November 28, 2014 | 915 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Peachstock (satin)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by SlmS1992

The colour does not suit me at all!! It's like I applied concealer on my lips! Totally washed out and the formulation is so bad. It feathers out like crazy and does not go on smoothly. Thank god I didn't buy it, it was a friend's that I borrowed coz I forgot to bring my nude lipstick. This lipstick is so bad I actually thought it's a fake MAC.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Most nudes are pinky, which I dislike so I wanted this for a very long time so my disappointment was so ...disappointing.

This definitely is a peach or yellowy based nude. Very pale.

It's a bit pale even for me who is around nc15 AND happens to sort of like corpse kinda lips.

The absolute deal breaker with this was the feathering -- holy crap this feathers like none other and accentuated every dry spot on my lips.

Looks horrid and cheap to be honest.

I have 5 other mac lipsticks, all different finishes so it really is this one in particular- the other ones can be a little drying but NONE feather like this.

I wrote this review mainly because I must note: revlon nude attitude is a exact DUPE of peachstock.

In formula and shade they are identical I swear.

I know this bc before I really got into makeup I wore revlon nude attitude all the time. At that time I thought feathering and poor formulation were just a way of life, and getting tired of my lipstick looking bad is actually one of the things that got me into high end makeup.

So yeah- if you're curious about peachstock and don't wanna spend the $16- revlon nude attitude is exactly identical at half the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The low rating is due to the color, it doesn't work on my ruddy, Celtic-looking skin and pigmented lips: it blanks them out too much and makes my skin look even more red than it already is. I don't know how those girls in the pics associated with this product review got such a gorgeous color from this lipstick, it almost has me thinking maybe they got their pictures/lipsticks mixed up. I can't even make this work if I apply it sheerly. I was hoping Peachstock would impart more *peach*, but instead, it's a very pale, flesh-tone, much like the pair of lips up there in picture 3 of 5. If you're looking for that blanked out, concealer-like color, check this out.

I'm a fan of MAC's satin, creams and matte lipsticks (with the matte being my favorite), they've always worked well with me. The satins are an interesting formulation: on the lips, they feel like the mattes but don't last quite as long, they have a slight sheen and a little slip, and more lasting power than creams. Every now and then you'll run into a chalky satin, and IMO, Peachstock is one of them. I'm not sure if it's the formulation, the color, or a combo of both, but it's just a total pass for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

'Peachstock' is really pretty. I am pale, but it suits me well. It doesn't look like I have concealer on my lips, as it does have a slight orange tone to it. Don't be scared of it. It's lovely.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by ladonamorena64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NO! I read on another website that this is one of the Mac lipsticks recommended for African American women. I ordered it and I wish I ordered something else. This lipstick is downright ugly on me. I am an NW43 and it made me look like I was wearing blackface, with the exaggerated white lips. It's beautiful in the tube, but to make this work, I would have to mix, match, and manipulate, which I don't feel like doing that with this shade. So I will give it to my friend, who is light skinned maybe she can use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Aubreyxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Peackstock is my number 1 favorite lipstick of all time hands down! Prepare for a read:

When I got into makeup I was looking for the nude lips, not the MLBB but a NUDE lip. Imagine my horror when I step into MAC for the first time and as a NC30 with pigmented lips find that all the popular colors like Myth, Creme D'Nude, Creme Cup, Angel, Hug Me etc looked awful on me. I never realized that I was looking for the wrong type of a nude. I have olive undertones that don't take well to light pink lipsticks. I took a gamble on Peachstock, bought it online and prayed for the best. Thank the heavens that this lipstick is just amazing on me! It is everything I want a nude lip to be. In my opinion, it is like a Myth but for Medium-Deep Skinned girls.

That being said:
On me, I don't need nor do I use a lipliner. I think would I be around an NC40 or higher I would need to use a lipliner to make it transition good. I really like this lipstick and I think this lipstick will look good based on your skin undertone and your lip pigmentation. It is opaque, moreso than Freckletone so W.O.C don't fear it. Pair it with a brown liner and rock the heck out of it. I find the satin formula neither drying or hydrating. Good wear, depending on what I'm doing.

Overall I love it and I feel that this lipstick is so underrated! WARNING: This lipstick will give you the super nude lips, not concealer but close to it.If you don't like that look I suggest trying Kinda Sexy.
**My ultimate nude combo is Peackstock mixed with Freckletone, try it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Molly8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Just let you know if you has tan Asian skin don't buy this lipstick. It's really wash me out like I wear concealer on my lips. It didn't even work with my skintone and the formula was really bad I need lots of lip balm to make it stick on my lips. It's really different with my mac creme cup that's really work on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm on the fence about this one. It's great for warm, tan complexions that are darker than NW/NC25, but the matteness of it can make it appear like a concealer. I wore this when I was fake tanning and around an NW30. Definitely gave a bold nude lip, but looked like concealer like without gloss. On lighter complexions, this will appear orange or even brown. I still give it three stars because it's opaque and that's hard to find in nude lipsticks.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by neeshchop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm so sad that I don't like it, but alas my worst fear came true. I looked like a zombie! I'm NC42-NC 44, and I have dark lips to begin with - so my natural colours make this lipstick appear to be almost totally in line with my skin colour, turning my entire face into a wash of blah! I have tried with glossy products on top (esp. pink tones), but this makes the look passable - somewhat- and is no longer work appropriate for me. If you have medium to tan skin tone, tread carefully, but ideally my best advice would be to buy another nude because this is not the one for us.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by foxyknox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG lipstick! Wear this shade almost everyday. The only problem is that its a pro item and there arent any pro stores near me so i always have to order it online and wait for it to arrive, other wise i love it. Perfect nude. Highly recommend to everyone, sometimes its hard to get a hold of so buy it if you can!