December 21, 2014 | 1489 users online

Lip Gloss - Pixi - Lip Booster

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

I had this in Elf and I thought it smelled great - strawberries but not too synthetic. These definitely reminded me of my very first lip gloss from Prestige - the Jetstream with the click mechanism (discontinued), which turned out to be a copycat of Stila's lip glazes. I have yet to try the original. Don't get me wrong - I love Stila but I'm not longer favouring lip glosses like I did in my teens. When I first saw these, I thought there was a lot of product in them. It was chunkier so I didn't really like how that was. I believe these are discontinued now but you can probably still get old stock online.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by KeepFlyyingGirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I own Zuzana and Elf. I didn't pay $18 for these as I picked these up elsewhere than Target. Both of these glosses are very flattering and are actually glossy rather than shimmery. I enjoy both of them, they are mildly sticky (which I don't mind) so they stay put and the pen applicator is pretty cool. If I had to pay $18 for them, I probably wouldn't have purchased them, but for the discounted prices I payed at Ross (trust me, they can have some good makeup there!), they're worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sh0512

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Maxi. Its the clear color. I have sensitive lips that get irritated with boosters. But his one doesn't irritate or scratch my lips. Plumps up enough that I know the difference and feel better. And doesn't make my lips look cakey. I tried the other colors but this one I think it the best quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by cherrycherrybangbang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG of lipglosses. I have it in No. 6 Elf and it goes on beautifully and stays on. I have tried them all, Lancome, Clinique, MAC, Stila, Urban Decay you name it, but I keep coming back to these. Such lovely color and shimmer and the smell is FABULOUS! It has the most delicious strawberry scent. I wish they were a little easier on the wallet but for the staying power, wonderful smell, and beautiful color I will continue buying them as long as they continue making them :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by yoyoko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift with purchase when I bought some other Pixi products, and it has quickly become a favourite! I keep reaching for it because it makes my lips feel so good - extremely plump and moisturized. On the website, the description says:
"Maximizing lip gloss to instantly treat & restore lip vitality. Provides maximum hydration and helps restore collagen, adding volume to improve lip contour. Improves lip fullness 40%, decreases lines 30% and improves lip moisture 60%."
I don't know about restoring collagen, but personally, I do feel it has done its job at moisturizing and improving the fullness of my lips. (We're not talking about a bee-stung look or anything, though!) I also think it decreases the look of the lines in my lips, but who knows whether any of these effects are lasting. My lips have been in terrible condition this winter, and I think that this lip booster has been one of the best products for tackling the wrinkly, dry, peeling issues I've been having.

I have this in the colour Maxi, which looks like a frosty nude in the tube, but I tend to wear it over a lip stain (the Pixi lip blush, actually, which I also recommend), so the colour (if any) does not show up at all. This means it's easy to apply on the go, which is nice. It makes my lips look very shiny and glossy.

The smell is pleasant and sweet - kind of like candy. Some might find it too sweet (I quite like it), but the smell doesn't last for the entire time that the gloss is on your lips. I have no idea how it tastes as I try not to lick my lips (since I find that dries my lips). =)

Initially, I found it quite noticeably tacky (the consistency is quite thick and gloopy), but it hasn't really felt that way recently - maybe I'm used to the texture now. I'd say it is stickier than a more watery and slippery gloss (and long hair will catch in it!).

Like other reviewers, I'm not a fan of the click-brush applicator, but as someone else has said, it probably keeps the product itself in a more hygienic condition than a lip balm pot or a gloss tube would. Unless you're using a new wand in a tube gloss every time you apply it, all lip products have this problem and different companies seem to tackle it in different ways. I personally prefer this to having a pot that you dip your fingers into, but I'm a germophobe. =P Of course, it would be nice to be able to clean the brush!

For £12.50, I would normally consider this too expensive, but it's so good that I really do think it's worth the price. It's a definite repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by krislee6669

this is A TERRIFIC lip booster. it really plumps your lips and it has many good colors to choose from
it is also a good price it was 18 dollars orriginally but i got it for 15 dollars at target it made my lips feel SO SOFT and it plumps them really good!
also the packaging is really cute and nice i love how it comes in a cute pink box i still have it lol

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by annetick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I thought these were just okay. The colors are pretty and they go on smooth without being too sticky. I was kind of underwhelmed by the staying power, however. I found they came off pretty easily while eating or drinking. I guess not gloss is perfect though. I probably wouldn't buy it again because there are so many gloss brands and formulas out there to try. This was better than average, but for $18, I don't think it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by stability17

I put the price as a two because I got this at ACW for $2.99.
I bought this thinking it was a steal and I would be getting a small tube, probably similar to that of an E.L.F. gloss. I was wrong and right. It was a steal (they retail for about 18 bucks I think) and the product itself is actually quite big.
I have one in Zuzana, a punchy red color. Love it! Sheen yet colorful. Staying power is great. I just had a glass of chocolate milk (and I had this gloss on for about two hours prior to that) and it STILL is on as if I had just applied it.
Get this, it's worth it! They are adorable!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Marsha0708

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find this lip gloss best of all I have tried so far (Lancôme juicy tubes, Ester Louder, Christian Dior, Elizabeth Arden, Stila, Vincent Longo etc). I love how light it feels on my lips, not as heavy and sticky as many other lip glosses. Staying power is great in my opinion, I wear it half a day at least (having coffee, water and eating my fruit bars) and only need to re-apply it after launch. Looks fantastic, smells beautiful. Click pen applicator does not put me off at all, I figured how to get a right amount very quickly and find a little brush very useful. It is my HG lip-gloss and from now on I will only be buying this lip gloss in different colours. I have it in Theena and I love it, light peachy colour, not too pigmented, just perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ybabe

Not sure why this is called 'lip booster' as it doesn't appear to be a plumping gloss. I got this as a gift with purchase in #7 Daisy. It's a beautiful, shimmery bronze in the tube, but it goes on sheer. It is pigmented enough to show up on its own as a warm, golden, slightly rosy nude shade (if that makes any sense!) when applied to my pale lips. Nice, sweet, inoffensive scent. It's not sticky, and therefore the staying power isn't great. Pixi Lip Booster isn't something I would normally purchase, so it was a nice surprise to find that I really like it! Like others, I don't really like the click-pen applicator. But apart from that, this is a winner :)