Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner-Powerful Purple 06

Price: $

on 11/22/2014 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I am a big fan of the Nyx slide on pencils for their quality and color, but I specifically wanted a deep dark liner that I could use for dark purple lips and a LOT of lines just didn't have it. So I found this.

I really like this. Yea, it's almost black but for me that works. Previously I had wanted brighter liners for my eyes but for that vamp look this is so nice. It goes on well, the color is deep and best of all, I can use it on my eyes and lips. I needed it for my Wet n Wild Vamp it up. That color doesn't really need a liner since it's matte, but it helps get the line just right since you have to be careful with a color that dark to not go outside of your lips. As an eyeliner, it's nice for days that you don't want that deep dark black look but you still want a darker liner. It's not about making a major statement, it's so subtle but really makes a difference if you aren't the type to use only black or only brown eyeliners. And it glides on very well, so I'm impressed with the quality. This whole new Prestige revamp has been amazing.

These are a bit more in price than I remember the brand being, a few brands did hike up their prices after relaunching. But I got it with a sale so it was worth it.

on 12/12/2013 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this product line! I got these in Olive, Purple, and Slate. (Thanks MUA!) I can't say enough about how smoothly this glides onto skin, or how good the colour payoff is! Comparable to Urban Decay or Smashbox, and was only $7 on sale at London Drugs. It lasts all day, doesn't migrate, and washes off with a tissue and a gentle cleanser.

Powerful Purple is an intensely dark (almost chocolatey) purple, with a slightly metallic sheen. It is darker and less-red than Mac Fluidline in Macroviolet. The shade can be pushed further into black, dark brown, or a vibrant purple by pressing a bit of shadow or loose pigment over top immediately after applying the liner. But it's lovely on its own. I like to use a smudge stick to work this into the lashline and out at the corners a little bit. I have green eyes and pale skin. This shade makes green eyes look more vibrant without veering into that horrible bruised-mauve that make very fair skin look undead. A strong dark liner that's a few shades more fun than pitch black. This is a keeper!

This product gets a very good safety rating on the SkinDeep database (1/10) AND is from a cruelty-free company. (No animal testing.)

on 11/15/2013 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is more of a black pencil which sort of suggests a deep purple burgundy leaning, It is creamy and pigmented, strong but subtle depending on application. Very interesting! It is one of those eyeliners that you want to use as a cream shadow. So flattering with your deeper burgundy, purple eye looks, for me is one of those pencils that you wish came in a cream shadow because it looks pretty smudged out as a crease color when you want a more dramatic look.

on 8/17/2013 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This purple eyeliner is my hands down favorite eyeliner of all time. If I had to pick just three makeup items among everything I own or desire that would make it into my Holy Grail Triumvirate, this eyeliner would be one of the three. And here is why:

Purple is my favorite color, and I have preferred it to any other eyeliner color my whole life. But it's only relatively recently that purple eyeliner has caught up to the quality of black and brown liners. This particular shade is ideal for my hazel eyes. It's a subtle, dark smoky purple, so it still gives dramatic definition, but with a twist. I personally don't care for bright or lighter shades of purple liners. I like them deep, smoldering, like a tinted black. This one is spot on.

This liner (indeed, every shade of the Prestige Total Intensity liners I have, in daring green, slate, brown, back, and blue) has Insane staying power on my waterline. The WATERLINE, I tell you! And consider this: I wear a glass eye in one eye, which makes that eye much more prone to watering. Any other solid, long lasting, waterproof eyeliner can last 8 hours on the waterline, but only on my good eye. They're 70% gone within 2 hours from the waterline on my other eye. This Prestige liner is the only one that lasts for hours and hours on both eyes. By the end of the day, the Prestige liner on the good eye is faded only about 15%, and about 25% on the other eye. This is after more than 10 hours of wear.

No other liner has come close to this level of performance. These blow Urban Decay 24/7s out of the water. I only have one MUFE aqua liner in plum, and it does not perform as well as this Prestige. Some Tarte and Smashbox liners have done a respectable job, but still not as well as Prestige. I have also tried Revlon Colorstay (my go to liner for about a decade) and Milani Liquid Eye (formerly Liquif'eye). None compares to this Prestige. I want to try some more shades of MUFE aqua liners, because I love that brand. But then I can't justify it given how little I pay for crazy performance I already get from Prestige.

Of course we all have different bodies and textures and chemistries, so the same thing won't work or everyone. I just want to share that this eyeliner is the best performer on my waterline, even with an extraordinarily teary eye like I have.

on 4/16/2013 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really love this line of eyeliners, (especially the emerald!) but this particular one I do not like. All of the other colors live up to their names-bright greens, bright blues, teals, etc. I thought this would be a deep or bright purple, but it's really mostly black. It has a hint of plum to it, but not much. The formula on this one isn't as nice as the others either. It's still pretty soft and creamy but not as much. It does stay put pretty well. All in all this is just ok. If you want a black liner that leans purple, you might try this one-but if you're looking for a true purple or violet, this pencil is not.

on 11/1/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Whoa! I was so surprised when I opened and swatched this liner at how creamy and incredibly pigmented it is! I originally picked it out for the color (still looking for something with a browner base) but damn, it is such a beautiful texture. Big surprise from the drugstore!

on 10/24/2012 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Total intensity liners are amazingly creamy and pigmented. This color is a gorgeous eggplant purple. Like another reviewer wrote, it's hard to come across a purple liner that is actually dark yet vibrant like this one. This colored liner makes my brown eyes pop. I love wearing when I want a pop of color in a neutral eye look. Best tip I've read so far is to wipe your waterline with a qtip first and then apply this liner; it will make the liner stay out and last all day. Def would repurchase! :)

on 8/3/2012 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this formula in general but what I really like about this purple is that it's a dark purple. A lot of colored liners are all about bright but if you still want definition you have to layer them over black. I find extra steps really annoying. But this is dark enough to wear on its own. It might not give you bold flash of color but I love it as a way to subtly brighten my blue-green eyes

on 7/9/2012 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my third color after Daring Green and Fearless Teal, a weird color celection it may seem but having green eyes is a challenge by itself and a green-eyed person ais always on the go in search of a flattering color. Sometimes my eyes look bright grass green, sometimes emerald green and sometimes yellow-tinged grey with darker circle.
This is not that much of a purple to scare people away, definitely not so. Purple flashes only in bright direct sunlight, whereas in an office environment is it a very tonned down dark greyish-brownish-reddish black-based purple. This is my third review of Total Intensity eye liners and it is only now that I figured where I have seen that idea: YSL's latest gel liners and Faux Cils Shocking mascara, several blackened colors. I am not sure there is a matching mascara but a few of these will definitely find their partner at YSL's. As I am a big fan of FC Shocking in blackened green and find it very age and office appropriate, I believe my Powerful Purple will also see many office days.
And again in brief: stays put and color-true for at least 8 hours on my upper lid, is very creamy and glides easily. However being extra creamy must be applied with caution and will probably need sharpening every now and than and will hardly last long. May be easily removed with Guerlain Radiance Cleansing Gel (gel to oil to milk substance).

on 12/20/2011 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'll probably buy this again in the future b/c it is so cheap and it's a beautiful color. It's very creamy and fairly easy to apply. I did find there was some flaking later in the day but for the price, I'll overlook it.

Top Rated Prestige Products