bounce to my curls or they make my hair way too scrunchy, or most times, both. Wonder waves makes my loose curls more bouncy, more elastic, no scrunchy feeling at all, and best thing is they last a second or even third day, just by wetting my hair a tiny bit each morning and adding a drop or two of smoothing oil. I'm so dependent on this product that I went and bought 5 bottles last time, in case I can't find it anymore because there's no other curling product out there that works for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hate, hate, hate! This really dried out my hair and did not enhance my waves at all. Suave Captivating Curls mousse is so much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by ashton

So I can't say I'm a fan of this mousse. I read some alright reviews and it was cheap so I gave it a go. I'm always on the look out for a new wave enhancing product but this one didn't cut it.
For me, this actually WEIGHED down my waves rather than enhance them. It made my hair look flat and stringy. Although I did not get the crunchy feel that I do with a lot of mousses, it made it feel straw like and dull and overall just bad. I threw away about half of the bottle because I just didn't like it. I switched to Aussie's Catch the Wave and I'm a lot happier.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by aminn00

My natural hair texture is wavy/frizzy, so I always need a product if I choose to go without a flat iron. This is my favorite mousse. I put it on wet hair, let it air dry, & have soft waves with no frizz. I don't know why I try other brands since this one works so well. Target usually has it for the best price (in the $3.50 range).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great mousse for creating that beachy wave look, or just to enhance waves. You can apply this to hair and simply let it air dry for a kinky look, or you can add heat for extra volume. For the price, it isn't bad! I will say that the mousse does dispense it large amounts if your not careful, so use a light hand when you press the nozzle down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by RoseVie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have thick curly hair.. 3B type curly hair to be exact. When I first saw this a couple years ago I was curious and decided to try it. I was definitely sold on the fact that it's a Strong Hold product. I use this product after I have washed my hair and towel dried it. While damp, I apply a generous amount all over my hair and let it air dry. I love how it makes my curls a lot looser and wavy throughout the whole day and even the next day! Love the look.
Unfortunately, for the past months, I can't seem to find it in stores anymore. It might be discontinued.. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

HG! This product is amazing at taming my frizzy, wavy hair. In humidity my hair just seizes up and turns into a frizzy mess. I apply this mousse straight out of the shower, and then comb through and scrunch my hair. Then I scrunch in a little shine serum like Moroccon oil or something. Looks a little big at first, but if I sleep on it I wake up with the most moisturized looking waves that are just beautiful. If you are looking for something to tame frizz and encourage wave, definitely try this product. Definitely the best product of it's kind I have found.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by lmf102

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Meh. I have coarse hair that is hard to control (usually blow-dryed and straightened). When I do decide to wear it wavy, it tends to act up unless I use a LOT of product in it. I bought this mousse because I'm not particularly tied to any one brand and it smelled nice, standard for any garnier product. well thats where the Pros of this product ended unfortunately. Didn't offer much by means of control or even much hold. It's better used when I blow my hair out and use a curling iron for big curls, but for scrunching I wouldn't recommend it for difficult hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by jenno30

This mouse is pretty amazing. I use it in conjunction with Wonder Waves spray. A little definitely goes a long way and you have to be sure that you are distributing the product evenly. I have naturally wavy hair with a few curls here and there. I have used a lot of products for curly and wavy hair and this is by far, the best. Great for air drying and also, controls frizz.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by mo141

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this mousse, the only thing about it is that it sometimes leaves my hair dry. I'm not sure if this is houw most mousses are, but yeah. ok, so you can see a little bit of wave in my hair, but I have such long, thick hair that it just falls flat. After I shower, I either put this in and let it air dry, or I put it in and just go to bed, and either way I get nice waves.
:) mo'

Update: So I'm kinda looking for a new mousse, just because I feel like this one is not really giving the definition I want and it makes my hair stick.

Update: found herbal essences totally twisted mousse: i like it a lot better.
:) mo