Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Vintage Lace

Price: $

on 2/25/2013 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

For what I use this for, it's great! I only use this as a brow bone highlight and on the inner lid. (I like a matte inner lid highlight and a satin/shimmery corner highlight & not shimmery for both) For those uses, this is great! I don't find it chalky, but I'm not applying all over the lid, so I don't know how that'd look, but I suspect chalky because I have medium skin (NC32) yellow undertones, so really light/white shadows don't usually look good all over my lid. I use this like I do my MAC Blanc Type, and it's so similar to me. Great shadow.

on 6/16/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Uhhh, I've tried this before thinking it would be a perfect matte highlight. But, it's just plain chalky, no pigmentation, just a powdery mess. Would be a lovely eyeshadow IF IT SHOWED UP. I don't understand the high ratings...hmm

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I literally paid $1 (CAD) for this little matte eyeshadow. It's an off-white shade, completely matte and chalkier than expected. I played around with it as a brow bone and inner eye corner highlighter. My favourite way to use this though is as an under eye brightener. I have an olive/tan complexion (NC 30/35), and you'd think this would be too light, but the nice thing is, it's very flattering for your under eye area to be a little lighter than the rest of your complexion. I would buy it again if I could find it for the same low price. But the way I'm using it, it'll last me for a long, long time!

on 6/12/2012 1:26:00 AM

I got it on sale for 1.49. Is it the best matte Ive ever used? No. But for a drugstore matte as a base shadow, it works good. Im not sure if id pay full price for it.

on 2/22/2012 2:58:00 PM

It slides on well and wears well. It is so affordable and worth a try!

on 1/30/2012 10:52:00 PM

Due to the high reviews and lovely packaging, I had really wanted to like this this product, but I am so disappointed. Its a lovely matte colour,and has nice pigmentation, so I was hoping to use it as a nice wash over the lid, of perhaps to layer it on my cream eyeshadow base. But it just looked so chalky! Plus, it did not blend well at all. All in all, its just not that great.

on 1/18/2012 12:36:00 PM

This is a staple in my makeup routine and something that I would buy over and over again (so please don't discontinue this product!) I use it as a highlight on my brow bone and/or a wash all over my lid. Great pigmentation, blendable, slightly powdery, but I can live with it. Highly recommended :)

on 1/18/2012 12:14:00 PM

Great quality for a great price. I love those matte shadows and want them in every color available!

on 12/19/2011 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Used it every day since I bought it. Love this eyeshadow to death! :D

on 11/3/2011 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Someone else wrote about this being a good concealer. To that end I want to add that while never using this for that purpose on my face, I have used this on my decolletage area to tone down redness. Even wearing a high spf this area gets red in the warm weather. I was self conscious and regular makeup wasn't working well texture, nor appearance wise, you could "see" the makeup.

Tried this because at one time I used mineral foundation for any such redness/splotchiness. Works so well I hit pan on the first and already have a back up. Its fine for under brow highlighting, not amazing, but certainly more than adequate. I like it on the decolletage because you can't see nor feel it on.