Bath and Body Works Butterfly Flower

3.9

on 1/12/2015 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I miss this scent so much. Why must Bath and Body Works discontinue their best scents?? This is my favorite scent from BBW of all time. It smells like a spring garden in full bloom. I love fresh, green, flowery scents so this is perfect!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Butterfly Flower isn't one of my favourite fragrance mists from Bath & Body Works, but I do like it. It costs $12 for an 8 fl oz bottle. This smells like bananas & is a bit musky. I don't smell too much floral; if anything, it's slightly honeysuckle-smelling. It's a soft fragrance & is good to wear in the springtime—it's a daytime spray. Despite its being a soft scent, it is long-lasting both on my skin & on my clothing.

Note: Why are/were people saying Butterfly Flower was discontinued; you can still buy this along with the Body Lotion, Shower Gel, & Triple Moisture Body Cream from the store

on 3/9/2013 1:32:00 AM

Man oh man, this scent is nothing short of amazing! I'll admit like other people on here, I'm not a big fan of B&BW because most of their scents don't last long on me at all (I'm talking about 15 minutes max, despite layering!). This scent is the only one that I not only love to death, but also lasts several hours. Although it is discontinued, THERE ARE, spot on dupes for it on Etsy in the form of perfume oils ranging from $5-9. Those will last you all day. I just wish B&BBW would bring this back so I could snag more at my local mall, because it's so much more convenient that way.

on 1/21/2013 7:46:00 PM

Let me start by saying I'm not a fan of BBW. I like the Slatkin candles and do like Lilac Blossom and Caribbean Escape room sprays. I stock up on these and keep on in each of my travel bags and in my purse.

I also like their antibacterial hand soaps and gels. Other than the occasional bottle of bubble bath or shower gel or unless someone specifies they want something from there for a gift, I avoid their fragrances and haven't liked any since they discontinued Orange Blossom which was incredible, especially in the Purely Silk Splash.

However, Butterfly Flower is the exception. I have it in everything they make. It will never be one of my top 5 perfumes, BUT I do like it. It doesn't last long unless you layer it with the lotion and for some reason, the lotion doesn't smell as good to me as the bath gel and the fragrance mist but all are nice.

IF you like L'Artisan La Chasse Aux Papillon, you should like this.I like to take a bath with the gel and use some in the tub to make a bubble bath. It leaves my skin scented, lightly, for 2-3 hours. If I use the lotion, it lasts most of the day.

It reminds of me of La Chasse "light". It's nice. It's no L'Artisan or MPG, but it's a surprisingly nice fragrance from BBW. I stocked up since it's supposedly being discontinued.

on 10/2/2011 3:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I don't usually care for BBW scents, too much vanilla and food. I bought the rollon and then decided against more, until it was discontinued, of course! Then I just knew I wanted more. Itsn't that always the way. So I did the sale thing and ebay, etc. I have a stash of it now and will just use it till it runs out. I suppose I like the syringa (mock orange) part of it along with banana leaf. Mimosa and honeysuckle are also flowers that I love. I usually go more for green floral, so this one is my weakness to VERY floral and sweet. Just NOT sugar sweet.

on 9/17/2011 4:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

smells like bananas!! Really pretty floral scent. Another that didn't get the praise it deserves.

on 8/3/2011 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I like this fragrance from B&BW a lot. It's great for the summer and hot weather. Unfortunately, they have discontinued it, along with other of their more straightforward florals, like their honeysuckle, jasmine, and tuberose fragrances (loved Velvet Tuberose, too). This has a lighter, more whimsical character than Velvet Tuberose. My one complaint is the lasting power isn't the best. You absolutely need the lotion to get the body spray to last, and when it does linger, the base note of musk is the last to remain on my skin. It's very nice, though. Here are the notes:

Top notes: Black tea, tangerine juice, cyclamen, banana
Heart notes: Maxillaria Tenufolia orchid, syringa flower, French mimosa
Base notes: Coconut Milk, musk.

It is very tropical smelling as well as floral. I don't get banana as much as a honeysuckle type of floral smell. Beautiful, sheer fragrance that always brings compliments.

Too bad that Butterfly Flower is being discontinued, because it's such a pretty and feminine fragrance. I love my girly routine of showering with the gel, then applying the lotion and body splash. Butterfly Flower is a soft floral fragrance - quite pleasant and not overpowering.

on 6/12/2011 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I originally got this in a room spray. It was ok but not that impressive. I just found the edt at the summer sale and decided to try the tester. OMG! I love it! I'd been searching for a beautiful, summery floral after smelling DKNYs Be Delicious on my cousin one hot day. It was perfectly fresh and vibrant for summer. I had to have it BUT didnt want to copy her fragrance. I'm sooo glad I found Butterfly Flower! It's similiar to Be Delicious but not as long lasting. And without the hefty price tag. $14.75 for 2.5 oz. aint bad. I'm happy ; )

on 6/5/2011 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

this is EXACTLY what i was looking for!! i am a passionate lover of soft, girly, floral scents and this is the perfect find! with the expensive designer mixes, their perfumes always smell like stinging alcohol and it never stays on a soft floral topnote, butterfly flower is a floral scent through and through. the best way to describe it is... putting your face up to a flower in bloom and breathing in. a definite clean spring scent, it may not be bold enough for summer tho

Popular Fragrances