August 20, 2014 | 1902 users online

Polishes - Milani - day dreaming

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by RaqqStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A great light cream grey! It seems very sheer but it is opaque in three coats, which may seem like a lot but the polish dries down really quick and isn't a hassle to paint three coats. It has a slight glossy finish and is even better with a top coat. Great price and great polish LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by cjtwilght

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I ordered this, and got it in the mail today. I put on the color a few hours ago, and I LOVE IT!! With the first coat, it looks like it will take a million coats to get it opaque, it looks so sheer, but it gets good enough with two, and perfect with three coats. It went on slightly streaky, but as it dried, it seemed to spread out and kind of even itself out, which is really nice:)

As for the color, it is definitely in my favorites. It is ever-so-slightly darker than what it looks like in the bottle, which seems like a matte, rather light grey with a kind of warm undertone.

Having it on for only about 2 hours, I don't know how long it lasts before chipping. It dried very quickly, after I finished both hands it was ready for the next color already.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

I found this at CVS last weekend and immediately swooped in on it. I love the unusual color! A gray creme is still a bit unusual. The creme formula is chic and it applies smoothly. Looks great on fingers. Even guys have complimented this on me so I guess dudes like it. Buy this if you don't have a gray creme already. Good brush on this one too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by piratecris

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Milani's Day Dreaming is a true medium grey creme that I saw on display at CVS. I applied three coats to get completely even, opaque coverage. So far I've had it on for five days with very minimal wear on the tips. Amazing! I've also heard that it's a dupe for MAC On the Prowl, but Milani's bottle contains more product for a fraction of the price. If you spot it, get it! I believe Day Dreaming is limited edition (which is a shame) and it's a very wearable and unique color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by RedheadDior

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dupe for Mac's HK On the Prowl. I finally found it. There's one more left at my local CVS, hopefully. I'm making my bf buy it tomorrow. The color is so cool and lovely. it took me 3 coats and must put a shiny top coat. It is a flat color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I really wanted MACs “On the Prowel” and saw on the nail board that this was a very close dupe. I, too, have been lemming OPI by Sephora’s Metro Chic, but I wouldn’t say this is a comparable color in my opinion.

Anyways, I had a heck of a time getting a hold of this. Luckily someone on the nail board CP’d it for me. I put it on immediately.

I had problems with the application. It was very sheer and streaky. It seems to dry up before I got to the tip of the nail, and my nails are very short. I would recommend a ride-filling base coast because it is not forgiving of imperfections on the nail bed. It would not smooth over the tips that are still slightly damaged from acrylics in the past. All my other polish smooth over it just fine, but not this guy.

It took 3 coats to get it to be smooth and opaque. Even then it sill wasn’t perfect. However, considering it is such an unusual polish, I will be keeping it and trying to make it work. The brush stinks. If it where wider it would have probably applied much more smoothly and wouldn’t have dried up while applying.

I found the color to be a bit flat. Using a high shine topcoat helped (Seche Vite). I got a lot of complements from work the next day. It is very on trend, unique, but not so in-your-face. I would consider it to be a work appropriate color.

The next day, I still felt is was missing something, so I put a layer of Rimmel’s French Manicure polish in Soft Violet. It added a lot of dimension to the color. It still read gray, but is was shinier and had a slight lavender irradiance. The finish resembled a darker version of OPI’s “Moon of Mumbai” and something like what I imagine Zoya’s “Harley” looks like, but I can only go by pictures of it.

The wear with this is very good. I use OPI Nail Envy, Orly Bonder & Seche Vite topcoat. It’s been 3 days and no chipping. I am really rough on my nails, so this is quite a feat.

I find this shade to be versatile. I am looking forward with playing with it some more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to admit that I thought Metro Chic was fugly. I mean, dark grey creme!? Bleah. But the new Milani collection was out at CVS, and the pickins were slim. Only six new colors and I had dupes of all of them except this one, a light grey creme. I bought it and it looks very nice on my olive complexion. Who'd'a thought? I'll definitely buy this again, and maybe I'll try a coat of holographic glitter on top next time. Plus it's only $3.79.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by wiccawonder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on a desperate search for a dupe for Sephora's metro chic, which is a creamy grey. I was in CVS and saw that Milani had a new display. I walked over and noticed a white looking polish. I looked again and I was more light grey I grabbed it immediatly. This is not an exact dupe but it's a nice creamy tint of grey.

It goes streaky but it dries even. The process of applying this color was long and I needed three coats to get the opaque look I wanted. I am happy I have it and it was only 3.79 so I did not spend a lot.