Fudge Membrane Gas

4.8

on 9/6/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw some really good reviews on this and I guess I may have been expecting too much. It has an excellent hold when you first spray it, my hair doesn't move AT ALL it's pretty amazing for the little amount you have to spray to achieve that hold. BUT maybe it's just more visible on my jet black hair but I can see some whitish film like residue, it's not that obvious from afar but i can see it and it bugs me. The residue becomes even more apparent when i brush my hair out. When you spray it there is quite a distinct smell, although it doesn't last for very long it's very chemically and not a really pleasant scent. Also, although the hold is great, after a while (for me it was two-three hours) the strong hold does wear out and it's the same hold as any cheap, regular hairspray. That may also be because I'm not liberal in applying it and only spray my fringe a bit.

All in all I feel like it's a solid product, it can HOLD your hair in place and it will NOT budge provided that you are not shy with this product. It can be difficult to brush out and depending on your hair colour/texture you may find some kind of residue in your hair. It's lightweight and doesn't give that crispy feeling of using too much hairspray but of course it still feels like product and will wear off eventually.

on 3/1/2013 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I've bought this three times to date and can't see that I'll be stopping anytime soon. My hair is short but with quite long layers, soft and fine. This is the best stuff to give it lift - far better than ordinary spray. I flip my head upside down after drying it, spray with a "count to 5" burst of Membrane Gas and stay flipped for 30 to 60 seconds, then tweak a little. It's great - adds body without looking like gluey helmet hair. Despite its considerable strength, my hair still looks flexible. Very useful for refreshing your style anytime.

on 2/27/2011 6:43:00 AM

Membrane Gas, where have you been all my life?!

I have fine and straight hair and this is the best volumising product so far. It is perfect for keeping your hair in shape without it sticking together (like you get with most hair sprays). Its like you get an invisible web over your hair that holds and shapes it.

I have a side fringe that I usually style with hair spray. I found that most hair sprays make it stiff, too shiny and darker which I dislike. Membrane gas makes it look natural but still holds it in place.
10/10 product!

So far this is my favourite hair spray for adding that very much needed oomph to my long, fine hair. It's perfect for getting more volume at the crown, because this stuff doesnt move once it dries. Seriously, it's like super glue and great for fixating. Works awesome with or instead of backcombing, and I'm sure it would easily hold the biggest beehive. Or just a medium teased crown- if thats more you. It dries instantly- and isn't very flexible, so you better prepare your style just the way you like it, and don't bother spraying too much or reshaping. You have to get it right from the start and use just a few sprays for big and yet natural-looking volume. This spray is quite strong, and different from most others I tested that only offer medium hold, no matter what the label promises. I have over-sprayed a few times and had to wash my hair because it got heavy and frizzy- it won't brush out easily- so holly, go lightly. I have repurchased several times and will continue to do so. *Not tested on animals.

Popular Styling Products